Neuralink: Brain Machine Interface VS Handicaps, (again) a (crazy) project by Elon Musk!

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: Neuralink: Brain Machine VS Handicaps Interface, (again) a (crazy) project by Elon Musk!

by Christophe » 30/08/20, 13:06

ABC2019 wrote:As long as the ideas were based on a fairly well understood physical foundation, and birds and flying insects existed, I think I would have thought it was quite achievable with technical advancements.

There was nothing included in aerodynamics ... The first wings are inspired by mouse heaters ... not birds, even less insects. These are the experiences that led to the bases we know today ...

And yet the adage of "more than the air cannot fly" has endured for centuries ... many "knew that flying was impossible" ... must we believe that birds did not exist at the time?

How Elon is not based on physical bases well enough understood there ??? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

ABC2019 wrote:For example I think it is possible to pilot an exoskeleton with thoughts (we have already done this).
On the other hand, there is no "well-understood" basis of the brain which makes it possible to envisage a consciousness associated with a machine, that is only based on the development of a science fiction literature and cinema (Star wars , blade runner, terminator, etc ...), and it is no more realistic than the time machine or the antigravitation of H G Wells, which were well imagined but never realized, and for good reason. ..

Yes I just mentioned it ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Neuralink: Brain Machine VS Handicaps Interface, (again) a (crazy) project by Elon Musk!

by ABC2019 » 30/08/20, 13:09

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:what do you call "human-machine transconsciousness", what kind of invention would it take for you to consider having won your bet?

The transfer of a human consciousness into a machine (reversible er ... if possible) ... widely already mentioned in SF obviously ...

At the beginning it would be mental control of machine of the humanoid kind (like avatar avatars ...) in bi lateral obviously (return to the senses useful to the situation ...) ... therefore the human body should continue to be there"...

it is very different again. The control of a machine, we are already there, but the machine thinks absolutely "nothing", we are content to control micromotors using readings of brain activity. It is by no means an "intermediate" step towards a thinking machine, it does not give absolutely any information or any means of what it would take for a machine to think (in fact it is not very different on the principle of driving a car, except that you bypass the mechanical action on the levers and buttons by your physical members).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 30/08/20, 13:16

Christophe wrote:There was nothing included in aerodynamics ... The first wings are inspired by mouse heaters ... not birds, even less insects. These are the experiences that led to the bases we know today ...

fluid mechanics began in the 1707th century ... one of the fundamental equations is the "Euler equation" (1783-XNUMX)!
in principle, gravity is a force and therefore a transfer of momentum (when you fall, your downward momentum increases). Flying consists in transferring the impulse to the air by producing a downward current of air which carries you in reaction (this is more apparent for helicopters but it also exists for airplanes). There is nothing complicated to understand in principle, the problem is actually to find the right design that achieves it, but nothing "impossible".
And yet the adage of "more than the air cannot fly" has endured for centuries ... many "knew that flying was impossible" ... must we believe that birds did not exist at the time?

the only thing that proves is that there are always incompetent people who say anything, even among scientists ... and you know what? it is still the case !! : Mrgreen:

How Elon is not based on physical bases well enough understood there ??? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

there is no physical theory of what it takes to produce consciousness, as far as I know, but if you know of one then I'm frankly interested!
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/20, 13:26

ABC2019 wrote:The control of a machine, we are already there.

Yes in uni laterality with some basic movements, like drawing a picture while thinking of something ... Yes and it even dates ...

Here I am talking to you about controlling the movements of a humanoid (or similar) just with thought, I think I'm going to move my arm, he moves his arm ... with bi laterality of the info so ... back on touch, sight ... directly in the brain ..

There sorry we are far from it ...

ABC2019 wrote: but the machine thinks absolutely "nothing", we are content to control micromotors using readings of brain activity. It is by no means an "intermediate" step towards a thinking machine, it gives absolutely no information or any means of what it would take for a machine to think (in fact it is not very different on the principle of driving a car, except that you bypass the mechanical action on the levers and buttons by your physical members).

I'm not talking about artificial consciousness at all ... It's another subject (skynet, terminator ... etc etc ...) ... I'm talking about a machine capable of hosting (temporarily or permanently) a human consciousness ... machine that will mean the end of death (as long as there is juice ... lol)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/20, 13:29

ABC2019 wrote:the only thing that proves is that there are always incompetent people who say anything, even among scientists ... and you know what? it is still the case !! : Mrgreen:

No kidding ? You see that we sometimes agree!

Yes Axel Kahn has just shown it this morning by treating those who denounce cheating as thugs! : Mrgreen:

ABC2019 wrote:there is no physical theory of what it takes to produce consciousness, as far as I know, but if you know of one then I'm frankly interested!

Obviously for Neuralink it is far from being completed ... I was thinking of his other projects eh ...

Have you ever been interested in exiting the body? And don't come and tell me in the first response that it's auto suggestion ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 30/08/20, 13:49

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:The control of a machine, we are already there.

Yes in uni laterality with some basic movements, like drawing a picture while thinking of something ... Yes and it even dates ...

Here I am talking to you about controlling the movements of a humanoid (or similar) just with thought, I think I'm going to move my arm, he moves his arm ... with bi laterality of the info so ... back on touch, sight ... directly in the brain ..

There sorry we are far from it ...

well no it's already done, even if it's heavy and a little invasive ...

https://www.science-et-vie.com/question ... ible-50866

I'm not talking about artificial consciousness at all ... It's another subject (skynet, terminator ... etc etc ...) ... I'm talking about a machine capable of hosting (temporarily or permanently) a human consciousness ... machine that will mean the end of death (as long as there is juice ... lol)

bah what do you mean by "storing human consciousness"? a computer or a disk, it only stores sequences of 0 and 1, and if we can encode the work of Shakespeare or the Mona Lisa by coding them with zeros and ones (with Ascii codes, jpeg, etc. ..), to my knowledge, we absolutely do not know how to "transcribe" a human consciousness in this way, even "theoretically" !!
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/20, 14:12

a) That's what I'm saying it's basic ... so NO CA DOES NOT exist in the specifications that I gave and this even in 'uni laterality!

In short, we are far from motor mental control ...

S&V wrote:Yes. But for now the technology is too basic or too invasive

In science museums there are brain wave sensors that are not too invasive (beta waves I think ???) which allow you to play games ... at best draw a straight line ... well as straight as possible. ..

Basic...

b) You did not answer or even react to my question about getting out of the body ... NDEs, meditation, drugs (yopo, dmt ...) ... all these experiences should be used to characterize the real nature of consciousness ...

We talked about it a bit here: media / enter-the-void-a-movie-about-the-book-of-dead-Tibetan-t10317.html

Interesting testimonial about the yopo on libé: https://www.liberation.fr/planete/2015/ ... ie_1409519

By the way I advise you to see it ...

There are also the famous 21 grams ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 30/08/20, 18:04

Christophe wrote:b) You did not answer or even react to my question about getting out of the body ... NDEs, meditation, drugs (yopo, dmt ...) ... all these experiences should be used to characterize the real nature of consciousness ...

We talked about it a bit here: media / enter-the-void-a-movie-about-the-book-of-dead-Tibetan-t10317.html

Interesting testimonial about the yopo on libé: https://www.liberation.fr/planete/2015/ ... ie_1409519

By the way I advise you to see it ...

There are also the famous 21 grams ...

it depends. If it is a question of substances modifying the conscience, well why not, already a good whiskey does it! Obviously there are lots of natural and man-made psychotropic substances that clearly change your mental perceptions. But it doesn't violate any physical law.

On the other hand the phenomena which would contravene the physical laws by traveling in space, in time, by transmitting the thought without material support, etc, etc ... no, I do not believe in it at all. For reasons not only related to physics, but also because if such powers were possible, they would give such superiority that they would have to be possessed by the creatures dominating the world, either a species other than humans or humans. dominating the others ... whereas in general it is rather lost tribes and marginal zozos who claim to indulge in it.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/20, 19:55

ABC2019 wrote:On the other hand the phenomena which would contravene the physical laws by traveling in space, in time, by transmitting the thought without material support, etc, etc ... no, I do not believe in it at all. For reasons not only related to physics, but also because if such powers were possible, they would give such superiority that they would have to be possessed by the creatures dominating the world, either a species other than humans or humans. dominating the others ... whereas in general it is rather lost tribes and marginal zozos who claim to indulge in it.

a) Every night when I dream I go out of time space of awakened consciousness ... I have had dreams that last 10 minutes in the awakened consciousness where I felt like I was there for weeks ...So am I a rapist? : Mrgreen:

b) Regarding your conception of materialist domination I am quite flabbergasted by your answer ... I think you missed an episode on life ... Not everyone thinks like you in terms of the domination of his next ... (well that's what we teach ... to succeed in your materialistic life is to dominate the other ...)

The tribes who devote themselves to the yopo are very happy (when the "developed" man does not come to piss them off ...) and have no need of domination over others unlike "us".

I pass on your low insults of "lost" and "marginal" ... but difficult to expect more from a materialist, square and domineering spirit like yours.

In short, learn a little more about the possibilities of human consciousness that some would call the soul ...

Observe some NDEs ... they are made without drugs (except that the brain develops DMT at this time ...) neither by lost nor by zozos ...

There are dozens of docs ...

0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 30/08/20, 20:18

Christophe wrote:
a) Every night when I dream I go out of time space of awakened consciousness ... I have had dreams that last 10 minutes in the awakened consciousness where I felt like I was there for weeks ...So am I a rapist? : Mrgreen:

uh ... I don't understand your question ...

b) Regarding your conception of materialist domination I am quite flabbergasted by your answer ... I think you missed an episode on life ... Not everyone thinks like you in terms of the domination of his next ... (well that's what we teach ... to succeed in your materialistic life is to dominate the other ...)

The tribes who devote themselves to the yopo are very happy (when the "developed" man does not come to piss them off ...) and have no need of domination over others unlike "us".

never heard of tribes that did not make war on their neighbors, do you have any references?

it is moreover rather when one has taken some substances which remove the inhibitions that one becomes able to fight, there are multiple examples, of the sect of Hashashin with the hairy of 14 fuel with the big red ... why do you think alcohol is forbidden in stadiums?

and in the event of a battle, having "supernormal" powers should have given them immediate superiority and convinced everyone to adopt their technique, logically.

I pass on your low insults of "lost" and "marginal" ... but difficult to expect more from a materialist, square and domineering spirit like yours.

In short, learn a little more about the possibilities of human consciousness that some would call the soul ...

Observe some NDEs ... they are made without drugs (except that the brain develops DMT at this time ...) neither by lost nor by zozos ...

There are dozens of docs ...

no youtube video proves anything, I can make you a video tomorrow explaining how I managed to project myself on Mars, it's not difficult to do ...
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"