A world without money?

philosophical debates and companies.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A world without money?

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 14:34

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:As you are already going into detail, I must deduce that you are not resistant in your head with the idea of ​​a world without money, in principle already?

it is not a detail, it is a general and fundamental problem illustrated by an example: on what basis do you determine who is entitled to what?

What do you think is fair in general?

ABC2019 wrote:a world without living money like the Paleolithic or basically we have to share prey and not much else, I can imagine.

And why not extend this principle to everything?
see below, via objective feedback on resources and if there is a shortage, a random draw on the distribution, or other modality to be defined.

ABC2019 wrote:a world like ours without money, no I don't imagine how it would work at all
already this world would not be like ours, since ours is shaped by money and money shapes minds which do not know what to think of "money". So no, one cannot imagine if one is too formatted.

ABC2019 wrote: but rather than launching into big discussions, I prefer to take an example; an exotic wood veranda, to whom we give one and what regulates the demand?

A classic at home, I told you, but it doesn't print.
So I detail a little more, these are just my personal ideas, nothing to do with the people in the video, except chance or common sense. : Wink: I do not know at all what they offer, not yet had time ....

One can imagine a site / automaton like "the good corner" which centralizes the requests and centralizes the offers.
if there is enough supply, nothing to say.
if there is too much offer, calmos to the offerors!
if there is a shortage, the info feedback to the bidders is immediate, either they increase the production,
or it is materially impossible and in this case: random drawing of the lucky ones among the applicants.
This is a centralization of knowledge of means and resources, which allows instant "planning", to the best of what is possible.
an insistent shortage that could lead to changes in the means of production.
In fact, just like with money, but without money and with equal treatment for each individual. : Mrgreen:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 14:58

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:As you are already going into detail, I must deduce that you are not resistant in your head with the idea of ​​a world without money, in principle already?

it is not a detail, it is a general and fundamental problem illustrated by an example: on what basis do you determine who is entitled to what?

ABC2019 wrote:a world without living money like the Paleolithic or basically we have to share prey and not much else, I can imagine.

because if there is nothing to be done in order to have the right to consume, no one will tire of working, or at least a lot of people will not deem it useful to do so, and therefore we will each have a lot less.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 18:41

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:it is not a detail, it is a general and fundamental problem illustrated by an example: on what basis do you determine who is entitled to what?

because if there is nothing to be done in order to have the right to consume, no one will tire of working, or at least a lot of people will not deem it useful to do so, and therefore we will each have a lot less.

Finally, it will be degrowth! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
I think that boredom and guilt, or rather the desire to be useful and valued, should overcome this fear.
I hardly work any more in the common sense of the term and yet I do things for the community, I render services, I am paid with the feeling of having helped, of having been useful.
I understand that money is scary and I'm not going to say that it makes me feel good, but it would be so beautiful for the world to work this way.
For now, it works on fear, on the carrot and the stick and we know that it is not sustainable. And even wickedly more durable.
So why not come out on top, with confidence rather than the can and a world without money?
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 18:42

ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote: So on what basis do we make the distribution without money?

None, we let people kill each other to fight effectively against overpopulation.

indeed it seems to me a probable outcome, the law of the strongest ... well no thank you then : Mrgreen:

Why is this not currently the case?
the force being money.
Certainly it is framed but still ...
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 18:45

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:We don't give it to anyone. It is a source of primary forest deforestation. Finished garden furniture, verandas and exotic wood floors.

Ok so the guy in the video isn't very consistent.

What about the cars? the boats ? houses over 200 m2? nobody either?

No. back to prehistory, to the candle and the wooden club. : roll:

Serious or ironic?

I don't see why, apart from the fear that everyone will be doing a 24-hour transatlantic race.
0 x
whatever.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 19:03

eclectron wrote:Serious or ironic?

Look in what context I wrote this, you will have your answer.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/03/21, 20:16

The term civilization implies inequality (which does not mean that it never exists outside this framework). The criteria of inequalities are numerous and most of the time unrelated to money, since its use is recent and even very recent in the form we know. Compared to the other factors of domination, it differs in that it is impersonal and this doubling, since it imposes its constraints without nominal responsibility (these are rules that apply mechanically) and without targeting anyone a priori. This is what makes its strength, since it is always possible to overthrow a tyrant, but not to attack a social organization to which one is supposed to adhere implicitly. Note that Christophe tries to recreate this previous situation by frantically brandishing the concept of "banksters", embellished with : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: , but it is obviously a waste of time, because he is wrong in his analysis.
Many believe that the currency is only trade facilitation, a simple neutral tool; on this second point, I believe that the preceding lines are quite clear; on the second, it is only by a lack of historical perspective that one can support this false evidence: nothing is easier than to exchange disproportionate goods between them, because it is enough that this is the rule general. Thus, what is "unequal" in one direction will be so again in the other (whatever the identity of the swingers, which may vary over time) and over an indeterminate number of operations. The result is, not a perfect equality, but a "floating" equality and especially the optimization of the allocations of resources without accounting! In any case, this is what experience shows, both in contexts outside civilization and also in enclaves of civilization (on the fringes of other much more constrained operations). Of course this supposes the break with an "asocial society" and the restoration of real social relations which no longer take place through an intermediate vector without particular content, in other words that they are no longer mediated by the commodity. (since the concept of commodity disappears).
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/21, 22:02

Uh, it's been a while since I used that word ... apparently it's conspiratorial! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I give the floor to Richard Bohringer

150364220_10224255432123305_7052576373941690335_n.jpg
150364220_10224255432123305_7052576373941690335_n.jpg (148.47 KB) Viewed times 933
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/03/21, 22:48

Ah! Everything is explained! I thought you were softening ... you reassure me. : Wink:
Le R. Bohringer mixes everything up a bit and it is all the same the debt which, far from bringing all peoples * to their knees, irrigates the economy (I am placing myself here from the point of view of the immanent criticism which is that of the one you quote) .

* This is true for the Greeks, but not for many others, especially those who receive repayments, even if they are partial ... On the other hand, chronic debt (yes, there are several types of debt **) secures the ends of the laws of almost everyone in Western Europe.

** I'm not explaining to you, it's very, very technical to simulate the functioning of the production of abstract value with the work that will be done (maybe, but surely not) in a future that is as hypothetical as it is improbable, because already now we can no longer ... : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 03/03/21, 22:57

eclectron wrote:For the next world, a world without money?
The video ends on the project https://www.mocica.org that I haven't watched yet
Listening to him, I feel less alone.

A sweet dreamer for now, a potential guru who can go wrong in the future.
0 x