Are "forest gardens" the future of our vegetable gardens?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Are "forest gardens" the future of our vegetable gardens?

by sicetaitsimple » 10/07/20, 16:40

Moindreffor wrote:it's a mix of genres for me, why should I feel obliged to add this vegan coloring? does his purpose really need it? ...

I do not really agree with your point of view (Adrien and Moindreffor), even if I do not agree with his speech.
His reasoning has a certain internal logic, it's just a “vegan” logic that we don't share, and we see all the flaws and biases in it because we disagree with the original assumptions.
But his "350 families", reduced to "50 vegan adults" on 1,2ha actually cultivated (excluding trees), I think that there is really deception on the goods .... If he has to make cereals and oilseeds to actually be able to fully feed people, even vegans, it will be complicated ....
On the comparison with the PP, it is a pity that Didier does not intervene (I am going to "ring" him on the main thread, we will see).
But when Didier talks to us about 700.000 French equines that eat hay, it comes together a little!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/07/20, 16:54

phil12 wrote:Image

It's a very good idea 8) . I do not know if what runs in Paris is edible, but its African cousin called agouti over there is excellent.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/07/20, 17:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:it's a mix of genres for me, why should I feel obliged to add this vegan coloring? does his purpose really need it? ...

I do not really agree with your point of view (Adrien and Moindreffor), even if I do not agree with his speech.
His reasoning has a certain internal logic, it's just a “vegan” logic that we don't share, and we see all the flaws and biases in it because we disagree with the original assumptions.
But his "350 families", reduced to "50 vegan adults" on 1,2ha actually cultivated (excluding trees), I think that there is really deception on the goods .... If he has to make cereals and oilseeds to actually be able to fully feed people, even vegans, it will be complicated ....
On the comparison with the PP, it is a pity that Didier does not intervene (I am going to "ring" him on the main thread, we will see).
But when Didier talks to us about 700.000 French equines that eat hay, it comes together a little!

What are you singing to me Image

Where did you see or read that I do not share vegan logic or that I disagree with the initial postulates.

On the contrary, I totally agree with the initial postulates since I keep repeating that it is PP.
So you think if I'm fitting.

But I note that if it is to make PP there is no need to ask for what or what ... except possibly PP.
And whether he likes it or not, he will make animals work well to maintain his vegetable garden.
After he makes a distinction between small and large animals this is where it starts to go into smoky theories.
But in principle again it will be an experience to follow closely

Do not mix your project and comments that are sometimes disconnected from the facilitator.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/07/20, 17:41

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:What are you singing to me Image

I sing to you "Well, I don't see where the problem is with using manure from horses or hens or other animals. ", what you wrote and with which I fully agree.

I'm just saying that in its logic, it's excluded. If you agreed with the starting assumptions, you would not import horse manure into your garden.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/07/20, 18:04

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:What are you singing to me Image

I sing to you "Well, I don't see where the problem is with using manure from horses or hens or other animals. ", what you wrote and with which I fully agree.

I'm just saying that in its logic, it's excluded. If you agreed with the starting assumptions, you would not import horse manure into your garden.

If you don't link the sentence to the context, it's on ...

We were talking about a comment I made on the channel ... so you see, we are far from forum.

Commentary which said that all uses of animal manure were either commercial or intended for slaughterhouses.
And I replied that obviously not, that it was very bad to know the campaign to pretend that ...
There are many people who have large animals for the pleasure of large animals and without any mercantile or nutritional logic.

And this is where we loop back on its "animal" logic ... which I note in my last post.
This is why I say that the less it adds in conceptual theory, the better.

He does not want animal droppings but in reality he will be full every day full his vegetable garden besides that the man is an animal until proven otherwise therefore vegan my eye.

But in fact we do not care royally since in reality the substantial marrow of its bazaar is a ..... PP (and this is the main thing) on ​​2ha.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/07/20, 19:48

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But in fact we do not care royally since in reality the substantial marrow of its bazaar is a ..... PP (and this is the main thing) on ​​2ha.

Yes, it will not happen by itself, moreover, he says, imports at the beginning because there is a lot of the same surface dedicated to construction not yet used which he will be able to take advantage of for a few years to import, then possibly imports external later.
Autonomy ultimately remains to be proven.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/07/20, 22:12

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But in fact we do not care royally since in reality the substantial marrow of its bazaar is a ..... PP (and this is the main thing) on ​​2ha.

Yes, it will not happen by itself, moreover, he says, imports at the beginning because there is a lot of the same surface dedicated to construction not yet used which he will be able to take advantage of for a few years to import, then possibly imports external later.
Autonomy ultimately remains to be proven.

Indeed there is "a little" of taf and especially of method.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/07/20, 23:34

We must not focus too much on the words in this conf in confinement. He needs to federate the associations that revolve around this project.
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Autonomy ultimately remains to be proven.
This is the goal of the game and the method he has proven he has ...

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/07/20, 00:18

izentrop wrote:We must not focus too much on the words in this conf in confinement. He needs to federate the associations that revolve around this project.
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Autonomy ultimately remains to be proven.
This is the goal of the game and the method he has proven in the past that he had ...

It's good he gives back to Caesar, namely to Jean Pain, what is due to him.
https://potagers.forumactif.com/t178-li ... tre-jardin

However I dreamed where he promotes intensive farming Image

Frankly I preferred the 1st video.
He is more credible when he talks about a PP on 2ha than when he claims to be a large carbon nitrogen calculator: but rest assured, I will not try to redo his calculations.

In the end he "guarantees" and I doubt ... that his paths and his trees are in sufficient quantity to feed his vegan system even in the 30s.
Especially if its paths are surveyed by tractors which will hardly help the grass to grow.
Even I ALL ALONE in my vegetable garden I help to draw up useless paths without herbs just by walking alone.
The human step is devastating
In the meadow it is enough to pass once so that the grass is no longer like 10cm next.
Only in places where NOBODY, not even rabbits, can the grass grow properly.
And the passages of rabbits or X we spot them immediately with the naked eye
So you think in vegetable alleys regularly crossed by trainees, it will be razibus with grass production close to 0.
For the BRF auto produced, during the first 30 years how does it do before the trees grow?
Is he buying BRF?
BRF which must be compensated to avoid starvation of nitrogen except to leave fallow for about 3 years ... from memory on Mulet's videos.
And then there is BRF and "real" BRF ...

If hay is already a little bit of luxury then the real BRF which comes from the pruning of young branches in spring is a super luxury product.

I also wonder if the "fashion" of the BRF has not completely passed ... due to complex, even illusory supply
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/07/20, 08:12

It is however easy to get BRF and Faux BRF since very large quantities of branches end up in composting, via recycling centers ... You just have to short-circuit the evacuation chain a little. As for nitrogen hunger, on the one hand it does not concern all plants, on the other hand if the BRF is extended to the right period, it serves as a nitrate sponge and everything is in order when sowing , plant.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."