Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/07/22, 23:57

Christophe wrote:wrong topic, no?

And casting.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/22, 00:27

Yes the Force is rather Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi…
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/07/22, 22:08

So, I confirm, drowned in all the off-topic, that if you don't have a socket at home, to charge, it's tiresome, even 250m from going to connect to an outside terminal. I just did yesterday and today night, and it's not cool.

So the terminals must be at the foot of the building in town, or 100m at most.
Otherwise, the VE could become a chore!

It's not even a question of cost, here it comes to me at 21 cents per kWh, a little more expensive than at home, but still quite reasonable, well under 3€ per 100 km.

So no 22 kW terminals at the foot of the apartment, but 7 at the max, history, that you go home in the evening, you plug in, and you resume the next morning. 3.5 might be fine.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/07/22, 13:16

A 7kw terminal per parking space, in a residence of 30 apartments .... You will need a hell of a network to supply them when everyone is going to park their car at 19 p.m. and turn on the oven and the induction hob to prepare the meal evening....

When I remember how it was at home with my 106 which alone pumped 14 amps on one phase of my 9Kw meter (15 A available per phase) I had to juggle with the other consumers that I was running in HC ... The washing machine on another and the water heater (three-phase) on 2 phases instead of 3 ... With the Czero in 10A it goes much better, its energy storage unit is much more efficient than that of the 106 ... consumption at the outlet is around 30% less for the same service
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/07/22, 15:35

You know well macro, that with a triplet, by loading one 8A, in 8H max, one refueled for 100 km!

So why not, depending on the availability of the places, loads at different prices, for departures at different times, different load powers, etc.?

With all the bullshit I hear here, some +- justified, for fear, we are not close to having 30 VE for 30 apartments!

With 10 maxis in 5 years, it will be the end of the world!

Edit:

ME I !
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/07/22, 16:51

100km a triplet : Cheesy: : Cheesy: If the last 20 are downhill yes....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/07/22, 17:14

More with mine, with its 10 years and 120-130 thousand km, but when it was young, yes, without pb, in the summer ...

Already done 2 return trips of at least 400 km with, in August, a beautiful day....

Now it's closer to 80, and I bet on 65, in winter .... so as not to have any surprises, and it's more complicated now for us, because with kona, the limits, we no longer know .... at 20% remaining battery, you have the autonomy of a triplet ...

Reaching less than 100 km of autonomy, makes us "all funny", whereas before arriving with 10 km remaining, was usual, and we were cash!
0 x

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/07/22, 17:20

mine has never shown me more than 96 km of autonomy... and it has much less km than yours but hey it does its job every day...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/07/22, 17:43

phil59 wrote:So why not, depending on the availability of the places, loads at different prices, for departures at different times, different load powers, etc.?

I don't really believe it, but I could be wrong.

As you say, the ideal situation is a detached house with a garage or a parking space, equipped with an outlet.
Then I imagine that more and more condominiums, with parking spaces or boxes, will be equipped.
I think workplace charging, where possible of course, will grow steadily. It doesn't cost the employer very much and it improves relations. It can even be a company objective, to reduce the carbon footprint of its employees by encouraging them to go electric.

There remains the case of people who have neither a parking space nor the possibility of recharging at the workplace. In this case I think the realistic solution is the high-power charging station, with reduced-price subscription formulas for regular users. The equivalent of the current gas station, but longer.

The terminal of a few kW on the public highway, frankly I do not see a future for it.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/07/22, 23:04

sicetaitsimple wrote:[
There remains the case of people who have neither a parking space nor the possibility of recharging at the workplace. In this case I think the realistic solution is the high-power charging station, with reduced-price subscription formulas for regular users. The equivalent of the current gas station, but longer.

The terminal of a few kW on the public highway, frankly I do not see a future for it.

That's not my opinion at all....
I absolutely do not cry there.
Most of the time I charge at home. (much more time at home, but currently, probably as much power outside, with my average of 4000 km/month.

But when in WE, non-WE, on vacation, either during your shopping, you have a high power terminal, and you take advantage of it, during shopping, or you charge at a slower speed, like 11 kW when you are on a place , when it's reasonable, by taking the right charging card, or when you're at your drop-off point, you'll charge at a very close terminal.

But when you do 200 km every day or so, you charge, practically every day, and I wanted to test.

The problem is not to drop off the car, 250m away, but to pick it up afterwards. If you can leave it overnight, it's perfect, even if it's low power.

So many terminals, with little power ...
At work, it's a temporary solution.

Do you ride on WE, or have you already driven at least a week, only charging at home, and a week outside with the obligation to charge outside ....
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."