My cat's punctured eye ... grew back in 10 days?!? A miracle in felines?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

My cat's punctured eye ... grew back in 10 days?!? A miracle in felines?

by Christophe » 29/11/20, 11:29

10 days ago one of my 4 cats came back with a punctured eye ... probably a fight ... he's my last male not neutered and he roams where he wants, I don't see him much ...

We could clearly see the "hole" behind his eyelid, it was not yet fully closed ... as well as a small plait at the level of the arch ...

I did not examine him in detail or bring him to the vet (why do I? The eye was gouged out anyway! A cat is bad ...), he is quite fearful of men ... half wild, he goes he comes ... in short, I did nothing except see the damage!

Well....This morning his eye "came back" but we still see a gene, it still closes most of the time! But the eye is there and clearly visible!

What is this mess ??? A miracle ??? If the eye was not hollow, where did it go during these 10 days ??? : Shock:

I have to propose it for a chatican catification ?? : Mrgreen:

ps: no photos of the injuries, you have to take my word for it ...
2 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My cat's punctured eye ... grew back in 10 days?!? A miracle in felines?

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/20, 12:40

Cats have 7 or 9 lives and that's no story! : Wink:
Once my cat returned after a week of absence skin on bones and yellow coat (originally white), the poor beast smelled of the corpse. I was about to give him the last anointings by placing it in a basket with a blanket for him to finish his last moments in peace, the vet told me that it was over for him .... 2 days later, miracle! The cat had left as in 40, as if nothing had happened!
The felines' recovery capacity is very impressive.
https://www.rtl.fr/actu/insolite/pourquoi-dit-on-des-chats-qu-ils-ont-neuf-vies-7800411518
The animal was undoubtedly deified by the Egyptians because it has an exceptional resistance to misfortunes. Ask your friends and relatives: everyone has heard of a cat run over by a car, guts out, saved by the vet, or even who got out of it on his own, when everyone else considered dead. Tough and resistant to many diseases, the cat makes an excellent companion for humans, because it seems to go through difficulties quite easily, hence the idea that it would have several lives.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/11/20, 13:15

another similar case. According to the veterinarian, the cat was suffering from oral cancer and considered to be
lost. A few days later (with the help of the oldest medicine in the world) it was over, nothing.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/20, 17:05

Uh so you believe in this eye story?

Uh, I say story so to speak, it's not a story eh ... it's the truth ... there was indeed a "black hole" instead of his eye!
Or is it a hope of infection which would have reduced the diameter of the eye and would have made it black for a few days ??? This is the only explanation I can see ... Because a punctured eye that remakes itself is science fiction, isn't it?

Believe that if I was not sure of what I saw I would not have done this subject ...

Otherwise yes cats are very resistant!

A few years ago, one of my other cats had an open wound 5cm * 2cm on one thigh, the fur and skin were completely torn. We could see his tendons and muscles (and it's true that it looks a lot like a rabbit !! : Cheesy: ).

Obviously I had it sewn up at the vet!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/20, 17:41

Christophe wrote:Uh so you believe in this eye story?

It's not a Happy New Year Christ? : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/11/20, 18:43

Christophe wrote:10 days ago one of my 4 cats came back with a punctured eye ... probably a fight ... he's my last male not neutered and he roams where he wants, I don't see him much ...

[b] We could clearly see the "hole" behind his eyelid ...

Hole to where? The cornea, the lens, the vitreous? I believe that at least the first two can heal, but it will leave sequelae. If he complains and he is not already in his 9th life, he can be euthanized.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/20, 19:32

No idea, I did not examine it closely ... but at 1 m, we could clearly see that, the eyelid half open ... there was a "black" hole, a void ... there was more eye what!

It had hurt my heart by the way!

As said above, also he has a wound on the skull at the top of his eye. I will try to examine it in more detail the next time I see it ...

ps: it's a black cat ... so it was black on black! : Cheesy:

How do cat lives count? : Shock: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 29/11/20, 19:34

Janic wrote:A few days later (with the help of the oldest remedy in the world) ...

Out of curiosity, what is the oldest remedy in the world?
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/20, 19:35

Rest ? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 29/11/20, 19:38

Christophe wrote:Rest ? : Mrgreen:

Maybe yes ;)
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.

Back to "Science and Technology"