Outstanding intellectuals

philosophical debates and companies.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Outstanding intellectuals

by Exnihiloest » 24/03/20, 18:18

The standard is what standardizes the thought that one should have on any subject. In environmentalism today, the standard means:
- adhere to anthropogenic warming and to the idea that CO2 is a pollutant
- adhere to the idea that GMOs are irrelevant to the public good
- adhere to the method of manipulation by fear (especially of the future), as motivation to save the planet
non-exhaustive list.

We are talking a lot about Professor Raoult right now, world number 1 in infectious diseases, for his treatment of the coronavirus with chloroquine.
He is not only brilliant in his field, but also exercises his scientific sagacity in the analysis of other fields. The scientific methodology is in fact partly independent of the field studied, for example, one can notice selection biases in a study on subjects outside its field of competence (and even, without being scientific yourself).

I discover that he defends GMOs, that he is almost climato-skeptical, and that he asks what I also want: that we stop being afraid (and to be afraid to manipulate, by catastrophism). This is the subject of the book about which he is questioned.
Will the news of "who is Raoult" make an environmentalist give up a treatment that could save him? : Lol:

The journalist :
[Reheating] "it is a fairly widely established scientific consensus"

Pr Raoult:
"those who agree, are those who practice religion [...] it's like asking a theologian if he believes in God. So all those who work on global warming, of course they are okay, otherwise they're doing something else. But if you ask the geologists, who are closer to that, they're ferociously distant from that. ".

A treat, as is his mockery about the skepticism he is accused of (skepticism for a scientist would be an insult ?!). Certainly, we are really dealing with a free and independent thinker, I feel more and more affinity with this spirit. In these times, a little rejoicing is always good to take.

PS - News is catching up with me. "Didier Raoult slams the door of Macron's Scientific Council", it just came out.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Outstanding intellectuals

by Christophe » 24/03/20, 18:21

You cannot be a God in all areas! : Cheesy:

This formulation is intentionally ambiguous!

Exnihiloest wrote:PS - News is catching up with me. "Didier Raoult slams the door of Macron's Scientific Council", it just came out.

: Arrow: health-pollution-prevention / resignation-of-dr-raoult-supporter-of-chloroquine-from-scientific-advice-covid19-t16370.html

ps: I would hardly have recognized him, he still had a barber and a hairdresser at the time of this video (2016) or simply the time to go ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/03/20, 18:23

... in short, it's your "divine surprise"! : Lol:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/03/20, 18:47

Christophe wrote:...
ps: I would hardly have recognized him, he still had a barber and a hairdresser at the time of this video (2016) or simply the time to go ...

Is it you who recently considered that manipulating with fear to achieve one's ends is perfectly acceptable provided that the cause is good (ie either yours or that of your clan)?
Didier Raoult is not of this opinion, or in any case provides weapons to fight against this method:

https://www.amazon.fr/Arrêtons-davoir-peur-Didier-Raoult/dp/274992779X
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/03/20, 18:50

I did not know that Econologie became a political platform allowing some to create topics of pure propaganda, without other object. I learn every day.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 26/03/20, 20:42

GuyGadebois wrote:I did not know that Econologie became a political platform allowing some to create topics of pure propaganda, without other object. I learn every day.

This section of the forumis "Sciences, society, philosophy, health, environment and policyTo learn, it is enough to know how to read.
When we see the fuss that there has been here about yellow vests since their inception, or the recurring anti-macron or anti-capitalism or anti-industry comments, the domain name "politiceconologie.com" would better reflect what 'we find on this forum.
And then environmentalism is politics. Ecology is something else entirely.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/03/20, 20:52

Doing politics, talking politics and propaganda by creating a topic with deliberate controversy is not really the same thing.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/03/20, 21:01

GuyGadebois wrote:I did not know that Econologie became a political platform allowing some to create topics of pure propaganda, without other object. I learn every day.

You know best to close the flap of cons ... is not to answer them ...

Sometimes at least ...
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 26/03/20, 22:10

Christophe wrote:You know best to close the flap of cons ... is not to answer them ...

The valve of the idiots, I notice that it is widely used here to prevent people from expressing unconventional opinions, by covering them with insults or by drowning their remarks with remarks of beaufres.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/03/20, 22:53

Well, no proof! : Cheesy:
0 x