My vegetable garden at 54

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My vegetable garden at 54

by Moindreffor » 11/05/21, 21:09

Biobombe wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I have the thermal probe and the arduino,

you forgot the anemometer which will allow you to close the cover in case of strong wind, right?

do not exaggerate, the gales weather in France forecast them, so no need to automate
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/05/21, 21:11

Did67 wrote:
Biobombe wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I have the thermal probe and the arduino,

you forgot the anemometer which will allow you to close the cover in case of strong wind, right?

Ah yes. I did not think about it.

But indeed, with an Arduino, we must be able to manage all these "if this" "if that" ...

yes we can but is it really useful? except to have to be absent for several days, but then it would also be necessary to automate the watering, and so there we push the cap further and further
1 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 12/05/21, 09:41

Moindreffor wrote:yes we can but is it really useful? except to have to be absent for several days, but then it would also be necessary to automate the watering, and so there we push the cap further and further

As for overheating, a day is enough! In the morning, gray weather. You're leaving, it's closed. At noon, full sun. In the evening you come home, it's toast ... Even confined, this year, I came close to the "catamaran" once or twice - just because I was tinkering and didn't pay attention to the heat of the sun ...
0 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 12/05/21, 15:48

Potato put in my hay board, I still have room I thought to put green beans is I doing the same process as the potato? I spread the hay, I put my grain and I put the 20 cm of hay on top?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/05/21, 18:00

You can put a little hay, but less ... And it has to be really "ventilated".

I put them in the ground a little, making a hole with a dibble (just the tip).

You go from a plant (tuber) to a seed. The bean is certainly big, but does not have the same capacity to "pierce", not as many reserves ... Beans and peas, or broad beans, are the few exceptions of seeds that can cover A LITTLE .. .
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 12/05/21, 20:22

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:yes we can but is it really useful? except to have to be absent for several days, but then it would also be necessary to automate the watering, and so there we push the cap further and further

As for overheating, a day is enough! In the morning, gray weather. You're leaving, it's closed. At noon, full sun. In the evening you come home, it's toast ... Even confined, this year, I came close to the "catamaran" once or twice - just because I was tinkering and didn't pay attention to the heat of the sun ...

indeed there it goes very quickly, therefore an opening automation, or shading, my son has just bought a small motor remotely controlled by telephone to open or close a blind, it is also a solution
0 x
(of me)
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 12/05/21, 20:46

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:

indeed there it goes very quickly, therefore an opening automation, or shading, my son has just bought a small motor remotely controlled by telephone to open or close a blind, it is also a solution

It's about the vegetable garden of the lazy 3.0 : Wink: it reminds me of a report on a greenhouse house with huge windows that opened according to the temperature that was dreaming for me : Cheesy:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/05/21, 12:08

Jardinierdu54 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:

It's about the vegetable garden of the lazy 3.0 : Wink: it reminds me of a report on a greenhouse house with huge windows that opened according to the temperature that was dreaming for me : Cheesy:

what technology offers today opens up still unknown possibilities, before to protect yourself from the cold (or the heat) the only solution was the thickness of the walls
now with the double but especially the triple glazing, we can let in the light in summer without overheating the rooms, (or conversely making thermal strainers in winter) it changes a lot of things, the insulators are more purposes, you can completely rethink your way of living and actually living in a greenhouse house, or a greenhouse house, is no longer as utopian as that : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 13/05/21, 14:44

Moindreffor wrote:
Jardinierdu54 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:indeed there it goes very quickly, therefore an opening automation, or shading, my son has just bought a small motor remotely controlled by telephone to open or close a blind, it is also a solution

what technology offers today opens up still unknown possibilities, before to protect yourself from the cold (or the heat) the only solution was the thickness of the walls
now with the double but especially the triple glazing, we can let in the light in summer without overheating the rooms, (or conversely making thermal strainers in winter) it changes a lot of things, the insulators are more purposes, you can completely rethink your way of living and actually living in a greenhouse house, or a greenhouse house, is no longer as utopian as that : Mrgreen:

Well then it's always the price that makes me wince to be lazy and tight-fisted is it compatible? : Cheesy: but it is true that technology gives us hope for great things.
0 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 17/05/21, 12:41

Hello everyone, a little question a good big part of my plants had the first leaves which dry out (zucchini tomatoes in particular) would you have a solution? I suspect a lack of nitrogen. For my future sowing, will I have to change the soil? thank you in advance : Wink:
0 x