Electric cars soon to be banned in parking lots?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Electric cars soon to be banned in parking lots?

by A.D. 44 » 10/07/21, 00:04

Does the risk of "spontaneous" fire also apply to all other devices containing a lithium battery ?????????
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/07/21, 00:15

AD 44 wrote:Does the risk of "spontaneous" fire also apply to all other devices containing a lithium battery ?????????

Yes.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 10/07/21, 07:17

From the phone, to DIY tools, including computers, bikes, dslr and other devices ... so!

Do we know if certain "lithium" technologies are more prone to this phenomenon?

Are it the lithium elements themselves which start the fire or is it caused by other peripherals (bms ... etc) then maintained and powered by the battery itself afterwards?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 10/07/21, 10:38

Remundo wrote:...

and to do this, it is forced to store a large amount of energy in a small volume. If this energy is released in an uncontrolled manner, every car is a little bomb in power, or minima an incendiary device.

here.

Hello,

Theoretically, in an EV there is less energy stored than in a thermal vehicle (80kWh in a Tesla is equivalent to 8 liters of gasoline).
But it can be released without oxidizer, hence the difficulty in extinguishing the fire.
1 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 10/07/21, 11:22

AD 44 wrote:From the phone, to DIY tools, including computers, bikes, dslr and other devices ... so!

Do we know if certain "lithium" technologies are more prone to this phenomenon?

Are it the lithium elements themselves which start the fire or is it caused by other peripherals (bms ... etc) then maintained and powered by the battery itself afterwards?

I'm as curious as you are to know the answer.

One of the influencing factors is the voltage, a continuous 96V arc is very violent, while with 3V it is insignificant.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/07/21, 14:57

Another Buzz Effect?

There is a journalist who wants to do a report on EVs, and charge points.

For this, it will take as an example, an EV with a small charging capacity, and few existing fast charging station.
And of course a 500 km trip, a C0 or an ion.

At least, we are sure that at 99%, this trip will be a failure, and we can say that an EV is not suitable for a long trip ....

But, doing a report, let's show that it is feasible, will interest only a few of my, while the reverse, yes.

The risk 0 does not exist, as long as there is a little "energy" ... just the kerosene lamps, we caused a lot of fires ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: