Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 20:58

phil59 wrote:But the difference is that with an EV, with a little panel, you have a little "free" energy....

I really like this association, because in fact PV and VE are developing in parallel, even if PV is a long way ahead today.
Not necessarily on the association of PV production and an electric vehicle under the same roof, which indeed makes sense but is not obvious if you are going to work with your car! But it's a good solution when possible.
But in a PV+EV mix distributed everywhere, at home, at work, in public spaces, commercial spaces, and everything in between. With still a large production of PV in large power plants on several tens of hectares connected to the network, do not dream either!

And you will still have to think about what happens in winter, because EVs will continue to consume, however, the PV will be very weak.....
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 20:59

Not being able to charge at home is a deal breaker, in my opinion.

The CCS charging option can allow a few runs, charging at 22 kW in DC, for troubleshooting.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/12/22, 21:46

Here, a guy with a sax from 2001, has done more than 200 km with his car.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/12/22, 21:50

phil59 wrote:Here, a guy with a sax from 2001, has done more than 200 km with his car.

Without changing batteries?
Please put the link to your source when you relay information like this, it will avoid unnecessary questions and all those who are interested will have the original information.
Last edited by sicetaitsimple the 19 / 12 / 22, 21: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/12/22, 21:58

- put into circulation in 2001: gendarmerie vehicle. Little used

- 2012: change of batteries at 20 km because they were too connected and little used. Sold to an individual

- purchase of the car in 2018: batteries with 97000 km on the clock, i.e. 77000 km of use

- change of some batteries due to my inexperience…

- installation of individual battery monitoring: it really changes everything!!

- design of the fast charger by Chevreuse: openness to long journeys for my sax: my record 540 kms

- 2021: beginning of the change as they died of old age of all the batteries of 2012. The most enduring had 170 km!!

- 2022: all the batteries are renewed and normally I have peace of mind for the years to come

Engine level, apart from one or two changes of coal RAS

Electronic level: RAS

A renovation of the rear axle done and to be done again next year because the wheels lean again

Change of front hub bearings planned for this month because it has been purring unpleasantly for 5 months

Replacement of the radiator fan because it had rusted from a diesel clio fan. This one spins much faster than the old one and cools much better

In projects:

- installation of a homemade terminal to charge during off-peak hours plus a T2 base for fast charging (I have three-phase)

- make a challenge: drive for 24 hours non-stop to see how many kms you can reach

- challenge 2: travel 1000 km and see how long it takes
1 x

Remundo

by Remundo » 19/12/22, 21:59

it is possible in Nickel Cadmium.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/12/22, 22:08

Remundo wrote:it is possible in Nickel Cadmium.

I do not understand what you mean? It's possible because you can easily change them, or it's possible because they last longer, or it's possible because...other things?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/12/22, 22:30

A battery like this is not super efficient, but 20 years, could hold them, with good maintenance.

Good watering, etc, and easily changeable.
1 x

Remundo

by Remundo » 19/12/22, 23:00

yes, well-maintained Nickel Cadmium can last 200 km.

On the other hand on the PSA Nicad generation, it was quite easy to change a faulty battery.

The very robust Nicads, more so than the Lithium ones, nevertheless had a somewhat low energy density. That's why Lithium replaced them.

Another advantage of the Nicads: there was no need for BMS. The equalization was done from the top "by puffing water".

you will find information here: http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_CATHI_FA ... l#20072012
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/12/22, 08:37

and to run a few EVs, people are asked to save electricity. What will happen when these EVs are in the millions? (in theory only) :( : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."