My vegetable garden at 54

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: My vegetable garden at 54

by Did67 » 29/06/21, 16:28

I can see here and there what seems to me to be settaria: it is an extremely prolific "pain in the ass" and very difficult to pull out in dry soil ... I am hunting ... At the moment, with the soils wet, it is easily torn off. It's hard to escape it: we usually catch it in the buckets we buy or exchange ...

For recognition, see penultimate page in: http://itab.asso.fr/downloads/desherb-m ... _6_ete.pdf
0 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 29/06/21, 16:35

Did67 wrote:I can see here and there what seems to me to be settaria: it is an extremely prolific "pain in the ass" and very difficult to pull out in dry soil ... I am hunting ... At the moment, with the soils wet, it is easily torn off. It's hard to escape it: we usually catch it in the buckets we buy or exchange ...

For recognition, see penultimate page in: http://itab.asso.fr/downloads/desherb-m ... _6_ete.pdf

Ah thank you Didier, I haven't seen this one, not much hairy : Cheesy: more seriously you see her on which photos?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/06/21, 18:06

At the foot, to the left (in the direction of the photo) of your zucchini. It seems to me.

[There are different kinds of settaria - but they are also "boring" - let's say invasive]
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/06/21, 21:10

Jardinierdu54 wrote:Hello everybody
otherwise for watering the greenhouse my earthen pots (Oyas style) are satisfactory (1 watering per week plus a few drops by drops)
just out of curiosity, to validate your oyas, would you be willing to remove the drip and rely only on them?
because to say that they work well while using in addition another source of water does not allow to conclude, because it is perhaps your drip drops which work very well and your oyas which are just beautiful in the decoration

sees no intention of arguing about the use of yoas, just to be sure that to say that a factor is involved, you only have to vary one, there you have 2 watering systems
Last edited by Moindreffor the 29 / 06 / 21, 21: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 29/06/21, 21:16

Did67 wrote:At the foot, to the left (in the direction of the photo) of your zucchini. It seems to me.

[There are different kinds of settaria - but they are also "boring" - let's say invasive]

Thank you Didier, I just took it off this afternoon : Wink:
0 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 29/06/21, 21:26

Moindreffor wrote:
otherwise for watering the greenhouse my earthen pots (Oyas style) are satisfactory (1 watering per week plus a few drops by drops)
just out of curiosity, to validate your oyas, would you be ready to remove the drip to rely only on them?
because to say that they work well while using in addition another source of water does not allow to conclude, because it is perhaps your drip drops which work very well and your oyas which are just beautiful in the decoration

sees no intention of arguing about the use of yoas, just to be sure that to say that a factor is involved, you only have to vary one, there you have 2 watering systems

This is not wrong after the drip is just used on Friday as a simple supplement but not a large amount (about 15 liters for 4 pipes), I fill my oyas every Monday, I will reason otherwise when I remove my pots in fall I would see if the roots are around the pots, right?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/06/21, 21:37

Jardinierdu54 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
just out of curiosity, to validate your oyas, would you be ready to remove the drip to rely only on them?

This is not wrong after the drip is just used on Friday as a simple supplement but not a large amount (about 15 liters for 4 pipes), I fill my oyas every Monday, I will reason otherwise when I remove my pots in fall I would see if the roots are around the pots, right?

it's just that in my house it rains a little from time to time so I don't water at all, and your oyas are deep, so a rain will wet the surface and therefore give your plants what they need , even in a greenhouse the water will go from the outside to the inside by capillary action, so your oyas may empty themselves without any benefit for your plants, by watering the soil in depth

to observe if there is a significant density of roots around your oyas is a good reaction, it is something which will be instructive, that interests me
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 29/06/21, 21:55

Moindreffor wrote:
Jardinierdu54 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:just out of curiosity, to validate your oyas, would you be ready to remove the drip to rely only on them?

it's just that in my house it rains a little from time to time so I don't water at all, and your oyas are deep, so a rain will wet the surface and therefore give your plants what they need , even in a greenhouse the water will go from the outside to the inside by capillary action, so your oyas may empty themselves without any benefit for your plants, by watering the soil in depth

to observe if there is a significant density of roots around your oyas is a good reaction, it is something which will be instructive, that interests me

Then I confirm and I was rather surprised in case of heavy rain indeed the leaves of my tomatoes are wet, well it may not be necessary that it lasts too long otherwise I fear diseases. Worry free result in autumn : Wink:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/06/21, 23:25

1 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 29/06/21, 23:49