Window insulation problem

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Window insulation problem

by izentrop » 16/12/20, 01:13

The adhesive films that stick to the glass do not insulate anything. Opaque or decorated, they reduce the heat of the sun inside.
For thermal insulation, you need a non-ventilated air space, waterproof as specified by obamot.

Either a film or a plexiglass glued with a double face on each window frame.
itself transparent polycarbonate honeycomb plate, but it is not very aesthetic.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Window insulation problem

by Obamot » 16/12/20, 01:49

Oh no, the film must not be adhesive, I confirm 100% what Izentrop says.

Nothing should be stuck on the glass, glass is a heavy material and there would be no gain to measure with a film stuck on it.

What insulates is the air (or the blade of air trapped against the window). Because the lighter a material, the better it insulates. And the lightest material is air (I don't say that for Izentrop, he knows it and explains it well.) This explains why the waterproofing of the window and the awning box IS ESSENTIAL.

I just saw that my solution existed in the trade, but less well, because the florist's cellophane is thicker, more transparent and more resistant (2 years, but the bodybuilder's tape must be changed every year before it is fuse or harden)

In addition, the video presents an assembly defect since there is a day between the rising double-sided tape and the one at the top of the window : Shock: Then the double-sided leaves a deposit which can take hours to clean, while the bodybuilder's tape will ensure a seal all around and does not leave a deposit even after a year. Here is the video (better than a long speech:

The fohn's idea of ​​stretching the film is appealing, but is useless with a sheet of cellophane that is easily stretched in the hand. Using a fetus for cellophane distorts it and it's ruined.
0 x