Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by phil59 » 31/08/21, 12:51

A journey of about 700 km that I should do at the end of October, to take a week of CP in Brittany.

This is more or less the theory that will be applied, depending on the events that one might find on the road.

Generally, I do not take the toll motorway, there I would take a toll end, between Neufchatel en Bray and Honfleur, between 50 and 70 km, for around € 14.

october test card.jpg
test october carte.jpg (243.84 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

possible route.JPG
route possible.JPG (101.1 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

We arrive at a total time with load, of the order of 10 hours.

The important thing is to know your car, in charge. That is, knowing which terminal you can charge on, and knowing what to expect.

The sockets, terminals, which are found practically on every street corner, are T2 sockets, charging in three-phase, that is to say, 3 times 7 kW (6 on some).

My kona, taken in three-phase will take about 11 kW.
Hence the first stop, will allow me to put a little less than 3 kWh in the battery, in 15 minutes, ridiculous, of course, but as I will stop, I might as well take advantage of it. It is not a charge stop, it is above all a rest stop.

When I pass Honfleur, I'll see if I should charge or not, the arrival at the next terminal is a bit tight. Generally, I consume a little less than what is advertised, it should go without load, but to see if I make a rest stop or not. I count without.

The next stop, near Caen, in Mondeville, is clearly a heavy stop, where I will take advantage of it for a rest.
The load there is in combo, or CCS, terminal that can deliver, up to 50 kW.
I only count 42 kW, because depending on the exterior tp, the battery tp, the remaining charge, I will probably not have 50 kW, from start to finish.
42 is more realistic.

The next stop is on a terminal delivering up to 100 kW.
I'm counting on 55, the car will technically not exceed around 75 ....

Another real stop more load-oriented.

The following ones, I will take advantage of a rest stop, on a 50 kW terminal, to put a little back into the battery ...

So about 8 hours of driving, and 2 hours spent charging and resting.

In terms of speed, I set, 115 km / h max on expressway, and 108% of the authorized speed, just to put the regulator, at 85-86, on the road.

I respect the code more or less, I don't go overboard, always at the limit of what is allowed.

Me, I only have 12 points, and I keep them! : Lol:

This is what can give a real trip in an EV, over 730 km .... With a comfortable car, sufficiently powerful, and battery, which many EVs will have practically at the mini in 3-4 years.

If not covid, at the end of October, a trip will be made, reservation made of the rental.

There may be hundreds of B plans, charging 11 kW.

In 50 kW, very little.

Today.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 31/08/21, 13:22

(Exciting, interesting, addicting, captivating, touching, thrilling, beautiful, exhilarating, tangy, poignant, sensational, fascinating, enthralling, intoxicating, endearing, horny, maddening, absorbing and .......... electrifying, if , if...)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 31/08/21, 17:23

Off topic
OFF ON

I knew Guitounet was going to let loose "his wrath", but I expected something constructive, all the same ...

I thought he was going to raise questions that were a little tricky to answer, technical, but there ....

The pôooooooooooooooooovre ....

I'm quite against euthanasia in general, but in specific cases like this, you have to ask yourself the right questions.

Please, if I reach this stage, do not hesitate, prick me ... Thank you in advance.

HS OFF.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 31/08/21, 17:30

But go eat your pancakes with your electric car, "super green", go ... and watch out, the chouchen with the meds, it goes badly ... : roll:
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 01/09/21, 01:16

phil59 wrote:A journey of about 700 km that I should do at the end of October, to take a week of CP in Brittany.

You can make your life easier with ABRP (A Better Route Planer) here: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/
You set your car, the% of load at the start, the average speed that you are going to drive, and it tells you where you have to charge and how long + the total time of the journey.
The application is also available on mobile.

Otherwise, as soon as Tesla superchargers open to other brands, journeys will be simpler for many people:
- from 8 to 16 very fast chargers per site
- telemonitored and repaired in less than 24 hours in general.
And there are those who will complain that it is too expensive when they will use it 2 or 3 times a year ...

I have an EV, but I continue to carpool and telecommute while I can.
Driving electric should not be an excuse not to make an effort to save energy in general.
I have already ridden 2 years on an electric bike to go to TAF (3000 km, excluding very bad weather and risk of ice) and 6 months on an electric scooter (before a VT sends me to the hospital ... : Evil: ), when my job was not too far from home, which is no longer the case.

Nothing is perfect in this world, but remaining captive of oil is a choice that seems risky to me in the short or medium term ...
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/09/21, 19:27

Yes, ABR is very good, I always take its base for my journeys, and then adapt it to "my driving", with chargemap, it is the base, as soon as you want to drive in an EV, outside the range of the car .

Currently, to do the route I mentioned, to have the combo, you have to make detours.

Detours, say more km, etc ...

On this road, you have to wait more than 300 km to have a CCS on your way, or almost.

Why have to make detours? I hear detour, if more than 5 km to find its charger.

Generally, I rarely travel more than a km to find my terminal.

40 years ago, to do 1000 km, I stop once to "piss" and refuel.

Today, I try, and I do very often, less than 2 hours of road at a time.
Each stop is at a terminal.

And in these conditions, it's really easy to drive an EV.

If I was in a hurry, and did not count the sous, I would take all the tolls, and that the fast terminals. And over 1000 km, that's 2 hours of installation in total, or about an hour more than thermal, negligible for an occasional trip.

As for "guitounet", who will try to do everything to close a post, alcohol is good, when it's a pleasure.

Staying a few months without drinking alcohol or wine is not a problem for me.
For you, maybe not!

When I have to take morphine to calm the pain, alcohol, for sure, there isn't. Don't be crazy! on the other hand, there is a lot of other thing, which does not prevent me from enjoying a good drink, when I feel like it, even under Médoc.

So, I will answer you, on this post, with only one sentence, when necessary, sentence which .... ????? Well, yes, I can give a fuck about you too, like you do so well with everyone.

With that, greetings! : Mrgreen:
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/09/21, 19:34

phil59 wrote:As for "guitounet", who will try to do everything to close a post, alcohol is good, when it's a pleasure.

(Exciting, interesting, captivating, captivating, moving, thrilling, beautiful, exhilarating, tangy, poignant, sensational, fascinating, exciting, intoxicating, endearing, horny, maddening, absorbing, electrifying ............ .. AND PARANO ... if, if ...)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/09/21, 19:47

Sir, here we are talking about VE!
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/09/21, 19:48

phil59 wrote:Sir, here we are talking about VE!

It wasn't my impression. This is why I am responding to your kind and innocent request.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/09/21, 19:50

GO
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."