Filament test reviews for 3D printers: PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ... The best in 2020?

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
Christophe

Re: Filament review and test for 3D printers: PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ... The best in 2020?

by Christophe » 05/03/21, 11:05

Parts printed in 0.3 mm with Eryone:

20210222_185958.jpg
20210222_185958.jpg (348.3 KB) Viewed times 3674

20210222_232015.jpg
20210222_232015.jpg (60.35 KB) Viewed times 3674

The raft is the yellow part on the preview and it improves the adhesion to the board (for those who do not know the principle)
In blue these are the bridges or supports (print scaffolding)

And there are nose pliers for surgical masks on the Longer, less than 30 minutes of print in 0.3 mm:

DSC_1602.JPG
DSC_1602.JPG (342.42 KB) Viewed times 3674

This Longer sends HEAVY it is the clone of the alfawise u30 pro.

I did not put bridges on the rectangular empty space and the "ceiling" is almost perfect (usable what) ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Test best 3D printer filaments 2020 (PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ...)

by Christophe » 17/03/21, 12:36

Christophe wrote:I just started the GIANTARM it's very good too! The eryone is slightly higher ... to see over time.

I finished giantarm reel 1 ... as I was happy I recommended it (on Amazon, same page, same seller ...) ... well as I had read here or there: the quality of the same filament and the same manufacturer is variable... the proof in images: same filament, same brand, same color, same part (the geometry of the part can influence the quality of the print), same settings but not same label (1 reference is common, by the other?), not even rendered:

It is quite difficult to show on a photo but the new coil (left part of the photo) is more dewy, less shiny and no more defects under strictly the same print conditions.

It is an empty box 2 mm thick.

20210317_123231.jpg
20210317_123231.jpg (210.98 KB) Viewed times 3531

giantarm_1.jpg

giantarm_2.jpg

Or is it that Amazon offers "counterfeit"? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Meuhhh not possible that! : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Filament test review for 3D printers: PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ... The best in 2020?

by Christophe » 17/03/21, 13:21

Small parenthesis, my installation of 2 FDM 3D printers (they only ran once simultaneously) + Mars Elegoo SLA resin printer (70W I believe max) + filament preheating unit (50W) have an average consumption on nearly of 400 hours of print of 186 W on average... I made 5 or 6 prints of a few hours with the resin in this count (50W I believe the resin ...). A resin consumes much less than an FDM (heating plate = 80% of consumption).

consumption_imprimer3D.jpg
consumption_imprimer3D.jpg (324.18 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

consumption_printer3D_2.jpg
consumption_imprimer3D_2.jpg (347.97 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

ps: Macro I did not do this on purpose for the 69 !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Test best 3D printer filaments 2020 (PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ...)

by Christophe » 18/03/21, 12:56

Christophe wrote:It is quite difficult to show on a photo but the new coil (left part of the photo) is more dewy, less shiny and no more defects under strictly the same print conditions.

Another big difference is the inter-layer cohesion (adhesion) ...

With the first coil: impossible to easily and cleanly take off the supports and the raft ... very very sticky layers ... despite optimization tests (= increase in the space between the end of the support / raft and the first layers of the room...)

After the second I find the normal behavior of the PLA ...

I imagine that we have the same thing between the layers of the model: the 1st coil therefore made very resistant parts! (risk of detachment or tearing of diapers ...)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Filament test review for 3D printers: PLA, PLA +, TPU, PETG, Carbon ... The best in 2020?

by Christophe » 18/03/21, 19:20

Well I confirm the GIANTARM 2nd batch is really shit! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

He does uncontrollable deformation of parts (3 print attempts of the same part that I had already printed correctly with the previous spool ...)... I reprinted with the Eryone at doubled speed (> 100 mm / s) and no worries ... Damn it was a lot of 2 reels ... they will end up in the trash I think ...

pla1.jpg
pla1.jpg (103.72 KiB) Viewed 3485 times

No doubt a concern related to diffusion, cohesion and crystallization but I think I'm too stupid to understand (or I don't have all the parameters) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Impression3D_diffusion_cohesion_crystalisation.png
Impression3D_diffusion_cohesion_cristalisation.png (182.31 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/03/21, 14:35

Amazon censors comments that are too honest or not flattering enough ... it sucks!

Here is mine following the inconsistency of quality at giantarm .. : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

Thank you for sending us your customer feedback.

Thanks for sending us customer feedback on Amazon. After careful review of the submitted data, your comment could not be posted to the website. We appreciate that you took the time to send us your comments, but we remind you that comments must adhere to the following rules:
Amazon Community Rules

Yes but no !!! A command OK a command KO ??? Non-constant quality !! :( :(: :(

I was very happy with my 1st reel of WHITE PLA .... I therefore recommend a pack of 2 and bin it is not the same filament (it is a little pink: it is not the same color) and impossible to 'print correctly with!

Same room, same settings, same ...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Some common issues to keep in mind:

Your review should focus on the specific functions of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or product delivery should be submitted through http://www.amazon.fr/feedback.
We do not allow obscene or rude content. This also applies to products for adults.
Advertisements, promotional material, or posts repeated to point out the same thing excessively are considered spam.
Please do not include any external URLs to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your comment.
Any attempt to manipulate the content of the Community or its functionalities, including the submission of erroneous, untrue or non-genuine content, is strictly prohibited.
0 x

Go back to "3D printers and 3D print: machines and technologies, hardware, software, use and optimization"