Combined wood baby 1130 the motor blows the weights of my electric meter

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: combine wood baby 1130 the motor blows the weights of my electric meter

by pascaldubord » 26/03/21, 20:37

sicetaitsimple wrote:What do you mean by "blow up the pellets"?
Has your general circuit breaker opened?
Or a 30mA differential circuit breaker upstream of your machine?
Or really "leads", or a circuit breaker specific to the power supply of your machine?

A differential
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/03/21, 20:43

pascaldubord wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:What do you mean by "blow up the pellets"?
Has your general circuit breaker opened?
Or a 30mA differential circuit breaker upstream of your machine?
Or really "leads", or a circuit breaker specific to the power supply of your machine?

A differential

A 30 mA upstream or the differential 500mA of your general circuit breaker?
Say otherwise, your home has been completely cut off or is it only a part protected by a 30mA which has been?
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 26/03/21, 21:03

pascaldubord wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:If it's the weights that jump and not the differential ...

Uh sorry, but it is the differential that jumps! Oops

So it is a leakage current> 30 mA between the phase and the earth (connected to the frame).
Maybe rust that drools and makes contact. The capacitor is also suspect if its case is grounded.
Again an ohmmeter will be useful, but you will have to disconnect to test. Between the points receiving the phase and the earth, we must exceed 100 KΩ. And if there is less than 8 kΩ, the differential jumps.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/03/21, 22:11

a hypothesis like that ...

maybe your live wire is licking the carcass a bit because of the corrosion.

a dangerous solution would be to unplug the ground wire, and see if it turns on without tripping your GFCI.

on the other hand do not touch the motor because you could electrocute yourself.

if the engine is running with the earth cut, you have a casing leak. And that would hardly be surprising given the pitiful appearance of this terminal block.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/03/21, 01:50

Get all that corrosion off us. Act like a pro! As long as it is disassembled will you be an ohmeter ... Have fun and come back to us with the result ... : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/03/21, 04:28

For the method ... (that they correct me) But if you are afraid of making a mistake, here is a little how to do it : Arrowd:

1) Before any intervention, it is imperative to switch everything off / remove the plug (and unload the condo).

2) There is a severe case of oxidation which caused nuts and bolts to fuse with the lugs, you have to get a penetrating agent up to the level, like the CRC (which is one of the cheapest) https://www.conrad.fr/p/degrippant-crc- ... ml-1596967 not take the W40 which provides disappointing results in severe cases (here's why):

(comparison table at 9:55)

There are a lot of videos that give methods to get rid of rusty nuts, you have to go soft.

3) Once the product has been applied, leave to act for 1 hour, add more product and wait 1 / 4h then try to loosen without forcing so as not to break the rod. If it resists, add more penetrating oil, wait a little longer, give very small knocks on the key, and repeat the operation until the rust gives way.

4) It is then necessary to remove by brushing, all traces of rust on each nut rod (go to the metal)

5) get yourself new nuts, (do not put the old ones back, even when they are rusty, because without their coating they will re-start the rust quickly enough on the “diseased” axles)

6) take an auto connection kit with the lugs, and the crimping pliers with the correct crimping method in 2 times like this:

7) It is not necessary to weld, because with the vibrations of the engine, the welds fail.

8} if you are afraid of making a mistake by interchanging the cables: you proceed “electrical terminal / terminal” by “electrical terminal” (you treat only one contact at a time, loosen, remove the corrosion to the metal, replace the 'nut with a new one, replace the terminal with a new one, fix everything again, then go to the next terminal: that way you are sure you cannot go wrong.

9) if the cables are long enough, it is better to start again on a sound basis by also changing the lugs (fixed on the cables) because we can see that your stranded cables have suffered and that the junction may be bad and we see that sometimes only a few strands provide the link (so cut 5mm higher to crimp the new terminal with a full bundle of strands). Changing the terminals with the video method will ensure better contact on “healthy” metal. Or, you have to at least pass the sides of the terminals with sandpaper, remove everything down to the metal (but the junctions with a lot of broken strands, you have to change the terminal.

10) NOTES: Cable missing? + contact to be crimped correctly (ground) it seems dangerous!

03227728-2795-4B69-940D-7BCD9C554A8B.jpeg

Once finished, you must close the cover of this contactor box (replace the cover + gasket or silicone) because the cause of the oxidation is the fact that the cover is missing.

Good luck ! : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/03/21, 05:01

PS! In the photo, the bottom screw that closes the cover seems to have farted, we see oxidation on the axis, it would be well to remove the screw by making a slot in the dremel, unscrew and put a new one!)
0 x
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Combined wood baby 1130 the motor blows the weights of my electric meter

by pascaldubord » 27/03/21, 20:25

As you can see I disassembled it a bit and made sure the bad wires are up to the spool.
I'm afraid I can't change them!
The differential that jumped was that of the photo.
To do a quick test I only handed over a kitten where it was naked. Put a terminal back on the earth wire which was to separate then close and do a test.
Result you were right it works now I have to redo everything with new wires (what kind of wires should I buy) and new terminals of course.
If you have a pipe to change them on the reel, I am the taker.

Thank you very much and thank you again for your help without you I would not have dared to risk it. bravo to you (and to me too) validated first step.
Attachments
20210327_105733.jpg
20210327_144512.jpg
20210327_153228.jpg
20210327_145407.jpg
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/03/21, 21:20

First, very happy that the fault was located.

I wouldn't go and change the cables to the spool, but I would put imperatively top quality electrical insulation on all the stripped parts with sufficient overhang on the sheath (after having thoroughly degreased / cleaned the current cables). It is better not to put “sugars”, because with the vibrations, the connector screws will loosen. But do not try, under any circumstances, to change the cables going up to the spool.

If no other way, ideally cables of the same section (in any case no lower section) and connected to a sugar.

However, you can review the terminal block connections, as explained above.

Good luck again!
1 x
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pascaldubord » 27/03/21, 23:04

Yes I know I'm repeating myself but THANKS THANKS A LOT for your help!
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "