Why does homeopathy scare big pharma?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why does homeopathy scare big pharma?

by Janic » 08/12/20, 07:44

You who claim that homeopathy would not work:
1) on which main book were you inspired to say so?
He will not answer you, although he has claimed to do so on demand. It's a snake! : Cheesy: :(
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 08:14

Obamot wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:for something other than its placebo effect

it's okay Laurel and Hardy are you having fun doing your sketches?

What would be, if not having correctly described the placebo effect when you had to do it, would amount to burlesque?

how are you an authority on the matter to declare that?
You who claim that homeopathy would not work:
2) personally I would not recommend it to you but if we took the most powerful deadly poison that can exist, would you accept to take it in homeopathic dilution since you affirm that it would do absolutely nothing to you?

the main argument is that those who defend it are totally incapable either of making the simplest calculations (like what gives a dilution by 15 CH), or of giving a serious reference on a study demonstrating its effectiveness.
There are hundreds of books against homeopathy, but this argument is more than enough! if you speak german, you can consult what a former repentant homeopathic doctor said: https://www.natalie-grams.de

Note that she never says she had any serious scientific credentials in her homeopathic period, she just says that she believed in some sort of magical action and came back from it: so it's very different from a scientific evolution where you would adopt a new theory in the face of new facts, but having been just as scientific before with the old known facts.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 08:20

ABC2019 wrote:2) personally I would not recommend it to you but if we took the most powerful deadly poison that can exist, would you accept to take it in homeopathic dilution since you affirm that it would do absolutely nothing to you?

without any problem, I would like to point out to you that most drugs are poisons at higher doses.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/12/20, 08:52

ABC2019 wrote:
Obamot wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
it's okay Laurel and Hardy are you having fun doing your sketches?

What if not having correctly described the placebo effect when you had to do it, would be burlesque?

I am not declaring anything. You did it by yourself, on your own, and what you said does not correspond to the current state of knowledge in this area. (You had aligned yourself with the incomplete definition of wikipedia) Yet you claim “that the placebo effect would be the only angle from which homeopathy can be approached, ”Except that the definition you have chosen is wrong and you deliberately refuse to enter into the debate since current knowledge would contradict your spiel.

ABC2019 wrote:
Obamot wrote:You who claim that homeopathy would not work:
2) personally I would not recommend it to you but if we took the most powerful deadly poison that can exist, would you accept to take it in homeopathic dilution since you affirm that it would do absolutely nothing to you?

the main argument is that those who defend it are totally incapable either of making the simplest calculations (like what gives a dilution by 15 CH), or of giving a serious reference on a study demonstrating its effectiveness.

When someone like you claims to regrow an arm with vegetable juice, it can't be taken seriously!
We are wary ... It can be understood ... (Also I would ask you not to ask me for details on a subject that is not my responsibility, I have irrefutable elements, but I do not hear debate or defend it in the face of crazy type comments.

ABC2019 wrote: There are hundreds of books against homeopathy, but this argument is more than enough

I suspected that you would not cite any book, since you have not studied this subject, which is a form of admission of ignorance ... That then you take a source which is not authoritative, that is is a logical continuation of the burlesque.

ABC2019 wrote: Note that she never says she had any serious scientific credentials in her homeopathic period, she just says that she believed in some sort of magical action and came back from it: so it's very different from a scientific evolution where you would adopt a new theory in the face of new facts, but having been just as scientific before with the old known facts.

And these are the type of sources that you consider serious for building a debate in confidence :!: no but frankly! : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 08 / 12 / 20, 09: 04, 2 edited once.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 08:54

Obamot wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
Obamot wrote:What if not having correctly described the placebo effect when you had to do it, would be burlesque?

I am not declaring anything. You did it by yourself, on your own, and what you said does not correspond to the current state of knowledge in this area.

well if that's a statement you're making, learn French again. In what way are you a reliable authority concerning "the current state of knowledge in this field", to know what is in conformity with it or not, Mr 0,04%?
0 x

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 09:00

Obamot wrote:[
I suspected that you would not cite any book, since you have not studied this subject, which is a form of admission of ignorance ... That then you take a source which is not authoritative, that is is a logical continuation of the burlesque.

you studied H. what book are you on?
ABC2019 wrote: Note that she never says she had any serious scientific credentials in her homeopathic period, she just says that she believed in some sort of magical action and came back from it: so it's very different from a scientific evolution where you would adopt a new theory in the face of new facts, but having been just as scientific before with the old known facts.

And these are the type of sources that you consider serious for building a debate in confidence :!: no but frankly! : Mrgreen:

a confidence debate is one where everyone cites their sources, and then we compare. I quoted you, it's up to you to give yours.

Here is another one from me:

https://edzardernst.com/

The last post is not lacking in salt; three recent studies in psychology demonstrate a correlation between belief in healing energies, mindfulness, meditation, and feelings of superiority and narcissism. This is explained quite well, if you do not want to be contradicted, you have to believe in things whose validity we dispute the scientific method to verify, like that, there is no risk of being wrong.
0 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/12/20, 09:10

You mix everything.
We really feel the words of the initiate to vegetable juice making the arms grow back! Read me well. : Cheesy:
I have more to ... than trying to explain anything to narrow-minded types. I no longer have the patience of Janic who at least tried!

In addition, I note that you did NOT answer the question of whether you would be injected (or not) with a lethal poison in a homeopathic dose, that says it all ...!
Last edited by Obamot the 08 / 12 / 20, 09: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/20, 09:15

@obamot
ABC2019 wrote: Note that she never says she had any serious scientific credentials in her homeopathic period, she just says that she believed in some kind of magical action and came back from it: so it is very different from a scientific evolution where you would adopt a new theory in the face of new facts, but having been just as scientific before with the old known facts.

And this is the type of source that you consider serious to build a debate in confidence not but frankly

Totally agree with you ! A doctor believing in some kind of magical action, you have to be dumb to say such things. It immediately classifies the kind of character.
But above all, and the other moron also ignores it, in his sect they are not told: only doctors with university degrees in H are real H. However, how many are only general practitioners who add to their usual treatments remedies they have read on those medical dictionaries for family use and little more? They are not H, but H handymen, and it works or not, depending on the times and the side where the wind is blowing. This is what discredits H like the farmers who make organic when everything is going well and who go back to chemicals at the slightest glitch. This is not AB either!
As for the girl in question, how much weight does she compare to tens of thousands of doctors, veterinarians, agricultural engineers in H who treat and heal millions of sick humans, animals and plants every day in the world and without no magic action.
There are only morons to refer (for lack of anything better) to these equally stupid speeches.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/12/20, 09:24

Indeed !

And he didn't have the guts to answer that:
- “yes I would inject any deadly poison at homeopathic dose without any problem"

It freaks him out because he himself is not at all sure of his arguments, nor of current knowledge in the matter. : Wink:
As usual. when you put him in difficulty he slips away. Point bar! : Cheesy:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 09:33

Obamot wrote:You mix everything.
We really feel the words of the initiate to vegetable juice making the arms grow back! Read me well. : Cheesy:
I have more to ... than trying to explain anything to narrow-minded types. I no longer have the patience of Janic who at least tried!

In addition, I note that you did NOT answer the question of whether you would be injected (or not) with a lethal poison in a homeopathic dose, that says it all ...!

if I answered, I said yes without a problem, and pointed out to you that almost all the drugs were lethal poisons at a higher dose, so in reality everyone does what you say.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "