Containment: The Benefits of Coronavirus

philosophical debates and companies.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Containment: The Benefits of Coronavirus

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 20:19

Ahmed wrote:.... hence the danger that it will not be seen wearing the content that generated it by reaction.

When one reads the prose of Tryphon and other Gugussians of the same obedience, one cannot be surprised by the emergence of increasingly violent reactions, arbitrary and alas, counterproductive for the ecological movement, however legitimate. Contempt for the other when he goes through this kind of speech of incredible violence, repeated lies, the apology of science today diverted, misappropriated, confiscated (by scrapings) for the benefit of private interests (other scrapings) can only generate hatred and chaos in return.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/03/20, 20:43

I don't believe it is fair to write "science today turned away," since science and power have practically (except in the days when it was more a matter of harmless distractions of idle aristocrats) still closely coexisted. I advise you to listen to what the mathematician said A. Grothendieck at his last conference in Geneva ...

NB: I note with delight that the discussion resolutely escapes the narrow framework initially determined by Christophe! : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 20:49

Ahmed wrote:I don't believe it is fair to write "science today turned away," since science and power have practically (except in the days when it was more a matter of harmless distractions of idle aristocrats) still closely coexisted. I advise you to listen to what the mathematician said A. Grothendieck at his last conference in Geneva ...

NB: I note with delight that the discussion resolutely escapes the narrow framework initially determined by Christophe! : Mrgreen:

Leave me some more illusions ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/03/20, 21:02

Exnihiloest wrote:(...) Nature is beautiful and clear, and man has screwed everything up. Reheating ? his fault, and his punishment! Pollution ? his fault, and his punishment!

There is no nature and man, there is only nature of which the human being is a part, a nuance.
Global warming is not the fault of man, it is a consequence of the determinisms which we ignore and which act through us.
Pollution exists only in a subjectivist point of view, in reality we do not pollute the planet, we transform it into something else.
It is our ignorance of physical principles and their large-scale entanglement that causes our misfortunes.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 21:28

sen-no-sen wrote:it is a consequence of the determinisms which we ignore and which act through us.

To consider the human being (only?) As the vehicle through which are expressed "determinisms" over which he has no control while the majority only consciously (or subconsciously) undergo the decisions of the strongest seems to me a reductive strand, but I could be wrong. Fortunately, I still have a space of naivety ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/03/20, 21:40

GuyGadebois wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:it is a consequence of the determinisms which we ignore and which act through us.

To consider the human being (only?) As the vehicle through which are expressed "determinisms" over which he has no control while the majority only consciously (or subconsciously) undergo the decisions of the strongest seems to me a reductive strand, but I could be wrong. Fortunately, I still have a space of naivety ...

If there are stronger and weaker ones it is due to something, right?
Attention, I am not saying that we have no power, on the contrary we have the duty to take cognizance of such phenomena in order to no longer be a slave to them.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 21:42

sen-no-sen wrote:If there are stronger and weaker ones it is due to something, right?

It remains to be agreed on what the words "strong" and "weak" refer to. We have seen in history that a single man, or a small, well-determined group, could make things happen much more deeply than an entire people under spiritual and / or political sedation.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/03/20, 22:55

We have seen in history that a single man, or a small, well-defined group could make things happen much more deeply than an entire people under spiritual and / or political sedation.

Yes, when this man or this group embodies the evolutionary side of determinisms, while "an entire people" continues to follow a path that has become obsolete ...
I'm reminding you that Marx said: "It is the people who make history, but not the one they believe."
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/03/20, 23:06

I put this video there but we can choose dozens of others.

There are actually still a lot of people working at this time

Please ALSO applaud the cashiers (for a salary of m ..) and all the staff of the small or large food distribution who work every day to allow us to eat.
Thank you also for applauding the garage owners who allow us not to remain in a black galley in the event of a single vehicle breakdown.
Thank you also for applauding the employees of the banks who work every day and continue to feed the ATMs, which receive professionals in a panic, and individuals and who around April 6 will allow thousands of beneficiaries to withdraw their allowances by making them minute cards.
Please ALSO applaud the road transporters who transport the goods from the production points to the consumption points.
Thank you also for applauding the pharmacists, the farmers who produce (or throw it away depending on) the vegetables that we don't buy enough because we stuff ourselves like idiots of non-perishable foodstuffs instead of buying good vegetables.
Please also applaud the journalists who go out in the field and who keep us informed.
Please ALSO applaud all security personnel who ensure that the situation does not escalate into the wild west
Please ALSO applaud all teachers (and who are not paid as directors of multinationals) or childcare workers requisitioned to babysit the children of caregivers
and Thank you ALSO for applauding all those who work for the common good and who are forgotten
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 23:23

Please applaud those who stay at home.
► View Text
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"