Well here I am creating the homeopathy survey!

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).

Do you think homeopathy is:

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Well here I am creating the homeopathy survey!

by pedrodelavega » 25/10/20, 13:40

Obamot wrote:You could sum it up in one sentence, because I don't have time to spend hours there.
: Arrowd:
Two indicators are used to assess the percentage of infected people who succumb to the disease. The first is the
true case-fatality ratio (IFR - infection-lethality ratio), which is used to estimate the proportion of deaths among all infected people.
The second is the apparent fatality ratio (CFR - case-lethality ratio), which is used to estimate the proportion of deaths among the cases detected.
confirmed.
To measure the actual case fatality ratio (IFR) accurately, it is necessary to have an overview of the number of people infected and the
number of deaths due to the disease. Therefore, at this early stage of the pandemic, most estimates of case fatality ratios
were based on cases detected during surveillance and calculated using crude methods, resulting in
Apparent Case Fatality Ratio (CFR) estimates vary widely by country - from less than 0,1% to more than 25%.

Obamot wrote:In the meantime, my contacts at HUG / CHUV (even if they are sometimes contradictory and officially guided by political considerations) are enough for me. And this is all the more revealing. :? : Wink:
What are your contacts doing there?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/10/20, 13:47

And what is the counterpart of the WHO definition that I have already given?

For my professional contacts in hospitals, I have already spoken about it, but you will understand that they are subject to official secrecy,
ABC2019 wrote: this thread is not for discussing whether homeopathy is valid or not

Why are you posting then? Was it a summary execution or is it just to pass the time? Image Image
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/10/20, 13:54

Why are you posting then? Just to pass the time?
or rather to persuade himself to be right in a field which he does not know anything about!
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/10/20, 16:18

Obamot wrote:You could sum it up in one sentence, because I don't have time to spend hours there.

I have already spent time there for notions that have not yet had to be clear to you! : Cheesy:

you look at page 2 of the document provided by pedro, there are two formulas given, one for the CFR and one for the IFR, which are each obtained by the division of two numbers (the number of deaths divided either by the number of cases tested positive, or by the number of actual infected), multiplied by 100 to reduce to%.

That is to say exactly the same definitions that pedro, myself, and others, have always used.

But if you spend hours to understand these formulas, obviously that explains a lot of things.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/10/20, 16:24

Janic wrote:by ABC2019 "25/10/20, 13:01
janic wrote: Of course this is a point of view, a simple opinion; but based on highly publicized assumptions (we wonder by whom ...?) or through personal experimentation, on lived experience? There is no indication that can be used as justification and in this case it is more than an opinion, it is a real belief without real foundation.
as I told you (but that you obviously do not print) this survey is to identify opinions regardless of their validity
hence my comparison with religion or politics (see what is happening in the USA: a beautiful bazaar of contradictory opinions and this country will be ruled by a character in a deeply divided country. And whoever wins will claim to be representative of its inhabitants because it has the authority of the moment.

it has absolutely nothing to do with the poll, what you're talking about. If you make the comparison with religions, it's just the equivalent of listing them and counting their followers; like here for example:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

It doesn't take sides and it doesn't say anything about their political use.

The only question I ask you is if you find yourself in one of the proposals made, and if not, which one you would propose.

And I'm still waiting for the answer ... Like your Obamot and Eclectron friends, you open the smoke bombs fully to avoid answering each time you are asked a simple and clear question, by writing a diarrhea of ​​considerations without interest and without related to the question asked.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/10/20, 16:26

Obamot wrote:And what is the counterpart of the WHO definition that I have already given?

For my professional contacts in hospitals, I have already spoken about it, but you will understand that they are subject to official secrecy,
ABC2019 wrote: this thread is not for discussing whether homeopathy is valid or not

Why are you posting then? Was it a summary execution or is it just to pass the time? Image Image

I said: to do a survey on the number of people on the forum who have such and such an opinion on homeopathy. I am not discussing on this thread who is right and who is wrong, it is a simple survey of opinions.

And it also has the advantage of immediately distinguishing between those who are able to answer simple clear questions, and those who cannot, and play troll instead.
0 x

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/10/20, 16:28

Janic wrote:
otherwise you have an example of a "tangible" effect which is not "proven", that we understand what you mean by that?
breathing is a tangible fact, with no proof needed. Evidence (but of what kind) only serves to provide further confirmation of what is tangible.

is there no proof that we breathe, and that it is necessary for life? first news : Shock: I don't understand what you mean there ...
0 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/10/20, 16:32

ABC2019 wrote:
Obamot wrote:And what is the counterpart of the WHO definition that I have already given?

I said it: to do a poll [...] blah-blah-blah

To spend the time therefore! CQFD Image Image
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/10/20, 16:40

Obamot wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

I said it: to do a poll [...] blah-blah-blah

To spend the time therefore! CQFD Image Image

and you why you post there then?
Image Image
0 x

Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/10/20, 17:23

is there no proof that we breathe, and that it is necessary for life? first news : Shock: I don't understand what you mean there ...
What you call proofs (in the scientific sense, your leit motiv,) is only recent and billions of living beings have not wondered whether it is necessary to have scientific proof to have the right to breathe "scientifically" hence the use of the term tangible.Character of something whose reality is obvious, undeniable.

I said: to do a survey on the number of people on the forum who have such and such an opinion on homeopathy. I am not discussing on this thread who is right and who is wrong, it is a simple survey of opinions.

And it also has the advantage of immediately distinguishing between those who are able to answer simple clear questions, and those who cannot, and play troll instead.
except that this survey is not representative of the participants in this forum, but just those who mostly share your opinion. the others have the good sense not to fall into a speech distorted by the very content of your proposals. When to "clear" questions you must ignore the meaning of this word then!
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "