A solution to my problem of micro air bubbles in the heating circulator?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A solution to my problem of micro air bubbles in the heating circulator?

by sicetaitsimple » 16/10/20, 14:46

newstarnord wrote:Alright I'll watch this.

But there is 6m of static height so 0,6 + 0,2 rounded to 1 bar = 1 bar pressure of the expansion vessel (house with radiator at the top and boiler at the bottom; the heating circuit is only on only one floor). Or 1,2 of installation pressure.

And when I was at 1,5 bars I had this phenomenon except that the pressure increased abnormally to 2 bars with the old expansion tank (which was inflated to 1 bar I believe). This old vase was over 12 years old, I thought it came from him.

And in fact the phenomenon is not localized to a precise place it "resonates" everywhere in the pipes.

Yes, I don't think that's the problem either (localized cavitation in the circulator), but it's one of the easiest hypotheses to rule out or confirm, hence the advice to try in the current configuration , with an operational expansion vessel.
0 x
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 16/10/20, 15:11

I don't understand, the pressure increases with the temperature.
Cavitation is created when the pressure is too low, causing it to boil.
If at 40 ° cavitation does not take place, at 70 ° it should not take place either.
Since at 70 ° the pressure is not lower and could even be higher if there was no expansion tank.

But there may be a drop in differential pressure around my circulator (variation in circulation speed), but since it is at constant speed, this pressure drop is the same at 70 ° as at 40 °?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/10/20, 15:39

newstarnord wrote:I don't understand, the pressure increases with the temperature.
If at 40 ° cavitation does not take place, at 70 ° it should not take place either.
Since at 70 ° the pressure is not lower and could even be higher if there was no expansion tank.

But there may be a drop in differential pressure around my circulator (variation in circulation speed), but since it is at constant speed, this pressure drop is the same at 70 ° as at 40 °?

What if you tried to increase the pressure of your circuit by about 0,25 bar for 70 ° C before starting a discussion on the physical characteristics of water / vapor and pressure as a function of temperature in a circuit? with a bladder expansion vessel? : Lol:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/10/20, 16:36

He asks us for our lights and you talk to him about his bladder, I say we must stop taking the bladders for lanterns : Mrgreen:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/10/20, 20:09

There are devices to remove microbubbles https://elyotherm.fr/probleme-air-insta ... -chauffage
No PER in the installation?

Otherwise why 70 ° with a low temperature boiler?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/20, 20:28

newstarnord wrote:I don't understand, the pressure increases with the temperature.

Cavitation depends on the static pressure, the speed of the blades (dynamic pressure) but also the temperature (and the type of liquid) ... Look at this table you will understand: fixtures-injection water / moisture-curve-de-saturation-of-the-air-and-rh-mollier-t5928-20.html # p414399
0 x
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 16/10/20, 22:04

Ok, well it was not cavitation a priori. Tonight when we arrived, 70 degrees more noise. The auto traps therefore finally acted. I try to raise the pressure a little, and I hear gulls in the boiler. It is due to the vase in which there is still air.

So I increase the pressure so that all the air goes out: up to 2 bars. Ok all the air is gone in the circuit. Now I descale the top trap. At the bottom I dismantle one of the bleeders on the ECS: its seal is cracked! I return the pressure to 1,5 bars.

I restart the boiler with a new trap at the bottom and the descaled trap at the top. It goes up to 80 degrees later for hs and the noise starts again. Seeing that it mostly revolves around the circulator, I vary the speed then I return to the initial speed: I hear a glut glut then more noise.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/10/20, 22:04

I had worded my question incorrectly (to which Sicetaitsimple tried to answer) which did not relate to the phenomenon of cavitation itself, but to its possibility in the present case, given the temperature of the water, quite far from boiling after the mixing valve and at the level of the circulator, and the moderate speed of the latter ...
Another thing: it is specified at the beginning that it is about a low temperature boiler and then, one speaks about 80 °, is there not a certain contradiction?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 16/10/20, 23:00

It is that when it has to heat up the balloon of chs to 60 degrees it goes up to 80 although the aquastat is on 75. I do not know if this is normal.

For central heating, it hardly ever exceeds 40 degrees at present.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 17/10/20, 00:37

What I'm doing to purge, probably not the recommended thing ....

First stop the circulators.

I raise the pressure of the circuit a little higher.

I bleed the radiators for the first time. Then I heat to more than 80 °, having of course put back the circulators (or "the"), for an hour.

And I repurge.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: