Shopping: CORONAVIRUS contagion through hands and surfaces in stores and businesses?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CORONA VIRUS contagion in stores

by Ahmed » 24/08/20, 17:10

I suppose the clipping is very weak, just enough for the handles to hold when no manual holding is involved, so it must be very easy to remove these handles. When moving the trolley, it is the pressure of the user's hands that guarantees their connection ... This is how I would have considered it if I had designed this contraption ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/20, 17:36

Yeah ... not super practical then!

And that in no way solves the problem of the chain ... which you very rightly mentioned!

Leclerc will therefore have to get out of ... chain pliers! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 24/08/20, 18:24

LOL, removable handles for shopping carts ...
Clean the bar with a handkerchief soaked in alcohol at 70 ° (you can also take the opportunity to pass the entire top of the cart that you will end up touching), hand cleaning with hydroalcoholic gel at the entrance of the store and after having put the cart away and voila, no need for those ridiculous handles.
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 25/08/20, 08:23

Ah yes??? and the races, what do you take them with ??? pliers?
Imagine: the customer in front of me has the Covid, he touches an item and puts it back on the shelf.
I arrive 20sec behind him with my (fire?) Trolley decorated with removable handles and I take the article.
In this case, the handles will have been useless! On the contrary, having the handles will enhance safety for some people, while it is not!
Hence my questioning about their usefulness ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/08/20, 09:08

Steph, I think you mean:
... having the handles will strengthen the feeling of safety in some people ...

Eh yes! The virus is smarter than that (so to speak) and handfuls won't stop it.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 25/08/20, 09:31

Yes that's it!
I have the feeling that a word was missing, right? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 09:42

Your remark is especially valid in the fresh department ... Since the virus survives more than 15 days at 4 ° C ...

I will be curious to see the results of contamination analyzes on products "at random" in supermarkets ....

Out of the thousands of covid studies already done, I don't think this one exists!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 09:48

Ahmed wrote:Steph, I think you mean:
... having the handles will strengthen the feeling of safety in some people ...

Eh yes! The virus is smarter than that (so to speak) and handfuls won't stop it.

FALSE security in this case ... so as the person believes himself protected there is a risk of release ... in the end it is worse ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 09:56

Christophe wrote:Out of the thousands of covid studies already done, I don't think this one exists!

A few "old" articles for the general public have attempted to answer this question, but without being based on studies ...

https://www.7sur7.be/sante/faire-ses-ac ... s~a16cfcc1

What about your goods?

There is no evidence that the coronavirus is transmitted through food, and cooking these kills the virus anyway. But the packaging may have been affected by others. Although food companies claim that the packaging does not present a known risk, there are some precautions you can take:

- Wash unpackaged fresh produce thoroughly under running water, then allow it to dry.

- Leave the goods wrapped for 72 hours before using them, or clean the package with soap and water or diluted bleach.

https://www.quechoisir.org/actualite-co ... es-n77359/
What precautions should be taken next in the kitchen?

If it considers the risk of contamination through food low, the BfR adds, for those who would not be reassured, that "viruses are sensitive to heat, the risk of infection can be reduced by reheating food". Cooking at 63 ° C for four minutes thus allows the risk of contamination to be divided by 10, reports ANSES. Cold, on the other hand, seems ineffective: "the previous known coronaviruses, SARS and MERS, [...] can remain infectious in a frozen state, at -000 ° C, for two years", warns the BfR. Finally, to avoid contamination between members of the same household, while it is of course imperative to wash your hands before cooking, sterilizing your dishes and cutlery is unnecessary, washing is sufficient: "Coronaviruses are sensitive substances which dissolve fats, such as alcohols or surfactants contained in soaps and dishwashing detergents. […] It is therefore very likely that these substances damage the surface of the virus and make it inactive. This is especially true if the dishes are cleaned and dried in a dishwasher at 60 ° C or more, ”assures the BfR.

At least Quechoisir has read the coronavirus resistance study... not like our dear Ministers (where they only pretend to be idiots ??) !!

One last fairly comprehensive article: https://www.levif.be/actualite/sante/fa ... 69871.html
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 31/08/20, 14:40

Christophe wrote:Your remark is especially valid in the fresh department ... Since the virus survives more than 15 days at 4 ° C ...

Between 4 to 6 hours and 15 days there must have been a hell of an inflation
https://www.franceculture.fr/sciences/l ... oronavirus

Strictly, in packaging, because above, the cold of the refrigerator dries up.
On a so-called inert surface, such as a stainless steel bench, it persists in 4 and 6 hours, depending on the temperature; The cooler and humid the more the virus survives. Within 4 to 6 hours, when you touch an infected surface and then bring your hand to your mouth, you can get sick.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "