Graphene batteries developed, but 60 wh / kg, charge in 15s

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Graphene batteries developed, but 60 wh / kg, charge in 15s

by A.D. 44 » 13/09/20, 02:18

Christophe wrote:If a battery charges in 15 seconds ... it necessarily means a VERY VERY HIGH charging current.

Absolutely ... very strong current, therefore ... wiring accordingly (it is not won).
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/09/20, 09:02

For this wiring, CERN arrived at 27 amps over 000 meters, using superconductivity: https://home.cern/fr/news/news/accelera ... ntensities

AD 44 wrote:Indeed, the speeches change ...

Graphene, a subject already discussed some time ago.
Hello! Still happy, but not that much, I was already talking about flat scale!

Note that it was different, I was talking about supercapacitors and not batteries (which I did here) at the time, UCLA researchers wanted to demystify graphene (materials available in nanotubes, very expensive to produce) and had developed a project to produce it from a reader / DVD recorder! https://www.graphene-info.com/ucla-enha ... ialization I was careful, it was sourced and I put a damper on it, I said:
Obamot wrote:I would rather they move on to UCLA's side to show us "FINISHED" graphene super-capa (and not a laboratory technician's dream, since there is great potential and that it is to be developed at the stadium industrial...

So the mirage of graphene to build batteries, I already knew, indeed (thanks for the reminder). : Lol:

... then there was the Désertec project, we study and we learn ... To transport current over thousands of kilometers, here is an application of superconducting materials that could solve this problem. Additional difficulty, we need superconductors at room temperature ... We learn about the problems of insulation, dielectric, etc ... it affects quantum physics, a big chunk. To say that journalists make mistakes while fantasizing about ke graphene, even in serious newspapers https://www.bilan.ch/techno/la_supracon ... _du_sahara I had to work hard to understand, having the basics helps ... : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 15:00

Obamot wrote:- “You don't have the basics ”

Orelsan. -

I edited and added some sentences ... basic ... : Cheesy:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 15:04

AD 44 wrote:Absolutely ... very strong current, therefore ... wiring accordingly (it is not won).

It's not even the wiring that poses the most problem, but the ability to supply power ... We had already talked about it ...

A thermal car that fills up with 50 L in say 2 minutes is an energy of: 50 L * 10 kWh = 500 kWh ... and a power of 500 * 3600/120 = 15 MW equivalent... : Cheesy:

Corrected by the respective "pump-to-wheel" yields (= 30% for thermal, 80% for electric) it would take a power of 15 * 0.3 / 0.8 = 5.6 MW to recharge an equivalent electric car (same range, same energy consumption) in 2 minutes ... and therefore 560 kW in 20 minutes ... and 190 kW in 1 hour ... 19 kW in 10 hours ... etc etc ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/09/20, 15:09

AD 44 wrote:
Obamot wrote:Tsssss ... Ah, the speech changes!
But where have the graphene batteries gone to power urban and orbital buses? : Cheesy: “Teacher”?
Where is the link of the “promise of graphene batteries”Pfouit, flew? ! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: :D

Indeed, the speeches change ...

https://forums.futura-sciences.com/envi ... gie-4.html

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

PS: you have to go through the link to the Futura Sciences thread to understand.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/09/20, 15:14

sicetaitsimple wrote:
AD 44 wrote:
Obamot wrote:Tsssss ... Ah, the speech changes!
But where have the graphene batteries gone to power urban and orbital buses? : Cheesy: “Teacher”?
Where is the link of the “promise of graphene batteries”Pfouit, flew? ! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: :D

Indeed, the speeches change ...

https://forums.futura-sciences.com/envi ... shing.html

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

PS: you have to go through the link to the Futura Sciences thread to understand.

I am particularly happy to see that you got rid of yourself on this one!
And you still have the nerve to speak : Lol:
An increasingly disappointing character, who brings nothing to the debates and a crass incompetence!

sicetaitsimple wrote:You know how to read? You know what "might" means [and blah-blah-blah about the conditional].

: Arrowd: When in fact, this was an AFFIRMATION : Arrowd:
sicetaitsimple wrote:"Ultrafast" recharging is the promise of graphene batteries, could nevertheless be of interest in a number of applications (city buses for example). Wait and see.
The conditional is only articulated around “applications”.
You really take us for Kiki corns.
Last edited by Obamot the 13 / 09 / 20, 15: 23, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 15:23

Obamot wrote:I'm particularly happy to have knocked you out on this one!

Not a great mentality ... am I wrong?
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 13/09/20, 15:24

Christophe wrote:
AD 44 wrote:Absolutely ... very strong current, therefore ... wiring accordingly (it is not won).

It's not even the wiring that poses the most problem, but the ability to supply power ... We had already talked about it ...

A thermal car that fills up with 50 L in say 2 minutes is an energy of: 50 L * 10 kWh = 500 kWh ... and a power of 500 * 3600/120 = 15 MW equivalent... : Cheesy:

Corrected by the respective yields, it would take a power of 15 * 0.3 / 0.8 = 5.6 MW to recharge an equivalent electric car (same range, same energy consumption) in 2 minutes ... and therefore 560 kW in 20 minutes .... and 190 kW in 1 hour ... 19 kW in 10 hours ... etc etc ...

Personally, I am not at all ready to reopen my land to change and reinstall a B link of nearly 50 meters after cabinet, having to withstand such amperages.
Last edited by A.D. 44 the 13 / 09 / 20, 15: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/09/20, 15:26

No, you're right Christophe, in fact, he got rid of himself. (I edited)

And for the “mentality” he calls people “King of the c ...” and no one reacts ...

Telling him to “close it” I was warned: I hope you see the disproportion ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/09/20, 15:33

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:I'm particularly happy to have knocked you out on this one!

Not a great mentality ... am I wrong?

All the more so if we compare what I wrote with a lot of conditionalities ("could", "may be able", "wait and see", "promises") with the concrete affirmations of Sieur Obamot there is about 5 years old on the Futura Sciences thread!
1 x