Covid and Didier Raoult (supporter of hydroxychloroquine): analyzes on the pandemic

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Resignation of Dr Raoult, supporter of Chloroquine, from the Covid Scientific Council19

by VetusLignum » 10/07/20, 10:45

ABC2019 wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Dr. David Samadi's gallery on July 10

Dr. David Samadi: Let's Admit Hydroxychloroquine Can Be a Lifesaver for Some
https://www.newsmax.com/drdavidsamadi/H ... id/975875/

uh I don't understand there
Findings showed that patients treated with hydroxychloroquine by itself had a 13.5% mortality rate; patients treated with both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, had a 20% mortality rate; and patients not treated with either drug had a 26% mortality rate.

it seems to me that all of Raoult's defenders said that it was not the HCQ alone but the HCQ + AZT that was effective, while there the HCQ halved the lethality while the HCQ + AZT did not reduce it almost not that means that by adding AZT, Raoult killed half of his patients that he could have saved? and since he had tried the HCQ alone too, he could not ignore it !!

Answer in the article: the combination of hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was reserved for selected patients with severe COVID-19 and with minimal cardiac risk factors.
https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

They would probably have further reduced their death rate by giving blood thinners.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Resignation of Dr Raoult, supporter of Chloroquine, from the Covid Scientific Council19

by ABC2019 » 10/07/20, 10:51

VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Dr. David Samadi's gallery on July 10

Dr. David Samadi: Let's Admit Hydroxychloroquine Can Be a Lifesaver for Some
https://www.newsmax.com/drdavidsamadi/H ... id/975875/

Findings showed that patients treated with hydroxychloroquine by itself had a 13.5% mortality rate; patients treated with both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, had a 20% mortality rate; and patients not treated with either drug had a 26% mortality rate.

it seems to me that all of Raoult's defenders said that it was not the HCQ alone but the HCQ + AZT that was effective, while there the HCQ halved the lethality while the HCQ + AZT did not reduce it almost not that means that by adding AZT, Raoult killed half of his patients that he could have saved? and since he had tried the HCQ alone too, he could not ignore it !!

The combination of hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was reserved for selected patients with severe COVID-19 and with minimal cardiac risk factors

oh well then sometimes we say that it is useless when the serious symptoms appear, that it is necessary to treat as a preventive, sometimes we say that it is reserved for the serious symptoms ...

and suddenly how do we know if HCQ alone would not have been more effective for these patients then?

it is complicated to interpret differences in lethality, when it is not double blind, ie when populations treated differently did not have the same profile statistically speaking, is not it?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 10/07/20, 10:59

ABC2019 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

The combination of hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was reserved for selected patients with severe COVID-19 and with minimal cardiac risk factors

oh well then sometimes we say that it is useless when the serious symptoms appear, that it is necessary to treat as a preventive, sometimes we say that it is reserved for the serious symptoms ...

The Raoult protocol is to give HCQ + AZI (+ probably zinc) at the first signs, for their effects antivirals, in order to avoid complications.
If complications appear, HCQ can still be used for its effect imuno-modulator, AZI also for its effect antibiotic ; but it is also necessary, depending on the patient's condition, to give anti-inflammatory (they did so in the study), and above all, anti coagulants (They did not do it).
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/07/20, 11:23

If I'm not mistaken, HCQ has an effect against coronaviruses, the press presented it as something outside its therapeutic scope, arguing further that the molecule would have no effect against viral pneumonia (covid-19) . This is wrong, other chlorinated molecules are used against coronaviruses, such as chlorpheniramine. In addition, HCQ is used against certain pneumonia. Azithromycin is not used against covid-19 but against its inflammatory complications.

ABC2019 wrote:[
and suddenly how do we know if HCQ alone would not have been more effective for these patients then?

[...] is not it ?

Nothing prevents the use of HCQ + placebo...

"is not it"? 8) ( :) )
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 10/07/20, 11:56

VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:

The Raoult protocol is to give HCQ + AZI (+ probably zinc) at the first signs, for their effects antivirals, in order to avoid complications.

beh why did he reserve it for severe cases then?

it's nerd more if they had given it at the first signs, it would have lowered their case fatality rate, but above all it could have been compared to cases without treatment.

suddenly now we no longer know what is due to what .... as usual I was going to say : Lol: .
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 10/07/20, 12:11

ABC2019 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:oh well then sometimes we say that it is useless when the serious symptoms appear, that it is necessary to treat as a preventive, sometimes we say that it is reserved for the serious symptoms ...

it's nerd more if they had given it at the first signs, it would have lowered their case fatality rate, but above all it could have been compared to cases without treatment.

suddenly now we no longer know what is due to what .... as usual I was going to say : Lol: .

Because the health authorities did not choose to go this route; which is to treat patients at the first signs.
As a result, patients arrive at the hospital in bad enough condition, and while HCQ and AZI may still be helpful, they no longer make a difference on their own. Here, what is "nerd" is not having given anticoagulants. Suddenly, they end up with 88% of their deaths caused by respiratory failure, which is known to be caused by micro-thrombosis, treatable with anticoagulants.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 10/07/20, 13:12

VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:

Because the health authorities did not choose to go this route; which is to treat patients at the first signs.
As a result, patients arrive at the hospital in bad enough condition, and while HCQ and AZI may still be helpful, they no longer make a difference on their own. Here, what is "nerd" is not having given anticoagulants. Suddenly, they end up with 88% of their deaths caused by respiratory failure, which is known to be caused by micro-thrombosis, treatable with anticoagulants.

it's still astonishing that so many people know the right treatments that must be applied in each case on this forum, and also little in hospitals ....

it's the same when it comes to selecting a football team, note !!
0 x

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/07/20, 13:28

ABC2019 wrote:...........Image..........

1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 10/07/20, 13:29

ABC2019 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:beh why did he reserve it for severe cases then?

it's still astonishing that so many people know the right treatments that must be applied in each case on this forum, and also little in hospitals ....

it's the same when it comes to selecting a football team, note !!

You can always be ironic, the interest of blood thinners on patients with respiratory problems is well known. For example :
https://lactualite.com/actualites/covid ... -patients/

For my part, what I observe is that although you have been on this thread for weeks, you give the feeling of having understood nothing from the start; we're still explaining the basics to you.
So, in some cases, it may be helpful to respond, thinking of the readers who, indeed, may be a little lost.
But it seems obvious to me (to me as to others), that you are not as silly as you seem, and that if you constantly pretend to understand nothing, it is just to confuse each other and disrupt the discussion.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/07/20, 13:33

VetusLignum wrote:For my part, what I observe is that although you have been on this thread for weeks, you give the feeling of having understood nothing from the start; we're still explaining the basics to you.
So, in some cases, it may be helpful to respond, thinking of the readers who, indeed, may be a little lost.
But it seems obvious to me (to me as to others), that you are not as silly as you seem, and that you pretend to understand nothing just to confuse each other and disturb the discussion.

You finally understood that he does not give a damn about the world, tries to drown the fish, takes people for idiots, asks false questions, does not care about the answers and is only there to spoil the topic. you will do (as you see fit) as we did for a while: You will no longer answer him.
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 10 / 07 / 20, 13: 41, 1 edited once.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)