Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Macro » 20/12/22, 09:27

As far as I'm concerned...Daily use...With my Czéro I really tightened my buttocks all last week... In negative temperatures even using the heating at the bare minimum and driving with an egg under the right foot, the drop in autonomy was around 40%... I just managed to do my daily 52km...I even ended my trip in restricted mode... And still being alone on board.. I can't imagine if by misfortune I would have had to carpool... Impossible detour, and the consumption linked to the load transported would have automatically led to a dry breakdown...

Since yesterday. rise in temperatures.. Back to normal... I tell myself that if there were to be one or two weeks at -10°... I will have to take out the steaming... Just to warm up the climate a little and, my old bones at the same time... Damn I curdled my wheels in the shaker.... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/12/22, 10:19

ah ah ah you remind me of someone in CATHI

But CATHI had a gasoline heater. Which you know so well how to repair.

To tighten the buttocks, yes we have all done it with EVs of less than 100 km of autonomy... even 70-80...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/22, 10:48

Macro wrote:As far as I'm concerned...Daily use...With my Czéro I really tightened my buttocks all last week... In negative temperatures even using the heating at the bare minimum and driving with an egg under the right foot, the drop in autonomy was around 40%... I just managed to do my 52km daily...

Be careful, you exceed the Terminal by a hair c zero : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/12/22, 11:44

Remundo wrote:ah ah ah you remind me of someone in CATHI

But CATHI had a gasoline heater. Which you know so well how to repair.

I'm going to do like the gypsies...Give him a bit of a boa with a chimney on the roof...

Or like my old man with his buldozers... A bale of straw under the engine and a bonfire in the morning to warm up the mechanics : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/12/22, 11:55

Macro wrote:As far as I'm concerned...Daily use...With my Czéro I really tightened my buttocks all last week... In negative temperatures even using the heating at the bare minimum and driving with an egg under the right foot, the drop in autonomy was around 40%... I just managed to do my daily 52km...I even ended my trip in restricted mode... And still being alone on board.. I can't imagine if by misfortune I would have had to carpool... Impossible detour, and the consumption linked to the load transported would have automatically led to a dry breakdown...

Since yesterday. rise in temperatures.. Back to normal... I tell myself that if there were to be one or two weeks at -10°... I will have to take out the steaming... Just to warm up the climate a little and, my old bones at the same time... Damn I curdled my wheels in the shaker.... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

In Canada, with -30°, they do 60 km, but heating by webasto, and probably much lower speed, with the state of the roads.

With electric heating, on the other hand, with C0, triplet in general, if you drive slower, you will consume more in heating, you have to find the right balance between speed and heating, and that's not an easy task... You should be able to hold your breath all along the road, so as not to freeze the windshield! : Lol: : Arrow:

For Janic, a liter of oil produces about 12 kWh of energy, and it takes one kWh of energy to produce this liter of oil.

When you drive with a thermal which consumes 5L per hundred, you have consumed 65 kWh of energy.
With an EV, you consumed about 15 kWh per 100 AT THE SOCKET.

With an EV, you consumed less than a quarter of energy than with a thermal one, then?
Do you really think it's a waste, to consume so much for a thermal, and so little energy for an EV?

The pb is more due to covid and the negligence of the maintenance of our reactors, than to the VE.
I remind you that 15 EVs can run, if our network is at its "normal".

Because of people like you, the EV can't break through fast enough, but thanks to people like you, the autonomy of EVs increases considerably, and soon, we will be close to 1000 km of autonomy, WHICH NOT USED FOR THE MAJORITY, NOTHING!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/12/22, 14:08

Remundo wrote:yes, well-maintained Nickel Cadmium can last 200 km.

On the other hand on the PSA Nicad generation, it was quite easy to change a faulty battery.

The very robust Nicads, more so than the Lithium ones, nevertheless had a somewhat low energy density. That's why Lithium replaced them.

Another advantage of the Nicads: there was no need for BMS. The equalization was done from the top "by puffing water".

you will find information here: http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_CATHI_FA ... l#20072012

OK, thanks, I didn't know that.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/12/22, 14:27

With the batteries, nowadays 400 km is playable, and 000, with those that are starting to come out.

Miles are one thing, but even batteries rated for 800 miles are unlikely to last more than 000 years.

We can hope for more, on the real life of the car, to “use” the battery a little, with the V2H, and the car “a generator on wheels”, at home.

What I find quite unfortunate is, for example, the battery of a Zoé ZE50, 52 kWh, for sale in total, was billed at 7-8000€, if you did not want a rental on the battery.

In solar, go find a 50 kWh battery for 8000 €....

The batteries are still quite heavy, unfortunately.

With the kona, I have 64 kWh of battery.

Imagine, that 24 kWh would be fixed, and that there would be 2 modules of 20 kWh that you can leave at home, when you are not making a long trip, and connect everything to solar panels, and to batteries, for cut-off of juice, no purchase from EDF, or very little, etc....

The price would necessarily increase with these boxes, these supports, and the risk of poor contact to be made reliable, but the battery could be used for different purposes, and if we normalize everything, well, it's a jackpot!

Currently, for weight issues, above 5 kWh, it's not very easy to handle.
And, the industrialists, financial group, "oil company", are not ready to let it go...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/22, 14:40

sicetaitsimple wrote:OK, thanks, I didn't know that.
finally a reasonable answer : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/12/22, 15:52

Except that... Remundo's "it was easy to change a battery".... Wasn't reasonable at all... Already the batteries were untraceable, very expensive, and no, it couldn't be changed like the battery wonder 4.5v of the lamp of the same name...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/12/22, 15:58

Macro wrote:Except that... Remundo's "it was easy to change a battery".... Wasn't reasonable at all... Already the batteries were untraceable, very expensive, and no, it couldn't be changed like the battery wonder 4.5v of the lamp of the same name...

As long as it doesn't explode! It was on your 106, I think? But you still found compatible batteries quite easily 5 years ago, now, no.

That's why many are switching to lithium ... because electronics are not too complicated compared to now.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."