The lies of environmental activism on pollution

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The lies of environmental activism on pollution

by Exnihiloest » 15/12/20, 19:24

Janic wrote:
or that it comes from incompetent filth who understand nothing about science.
and there you are part of it then!
Was it me or you who brought up these incompetent people in question?Argumentum ad personam => trash can, my reflection, by comparison, was that you were part of it! incompetent filths who understand nothing of science. as if you, you posed in absolute type reference! It is indeed proud and stupid!

The 'Argumentum ad personam' is a pseudo-argument against a specific debater, by attacking himself. It has nothing to do with criticism of a group in general.
Your amalgamation is a complete denial of rhetoric.

On the other hand if I say: "janic shows us once again his ignorance and his inability to communicate intelligently, that is to say to speak of the subject rather than of the person who spoke", this is, as you did, an ad personam argument. Do you see the difference? That would surprise me : Lol: : roll:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/12/20, 20:17

exthing
The 'Argumentum ad personam "is a pseudo-argument against a specific debater, taking it out on itself. It has nothing to do with criticism of a group in general.
Your amalgamation is a complete denial of rhetoric.
On the other hand if I say: "janic shows us once again his ignorance and his inability to dialogue intelligently, that is to say to speak of the subject rather than of the person who spoke", there it is, like you made it, an ad personam argument ". Do you see the difference? That would surprise me

RHETORIC, noun. fem. and adj.
I. - Subst. fem.
A. - Discourse technique; set of rules, procedures constituting the art of speaking well, eloquence.

Bah, then, am I trying to understand? For example:
Forhorse wrote: You have to put in the trash, you and your nauseous subjects ...
The opinion of the fascists attacking freedom of expression, nothing to worry about.
How to understand, here if there is an ad personam argument. "Is Forhorse the fachos or un facho?
or that it comes from incompetent filth who understand nothing about science.
and there you are part of it then! Quite stupid
I should then have answered: " The opinion of the fascists attacking freedom of expression, nothing to worry about "The fascists are, in your logic, not you obviously
There too ! should I have said: "Were you aiming at someone or is it just an impression, on the supposed incompetence of who knows who or what and therefore you can be part of it as well? " But you do take yourself for the reference to who must compare the incompetent in question.
You are going to say no "to science"! Of course but which ones and are you again the yardstick to which these incompetent people must compare themselves according to your judgment?

Argument ad personam
Should not be confused with Argumentum ad hominem.
In an argument, the ad personam argument refers to a personal attack made by one of the parties to the opposing party unrelated to the substance of the debate.

Was this a substantive debate or not? RHETORIC !?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/12/20, 22:13

Exnihiloest wrote:
The opinion of the fascists attacking freedom of expression, nothing to worry about.

And what about the fascists who try to change reality for their own benefit ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 16/12/20, 20:57

Forhorse wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:

And what about the fascists who try to change reality for their own benefit ...

Do a little soul-searching, and you'll know what to say about it.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/20, 22:32

I do not go on forums climate skeptic to try to misinform people me ...
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/12/20, 23:26

Forhorse wrote:I do not go on forums climate skeptic to try to misinform people me ...

precisely that's what you have to do, go on forums chat with people who don't think like you (for example look at me with the JOERs : Mrgreen: ). Otherwise you lock yourself in a bubble of filters or you think you're right simply because you only speak with those who share your opinion.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 17/12/20, 07:50

a B C
precisely that's what you have to do, go on forums chat with people who don't think like you (for example look at me with the JOERs). Otherwise you lock yourself in a bubble of filters or you think you're right simply because you only speak with those who share your opinion.

one more beautiful pearl, and here again he takes himself for the reference of what he calls a discussion. To make a mess, for the principle, on subjects where the filthy ignorance of what you say is manifest (H, vaccine) it is much worse than to lock yourself only in a bubble, it is to manifest a connn ... an incredible stupidity by refusal to know, to know by pretending to know, to know in the name, usurped, of a scientism which has nothing scientific precisely (the latter is noticed for a true spirit of curiosity non-selective ; absent at home, and your fine team, as everyone will have noticed!) : Cheesy:
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/12/20, 07:52

We start by wanting to change the minds of people who do not think like us (to "put them back on the right track") and the next step is purification ...
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 17/12/20, 08:04

Forhorse »17/12/20, 08:52

We start by wanting to change the minds of people who do not think like us (to "put them back on the right track") and the next step is purification ...
Reminds me of something, but I can't figure out what? The inquisition? No of course, there were only good people in this cool community! The French Revolution and its famous guillotine? No, of course! it was just for ... nothing like now! Nazism? No more, they have done so much good by their Darwinian selection! No really I do not see! : Cry:
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 17/12/20, 08:15

Forhorse wrote:We start by wanting to change the minds of people who do not think like us (to "put them back on the right track") and the next step is purification ...

oh well, that's not my opinion. The exchanges between scientists are precisely exchanges of arguments to try to see more clearly, between people who do not agree a priori, and on the whole, they put an end to the persecutions and executions of people who do not 'were not in the norm, led rather by religious or political sects.

If you don't differentiate between constraint and discussion, it seems a bit serious to me anyway ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)