Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Janic » 21/11/22, 08:09

About 10 cents per kWh.
for the moment, by putting an artificial price so as not to rush the fans of cheap recharge[*] too much, while waiting for its alignment with its real price...which is already starting!

[*] political choice, not economic!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 10:19

It's not artificial, at the same terminal, 1 month rather, not the same hours, roughly the same energy consumed...

load 10092022b.jpg
charge 10092022b.jpg (35.25 KiB) Viewed 499 times

Like I said, it's going to make people talk!

When we talk about something we don't know, we don't see everything!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/11/22, 13:18

When we talk about something we don't know, we don't see everything!
when you only look at your navel, you do not see the reality of the surrounding world.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 13:59

phil59 wrote:About 10 cents per kWh.
When you sleep there, you have time....

Indeed, it is not expensive... Out of curiosity, the terminal is a "public" terminal, or installed in a shopping center, or a hotel, other?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 15:48

Inexpensive, yes, and no, everything will depend on your vehicle, the time, the charge card you are going to take!

Public terminals, in front of the post office, when I put my car in I was, and when I took it back, there was a Tesla nearby charging.

This is the why and how of the sometimes "wacky" prices that we can have....

load post.JPG
charge poste.JPG (56.33 KiB) Viewed 444 times

vitry terminal post.jpg
vitry terminal poste.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 444 times

price place vitry.JPG
tariff place vitry.JPG (50.71 KiB) Consulted 444 times

vitry fresm.JPG
vitry fresm.JPG (65.47 KiB) Viewed 444 times

Chargemap, rate per minute, after a minimum amount, and the other per kWh, fairer, but more expensive for this case!

It's a city with a lot of terminals....

vitry terminals.JPG
vitry terminals.JPG (71.73 KiB) Viewed 440 times
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 16:25

Indeed, not easy to find!
I imagine that all this should gradually normalize, right? In particular on the side of the "public" terminals, initially installed with the subsidies of the municipalities, which will certainly be "returned" to a private commercial exploitation in the long term.

Edit: "normalize" at comparable load performance, of course. A terminal charging at 100kW will certainly always be more expensive per kWh than one at 10kW. The service is not the same.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 17:23

Normalize? I've known this for years!

And again, now, the terminals are able to take several cards, but before this was not the case. With some you can have a mobile application.

But the organizations are private....

Once, where I work, I contacted chargemap, "to give them" our 8 charging stations....

But chargemap doesn't take care of that...

Now, we are starting to have payments per kWh, instead of minutes, or some, it's time, and per kWh....

When we had installed the terminals, between a 22 kW AC terminal, and the same in 22 DC, there is almost a ratio of 10 in price.

It is normal that a 100 kW terminal is more expensive than a 10, especially when going from AC to DC.

I'm not talking to you about the 350 kW terminals .... and the infrastructure behind them.

Why do we go to the most expensive of terminals sometimes? to be 99,99% sure of being able to charge, when required, on the road.
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 17:52

If I understand correctly, it's still a bit of a jungle!

But have no doubt, at one time or another there will be a concentration of the sector, the "small" or the "lame ducks" disappearing or being taken over by "the big ones" who will impose an almost unique pricing system.

Do you see big differences between gasoline/diesel prices according to service stations? Well, it will be the same, once again with identical service (recharging power).
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 18:31

If it's only on the same terminal, I'm going to speak for 15 kWh, because for an ion, you won't put much more than that in it.

With the kona, it's 1.65€ + (30*.037) approximately during the day ----- > 2.76€ (load at 11 kW max)
With a zoé, less than an hour charge in 22 kW ------> 1.65€
With an ion, charge in 3.5 kW 1.65 + (4*60*.037) ------> 10.53€

So easy?
0 x

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/11/22, 18:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Do you see big differences between gasoline/diesel prices according to service stations? .

Not so long ago...Total was almost 20 ct per liter cheaper than the others....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."