Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by phil59 » 12/02/23, 20:06

Here we have the V2L, but when the V2H at least will be there, the EV will be part of the photovoltaic solution of the house, and it will become obvious, at least for those who have/will have panels.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/02/23, 20:18

phil 59
I defend the VE, without attacking "to death" the VT, which we could do too.
There is a very big nuance there!
it is no longer a question of attacking one or the other; but to note that the EV, apart from a few rare industrial cases and travel in town (by coach in the big cities) is an industrial abheration, even apart from the CN.
If a few take advantage of a current situation, it is not viable for the whole of humanity, which is not limited to our European navels.
simpleton
Thank you for correcting this regrettable oversight.
nothing, always willing to inform.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/23, 20:34

Janic wrote:If a few take advantage of a current situation, it is not viable for the whole of humanity, which is not limited to our European navels.

Clearly, I don't care, technological developments have never spread at the same pace on all continents, it's demagoguery what you're talking about. And moreover, it is more in China than in Europe that the EV is at the forefront.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/02/23, 20:41

sicetaitsimple wrote:[•••] on the merits, it seems obvious to me that in the long term (which one?) the EV will take a large place in the market.
Nooooooonnn, seriously, do you believe in it? : Mrgreen: https://www.capital.fr/auto/fin-des-voi ... s-1440966/
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/23, 20:56

Obamot wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:[•••] on the merits, it seems obvious to me that in the long term (which one?) the EV will take a large place in the market.
Nooooooonnn, seriously, do you believe in it?

I don't understand what you want to argue, so I'll refrain from an answer. What do you mean? Regarding the parliamentary text, there is already a review clause in 2026, for a 2022 text... Suffice to say that the 2035 objective is more than variable in geometry...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/02/23, 20:59

Janic wrote:
it is no longer a question of attacking one or the other; but to note that the EV, apart from a few rare industrial cases and travel in town (by coach in the big cities) is an industrial abheration, even apart from the CN.

If a few take advantage of a current situation, it is not viable for the whole of humanity, which is not limited to our European navels.

I don't attack the VT, you attack the VE.

And, all in its time, initially, the VTs were not everywhere, and today they are.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/02/23, 10:00

I don't attack the VT, you attack the VE.
I am not attacking the EV since, on the contrary, I find some uses for it (reread what I wrote!) But making it a tool supposed to replace the thermal one is an industrial and economic absurdity in addition to being anti ecological
And, everything in its time, in the beginning, the VTs, were not everywhere, and today, they are
yes, times change and the choices do not gain credibility.
If you can demonstrate that toute the population of the globe will be able to drive electric, even by multiplying by 1.000, at least, the CN; then you would have been right.
We must stop being naive enough to believe that what is possible and valid on a very small, non-industrial scale, is possible on a planetary scale for the simple reasons of raw materials.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 11:27

Janic wrote:If you can demonstrate that toute the population of the globe will be able to drive electric, even by multiplying by 1.000, at least, the CN; then you would have been right.

Janic and the orders of magnitude....Tell me, does CN really mean Centrale Nucléaire?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/02/23, 13:35

simpleton
Janic and orders of magnitude....
and you think you can do better? Go ahead, give us some nice, credible calculations.
Tell me, does CN mean Nuclear Power Plant?
Oh good! Do you think simple!?
As of January 1, 2022, the vehicle fleet in circulation consists of 38,7 million passenger cars, 6,3 million light commercial vehicles, 616 heavy goods vehicles and 000 buses and coaches.April 95, 000

Fleet and registrations of road vehicles https://www.statistiques.developpement-durable.gouv.fr ›...

i.e. about 46 million motor vehicles for 67 million inhabitants in france and therefore 0.68 vehicles per inhabitant. As there are 7888 million inhabitants in the world, with 0.68 machines each, that makes 5364 million machines and therefore with one plant or slice per million machines, i.e. 5.364 plants.
in addition, it is necessary:
On average, electric vehicles (EVs) contain between 82 and 85 kg of copper. It is one of the main raw materials for EVs, mainly used for motor cables, connections for electronic parts and battery packs.Oct 15, 2021
that is, again, for 5364 million gears or 456 million tons of copper. With: The world production capacity, in 2021, is 26,042 million t. this makes 18 years of production necessary for this ONLY sector and nothing for all the other sectors using CU

According to Statista, the world copper reserve in 2020 was 869 million tons of copper. Global production in 2021 was 21 million tons. This therefore corresponds to 41,4 years of reserves, a dozen years after the prediction that there would only be 31 left. March 27, 2022
in other words, copper will soon be worth more than gold and rare metals.
And it does not stop there!

Copper is primarily used in equipment manufacturing (31%), building construction (28%), infrastructure (16%), industrial uses (13%) and transportation (12%).Feb 22 2022
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 14:07

Janic wrote:simpleton
Janic and orders of magnitude....
and you think you can do better? Go ahead, give us some nice, credible calculations.

Let's go back...I took out my biggest ladle, we're not going to nitpick...
So in France, if we only talk about private vehicles (38,7 million, I'm using your figure) and assuming total substitution (very unlikely at least in the medium term), that would be less than 100TWh of electricity (38,7, 12000 million, 15km/year, about 100kWh/100km). Come on, let's add a few million light utilities to make up the weight, I'll do it for you at 20TWh/year, an increase of between 25 and XNUMX% in the country's electricity consumption.
France is about 1% of the world's population. Assuming that the whole world is equipped and circulates like France (which is of course not the case, but let's say), that would make an additional consumption of 10.000TWh/year.
A nuclear unit the size of today is about 10TWh of production per year. Would you need 1000?
There are about 400 producing in the world, so you would have to multiply the figure by about 3.
All this to prove that your "even multiplying by 1.000, at least, the CNs;" is just a big bullshit.
And to get serious again, why would you want EVs to be powered only by nuclear?
On the contrary, they seem to me to be particularly suited to the parallel development of solar and wind power, by making it possible to at least partially manage their intermittency.
2 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."