Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 10:08

For the zoes

Here is a battery buyback table, taken from forum Zoe.
Indicative price, actual given by the locabat.

battery price.jpg
prix Batterie.jpg (263.68 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

I would tell you to ride a few months in battery rental, and after, if you ride a lot, to buy it back ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 10:45

The triplets: Czero or C0, citroën; ion, Peugeot; Imiev, Mitsubishi.

There I know much better, I ride every day with an ion, for 8-9 years ...

We called them triplets, it's the same base.

They were released in 2011.

The first versions were 16 kWh of battery, and from 2014, it seems to me, 14.5 kWh.

For a good year, they have not been produced, in any case, for France.

At the time, I was impatiently awaiting a sorite with more drums.

And on the contrary, for Japan, they released it in 12 kWh.

The triplet, even if it was initially given for a hyper optimistic 160 km of autonomy, we were more towards the real 100 km in summer, and 70-80 in winter.

Fast charging is also only in chademo, 50 kW. With, on a fast terminal, I went from 20% to 80% in 15 minutes, from 20 to 60% in 5-6 minutes.
On the other hand, to go from 80 to 95%, you could easily count 25 minutes.

Nice little car, an amazing turning radius, parks everywhere, 4 places, folding rear seats 1 and 1.

Mine is around 115 km, and has lost a little less than 000% of range.

FROM 2015 to 2018, my wife had one too. 59 km in 200 years.

To say that we already knew the car well, and 100 km of autonomy was not scary.
We knew his limits.

With this car, we have already done 400km several times in the same day.
BUT chademo terminals to charge quickly, and on the T2 sockets, with an adapter, charges at best in 3.5 kW, about 5 hours .... the on-board charger takes only 3.5 kW ...

On the other hand, we still had to have a thermal, because there was a big lack of autonomy, for a long trip, on the one hand, but that could have been compensated by a large number of charging stations, but the chademo is practically dead (in Europe) ....

Standard blue tooth car radio, air conditioning, but .... no clock, no exterior tp. the clock is a real lack, small detail ...

Cars that keep pretty well, 65 hp, but electric, so as if you had more than 100 ...
Fairly known failures now, it is the internal charger, that is to say 3500 € of repair by going to the concession, or less than 10 € if one repairs oneself ....

So much for the triplets ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/07/21, 12:00

izentrop wrote:An interesting article which joins the experience of Phil59 https://www.clubic.com/transport-electr ... eries.html
Between 1000 and 1500 cycles, depending on whether the charge is full or partial.

Thank you for the article, which seems to me very complete and at least partially answers my questions.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 13:30

The larger the battery, the fewer full cycles it will cycle.

A battery may very well have been "pampered", and have had little cycle, but if a cell is faulty, the car can stop, even at 10% of autonomy.

Hence the importance of consulting the state of the cells at low load, or the faults will be clearly visible ... at 50% load, we will not necessarily see.
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/07/21, 13:40

phil59 wrote:Hence the importance of consult cell status at low load, or faults will be clearly visible ...

That is to say? Is it an "on-board" diagnosis, or do you have to go to the garage?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 13:46

LA spring, dacia, released very recently, and often available on order for November 2021.

Battery of the order of minus 30 kWh, approximately 200 km of autonomy.

Load on T2 socket, max less than 7 kW, on a single phase.

Existing option with CCS socket, charging possible up to 30 kW.

Starting price, with different bonuses, around € 13 (to be verified).

Nice car, but it will remain difficult to make long journeys with it. CCS terminals are relatively rare, and the original charge at 7 kW, will take about 4 hours to charge to 80% ....

You do about 150 km, you stay where you are, and you refuel, 3 hours mini, 5 hours maximum, while you are walking, in T2.

It will take about 1 hour to charge to 80% on a CCS outlet.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 13:59

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:Hence the importance of consult cell status at low load, or faults will be clearly visible ...

That is to say? Is it an "on-board" diagnosis, or do you have to go to the garage?

No, we can do it alone. By plugging into the ODB socket, and a specific "free" software that you will install on your Android phone, very little available on the apple.

There are also paid programs, which will be installed on a computer ....

Here, I have pb to add photos, I will see this evening ...
0 x

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/07/21, 18:00

phil59 wrote:I see that we are documenting ourselves well! so much the better.

A priori the cells of my ion are expected up to 5000 cycles, it seems to me, the one before, it was 1000 ....
Interesting : Wink:
With autonomy of 50 kWh of battery, and journeys of 50 km daily, the car could serve as a buffer, with a minimum subscription of 3 kW to "EDF".

The pb, is that zoe, and Europe, killed the "chademo", fast leaf loading, for example, which was bi-directional.

How easy it would be to do that directly ... V2H ...

But, instead, the Germans first, it seems to me, put the combo on the market ...

It seems to me that here someone had published an article on this, but we still had to wait a few years ...

Currently, we will have to "tinker" with your car, to get there.
It seems feasible to me if the + and - terminals of the battery are accessible, connected to an inverter whose input voltage is compatible with EV batteries.

What is the nominal voltage of these EV batteries?

It seems to me that you recharge with your PVs, directly in direct current or through an inverter?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/07/21, 18:11

phil59 wrote:A priori the cells of my ion are expected up to 5000 cycles, it seems to me, the one before, it was 1000 ....

On average, car manufacturers advertise a battery life of around 1 charge cycles. Please note, this is not the number of times you charge your vehicle. By definition, a charge cycle means your battery goes from 250% to 0% charge. However, most of the times you recharge your battery, it is not completely empty. It is also a good habit to take to extend the range of your electric vehicle. In concrete terms, you can therefore charge your vehicle much more than 100 times.
https://izi-by-edf.fr/blog/voiture-elec ... duree-vie/
Thus, it is preferable to measure the life of an electric car battery by its charge cycle. Luckily, we have theoretical data since on average the service life is between 1 and 000 charge cycles.
https://www.caroom.fr/guide/voiture-pro ... ree-de-vie

Battery life is not related to kilometers driven, but to charge / discharge cycles. Thus, the average longevity of a battery is 1 to 000 recharge cycles. This equates to approximately 1 to 500 km, depending on the use of the car. For a vehicle traveling 200 km per year, the battery can therefore last between 000 and 500 years (According to Renault).
https://particulier.edf.fr/fr/accueil/g ... rique.html

5000 cycles "a priori"? Ah ...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 20:23

izentrop wrote:
phil59 wrote:] It seems feasible to me if the + and - terminals of the battery are accessible, connected to an inverter whose input voltage is compatible with EV batteries.

What is the nominal voltage of these EV batteries?

It seems to me that you recharge with your PVs, directly in direct current or through an inverter?

So, some plugs into the 12V of the accessory battery, but we are quickly limited by the converter like 400V (head 360V I would say) to 12V.

Above 1500W continuously, it is generally more worthwhile.

On the other hand, this element is not intended to give over long periods as much. But in the event of a power cut, it can help! In addition, it is also necessary to tweak a system so that the car does not go to sleep, and stops recharging the 12V battery.
I will put a link, thereafter, of a person, on a zoe, which has a montage of this kind.

The ideal would be to be able to reach 400V from the traction batteries, and to have a 400V DC converter to 220-240 V AC.

It's a big investment! A big DIY, which requires touching voltages, above 50V, which can be fatal.
So be careful !!!!

No, I am not charging from panels, I have a few panels, just to cover up the "background noise" of the house.

Reloading only with panels is a little complicated.

Below about 1500W, the car load will not start, and will stop, unless you have a very large installation.
The fact of charging, stopping, charging, etc., it's a bit like with an iron bar that we would bend ... It will eventually break, and the components are a bit the same, on a longer term ....

I haven't said it yet, but charging at 6A consumes a lot more to put the same amount in the battery.

At 10A, 2000W approximately, it is limit, from 7000W, we have a good efficiency ... a zoé in load at 22 kW has an excellent efficiency, very little loss.

I still can not add photos, I will restart the pc ....
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."