Google and Apple agreement to control the web

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Google and Apple agreement to control the web

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/10/20, 16:10

Is the DOJ (US Department of Justice) conspiratorial?

26th October, 2020
Apple and Google would have reached an agreement 15 years ago to control the Internet, the DoJ files a complaint

Last Tuesday, the DOJ, the US Department of Justice, filed a lawsuit against Google, accusing it of using illegal practices to protect its monopoly in the search market. Google would do this by concluding agreements with major brands, exclusive contracts allowing it to stifle competition. According to new reports, it has struck a multibillion-dollar deal with Apple to be the default search engine on Apple devices, a tactic that has allowed it to control the internet for more than 15 years.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Google and Apple agreement to control the web

by ENERC » 26/10/20, 16:38

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Is the DOJ (US Department of Justice) conspiratorial?

26th October, 2020
Apple and Google would have reached an agreement 15 years ago to control the Internet, the DoJ files a complaint

Last Tuesday, the DOJ, the US Department of Justice, filed a lawsuit against Google, accusing it of using illegal practices to protect its monopoly in the search market. Google would do this by concluding agreements with major brands, exclusive contracts allowing it to stifle competition. According to new reports, it has struck a multibillion-dollar deal with Apple to be the default search engine on Apple devices, a tactic that has allowed it to control the internet for more than 15 years.

There are still some who use google and chrome (the spy par excellence) ????
I've been using Brave for a long time (https://brave.com/fr/) with Qwant as the search engine. I only use google when I can't find it on Qwant.
In addition, Qwant maintains a certain anonymity and you do not see the searches of other people who live under the same roof and who share the same IP address.

If it wasn't because of a pro app, I would switch to / e / for my phone.
/ e / it's an Android clone without google designed by Normand Gaël Duva

To use without moderation : Mrgreen:
https://e.foundation/fr/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 17:05

ENERC wrote:There are still some who use google and chrome (the spy par excellence) ????

Yes 99% of smartphone users ... Don't tell us you didn't know? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/10/20, 17:44

Christophe wrote:
ENERC wrote:There are still some who use google and chrome (the spy par excellence) ????

Yes 99% of smartphone users ... Don't tell us you didn't know? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Ba if I know ... but whenever I can, I indicate that there are alternatives that work well : Mrgreen: It was in humor mode : Cheesy:
For Brave and Qwant it's serious

On the Qwant page, they say we can add Qwant to Chrome, but that's putting some security in a cookie : Cry:

Edit: Qwant works on Window, Mac, Linux, Android and IOS
Attachments
qwant.png
qwant.png (38.48 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/10/20, 18:12

palemoon and Duckduckgo
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/11/20, 14:56

Attention (and this is my case) to your email accounts ...
There was a time when I had a server at home ... I wonder if I will not have my own mail server again

https://www.developpez.com/actu/310129/Des-utilisateurs-de-Google-bloques-apres-15-ans-d-utilisation-l-entreprise-n-a-fourni-aucune-explication-plausible-sur-ces-bannissements-pour-l-instant/

Several people have been banned from accessing their Google accounts for allegedly violating the terms of service for the company's services. Many have appealed against these suspensions, but have received automated responses. This is a situation that prevents many people from accessing their important emails, data hosted on various Google services, their developer account, etc., or even third-party services where they are registered with their Google account. To date, Google has not sent an explicit response to any victim explaining what the rules of use it violated.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/11/20, 15:09

Host a 24-hour server just for your emails, I find it not very environmentally friendly ...

But we can easily have N personal mail via any registered domain name ... for a few € per year ...

For the gmail ban, there are false positives and beug at google, but there is also intelligence that they cannot necessarily admit ... would have to cross the banned profiles to analyze a little ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/11/20, 15:29

Christophe wrote:Host a 24-hour server just for your emails, I find it not very environmentally friendly ...

But we can easily have N personal mail via any registered domain name ... for a few € per year ...

For the gmail ban, there are false positives and beug at google, but there is also intelligence that they cannot necessarily admit ... would have to cross the banned profiles to analyze a little ...

Yeah but you're still tied to a supplier
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/11/20, 15:50

Yes you are dependent on the registrar and the host (not necessarily the same) but it is more reliable and less expensive than a server at home ...

But for a host to cut a domain it is by court order ... you're not a trickster? Yes ? : Cheesy:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/11/20, 18:05

I have several hosts but their reliability question emails ...
0 x