Covid-19, non-respiratory medical effects ...

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Covid-19, non-respiratory medical effects ...

by izentrop » 29/04/20, 02:58

GuyGadebois wrote:
And there is talk of reopening schools on May 11?
no fatal cases have been identified. Not even in England, contrary to what had previously been announced following an interview with Minister of Health Matt Hancock.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/04/20, 11:16

I have not read (nor written) that there have been fatal cases (it is fortunate), but I have read everywhere that they were severe cases. But if according to Izy there is nothing to worry about, everything is going well.
https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/covid-19-de ... 03636.html

Covid-19: heart failures identified in children
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/20, 15:17

He must no longer have young children ... but an infarction at 12 is certainly nothing at all for izy the barbarian ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/04/20, 18:25

Christophe wrote:He must no longer have young children ... but an infarction at 12 is certainly nothing at all for izy the barbarian ...

For Izy and ABC, we are just numbers, numbers, statistics. All the same, all equal in the face of illness, all in "the database". Neuropaths (yes but from Tanzania). : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/05/20, 18:21

Better and better... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: if it is confirmed? Fortunately it remains light or anecdotal .... ???

Covid-19 causing stroke in people under 50?

Cases of stroke would start to occur in young patients (30-50 years old) with Covid-19. A risk especially reported in the forms asymptomatic of this coronavirus

Covid-19 has the sad power to reach multiple organs. The lungs, kidneys, heart, intestinal system ... and the brain.

The most commonly reported neurological symptom is loss of taste and smell.

But another phenomenon is beginning to be reported by neurologists: the possible correlation between a Covid-19 infection and the occurrence of a stroke.

Thus, on April 22, Dr. Benoît Guillon, neurologist responsible for the neurovascular unit at the Nantes University Hospital, reported a slight increase in stroke cases in the young population, "without definite cause, without being able to confirm a direct link with the Covid-19 ", given" the lack of perspective on this incidence ".

But the lines move quickly in the world of the Covid-19. Today, cases certainly remain infrequent in France. But as a precaution, "the alert is given by vascular neurologist doctors", describes Dr. Guillon.

“Young patients who are positive for Covid-19, with no risk factor *, seem to present atypical pictures with thromboses, relatively diffuse, rather unusual arterial occlusions. Importantly, "these patients present in some cases little or no symptoms of Covid-19".

"Cut the chains of contamination"

But how do you explain it? “Either asymptomatic patients declare this stroke when the Covid-19 has already evolved well. Either this serious neurological complication constitutes a gateway to the disease ”, for this young population suffering neither from cough, nor from headache, nor from respiratory discomfort.

In all cases, the risk of stroke must be taken into account "to detect the coronavirus as soon as possible and to be able to cut the chains of contamination".

Home stroke

On the other side of the Atlantic, the Washington Post revealed, on April 25, these same neurological accidents in New York in patients aged 30 to 50 years.

And on April 28, a study, or rather a case study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) supports this phenomenon.

The team of Dr. Thomas J. Oxley ** describes 5 cases of stroke that occurred between March 23 and April 7, at home, in young people aged 33, 37, 39, 44 and 49 years respectively *** .

All were positive for Covid-19. One of them died, one is in rehabilitation, two are still hospitalized and only the 33-year-old patient is able to speak.

The latter suffered from episodes of cough, headache and chills the week before her hospitalization.

According to the researcher, "Covid-19 patients reporting a stroke were on average 15 years younger compared to the diagnosed stroke in patients outside Covid-19".

Finally, "the number of young people admitted to the emergency room for cerebral blood clotting disorders doubled in 3 weeks at the Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)", adds Dr. Mocco, also participating in the work published in the NEJM. And this "despite a decline in emergency care".

Physiologically, what is the origin of these complications? “Covid-19 could promote the formation of blood clots. »Are data available on the risk of stroke from other forms of coronavirus?

Yes, "in 2004 in Singapore, SARS-CoV-1 caused stroke," says Dr. Oxley. "In 2012, in the Middle East, during the MERS-CoV epidemic, tables of brain damage were described, with the same appearance as those reported for Covid-19", explains Dr Guillon from the Nantes University Hospital.

And after?

Regarding Covid-19, "more studies need to be done," says Dr. Oxley.

To date, "it seems to me too early to consider that these strokes in young people, which still occur very rarely, are linked to Covid-19", says Dr Caroline Arquizan, head of the neurovascular unit of CHU de Montpellier.

“The study published in the NEJM only includes 5 cases of stroke, this is not representative. Is there a risk that today we are putting everything on the back of the Covid-19? “It is possible that some publications are going too fast indeed. "

“We saw a drop in stroke in March and early April. And today we are talking about an increase in stroke among young people without this being convincing. "

To clarify things, "we are going to launch a national study comparing the rates of admissions for stroke on the one hand and of cardiovascular accidents on the other hand, between the figures of the epidemic phase of Covid-19 and those of the year spent in the same period ".

The data (incidence, type of stroke and myocardial infarction, age, access to treatment, etc.) will be collected in the 13 regions of France, within neurovascular units and intensive cardiology care units.

https://www.estrepublicain.fr/magazine- ... -de-50-ans
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/20, 02:06

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/20, 23:30

It's been since the beginning of the year that I have small mild symptoms that repeat, disappear and then reappear unexpectedly ... I have a very good immunity that I have been monitoring for years (biocheck, etc.) bike, eat organic etc ...
I go to medical circles and have never seen anything like it. I do not know even if I have been in contact with this SARS, I have never had the need to be tested ... I have never had the flu (for at least 20 years). And I'm not the only one, nothing scientific, just my physiological feeling which gives me the impression that “something unusual is going around”.

So I have a feeling that this thing is pervert and is going to last a while, and that now is not the time to give up on prevention.

It can with certainty, put the mess in nis metabolisms at many levels, the spectrum of weak points is quite wide (and united in “comorbidity”, a term practical enough not to get too wet ....)

We should list our weak points compared to SARS-cov-2, but it is quite long.
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 06 / 20, 23: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/06/20, 23:35

Obamot wrote:We should list our weak points compared to SARS-cov-2, but it is quite long.

Above all, you should get tested since "the sooner we detect it, the faster we get over it", if I may.
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 27 / 06 / 20, 23: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/20, 23:36

GuyGadebois wrote:
Obamot wrote:We should list our weak points compared to SARS-cov-2, but it is quite long.

Above all, you should get tested, if I may.

Yes, ok, I will, thank you. But the igG therefore.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/20, 17:03

More and more better:
COVID-19: Autopsies reveal blood clots in "almost all organs"

A new study of autopsies in patients who died from COVID-19 caused by the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has found that the disease causes blood clots in "almost every organ" in the body. Autopsies performed on deceased people help doctors understand how the disease affects the body.

Studies on autopsies of patients with COVID-19 have shown that blood clots due to the disease are present not only in the lungs, but also in "almost every organ," said Amy Rapkiewicz, a pathologist. from New York University and chair of the pathology department at NYU Langone Medical Center. The latter also The new findings, which his team published last month in the Lancet Journal's EClinicalMedicine, were described as "dramatic".

When the virus was first discovered, doctors thought COVID-19 was a respiratory disease similar to viral pneumonia, but they have since learned that the virus can (especially) cause blood clots. These in turn can lead to more serious problems such as stroke, kidney failure, heart inflammation and complications of the immune system.

Note that excessive blood clots may form in the large blood vessels, as well as in the lungs, heart, brain and skin. However, this new study highlights the fact that these clots can also affect small blood vessels. "This is a dramatic discovery, because while we expected it in the lungs, we also found it in almost every organ we looked at during our autopsy study," said Rapkiewicz.

The study of autopsies also demonstrated the remarkable appearance of large bone marrow cells called megakaryocytes (it is literally a giant cell, about 50 to 100 µm in diameter). Namely, these cells "don't usually circulate outside the bones and lungs," said Rapkiewicz. “We found them in the heart and kidneys, the liver and other organs. In the heart, in particular, the megakaryocytes produce platelets, which are intimately involved in blood clotting, ”added Rapkiewicz.

As for the rest, the researchers wish to continue their research in order to determine the link between the large cells of the bone marrow and the coagulation of the small blood vessels. According to Rapkiewicz, one of the “opportunities, if there is one,” is that pathologists have the opportunity to examine the organs of the many victims of COVID-19, and to investigate these ongoing disease processes. Rapkiewicz also noted that this opportunity was not really available with H1N1 or the 2003 SARS epidemic.

https://trustmyscience.com/covid-19-aut ... nes-corps/
0 x