Is Germany (already) using Plaquenil (Chloroquine) against Covid-19?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is Germany (already) using Plaquenil (Chloroquine) against Covid-19?

by VetusLignum » 03/04/20, 18:19

Did67 wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:Trump wants Avigan too
https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/whi ... ncy-follow

Trump, I have the impression he believes he is doing tourism in the souk of Marrakech! He spreads out his bundles of dollars ...

Issues of ex-nihilo monetary creation, permitted by the markets due to the geopolitical power of the country ... for the moment ...

Did67 wrote:2020-04-03_18h01_25 hydro.png

A bit confusing:

a) the countries using the most hydroxychloroquine are not characterized by the most favorable curve (horizontal) on the graph put just now, on the contrary!

b) damage, but Korea is not there ...

c) French doctors would use more hydroxychloroquine than German or American ... [which corroborates the fact that there is often a shortage in pharmacies]

But I guess they are the "city doctors" ???

Hydroxychloroquine is used in many hospitals in France.
But since when has it been used? If it's been 1 week, it's too early to see the effects.
And is it used early enough in the course of the disease? In my opinion, it is often when it is too late.
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 03/04/20, 18:28

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Now that we have learned that the state has ordered millions of masks for caregivers and that it is also making 1 million a day for the population

if I believe this article (published on March 31 in my regional daily) the masks "for the population" would not be intended for everyone ... but for professional use

"France mobilized to produce masks

Shifting into high gear to produce masks on French soil: this is the government's objective. In the field, manufacturers did not wait to get to work, be creative, and participate in the fight against Covid-19.

This concerns all masks that are not intended for caregivers. For the medical and paramedical field, the four main French players in the production of masks intended for the medical world will go from 15 million masks manufactured per month to 40 million.

Sheet masks: new approvals
But for the French population who need to be protected and who are not among the caregivers, the state has defined two new categories of masks for professional use. The first, intended for people in contact with the public (cashiers, law enforcement) filters at least 90% of 3 micron particles. The second is for people who have to meet in groups in a professional context. It is less filtering: 70% of particles of 3 microns. To manufacture these fabric masks, Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Secretary of State to the Minister of the Economy and Finance, launched a challenge to the fashion industry.

85 prototypes validated in the regions
Challenge taken up in many departments in France by companies recognized in the textile world (Loire, Rhône, Vosges, Haut-Rhin, etc.), and even by certain small reintegration structures. Proof that the commitment of those who have know-how in this area is total.

More than 150 companies and groups of companies have already proposed alternative solutions. They have been tested by the Directorate General for Armaments (DGA), which has already validated 85 prototypes offered by 45 companies. Some masks can be washed and reused five times; sometimes more depending on the approved fabrics concerned. This mobilization of textile players will allow 480 masks to be produced daily within a few days. Half for people in contact with the public and the other half for those in contact with a group.

According to Agnès Pannier-Runacher, this capacity will be doubled at the end of April to reach one million masks per day. This Tuesday, Emmanuel Macron visits the mask factory of the Kolmi-Hopen SME on the outskirts of Angers (Maine-et-Loire), the largest of the four French mask producers.

Nathalie MAURET
"
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/04/20, 18:48

Did67 wrote:I agree on the fact that the announcement of the measures was "contaminated" by the management of a double or triple shortage: tests, masks and emergency situation ...

We were able to "manage" a few "clusters" (Contamines, Morbihan), but I will be stubborn, a few gatherings (Evangelists in Mulhouse, probably the Lyon-Turin match, maybe others) made this very quickly " tactic "was no longer playable, and outbreaks have flourished everywhere (in particular Oise, various departments in the East) ... Identify and" confine "the contact persons, that is fine if there are 3 or 4 outbreaks (not to say "cluster"). It's rapped when there are 100 ...

To my understanding, the normal mask prevents you from projecting droplets towards another person. If you are a "healthy carrier" (if not, you should be confined). So I find it exaggerated to say that it is ineffective. It seems to me a barrier measure like any other.

It does not protect the wearer if another person "projects" infected particles ...

The FFP2 also protects the wearer.

Now, still if I understood correctly, a significant (essential ????) part of contamination is through contact: handles, elevator buttons, public transport bars, payment terminals (CB). A contaminated person (possibly a healthy carrier - so who ignores it) is likely to have viruses on his hand (no matter how much he coughs in his elbow, he will touch the sweater, etc.), so put it on the handles , buttons, mailbox ...

So to have an effectiveness equivalent to confinement, it would be necessary to wear ordinary masks so as not to "project" but also all the time to disinfect what several people touch ...

Still if I understand correctly ...

With survival times of the virus (which does not mean infectivity) variable depending on the media, but can be a few days (all this with enormous uncertainty)!

[NB: abuse of language, since a virus does not really "live"; it does not have its own metabolism; the question is therefore whether it can still contaminate or not - and that ???? Volunteers to try ????]

Not a simple equation, in my case, where I would like not to be contaminated (carrying 3 risk factors) but where my wife works in a nursing home ...

Yes this is the mask must be worn by everyone for its effectiveness to be maximum.

Even if ... in the case of postilions of a person not masked on a mask one can think that the protection is not zero at least in the first ... seconds? minutes? hours? I don't know that.

And it is precisely when one is a little overwhelmed by the epidemic that the mask can reduce the rate of spread.
AS
It will be strongly recommended or even mandatory at the time of deconfinement to try to do what we did not do at the beginning, i.e. SMOOTH as much as possible (as is exactly the case for the flu which, until proven on the contrary, causes between 2 and 3 times more death without problem of particular congestion of the resuscitation services) the contaminations which are WELL INTENDED to continue up to a level it seems from 50 to 70% of the population d 'after what I could read (before we are in the bazaar, but weirdly we don't say anymore now) .... which is CONSIDERABLE ...

What is unfortunate is that the wearing of the "mask" could not be advised to everyone from the start as well as other collective prophylaxis measures: hand washing, social distancing.

Guand I put mask between quotes it is to signify any type of protection covering mouth and nose.

All this because of elements having nothing to do with the heart of the subject.
And not even because of the shortage in itself but because of its consequence: to affirm that the masks (most of the nose / mouth protections) plays a non-negligible role in reducing the spread of the virus was to cantilevered with respect to thousands of withdrawal rights justified.

There the official discourse was based on the minimum of the only thing that the vast majority of employers could provide: the freeze dot bar.
And the barrier measures of course.

But for me the two camps of the social partners are to be put in the same bag.
It would have required a global agreement which freezes the rights of withdrawal in exchange for wearing a nose / mouth protection even unorthodox.

As for the transmission component, it is also done through contact with infected surfaces.
But for the hands, the remedy is much easier to put into practice: do not touch your face and wash your hands as often as you have touched “foreign” surfaces.

In conclusion we are going to wear a mask in public and wash our hands again for a while.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/04/20, 18:52

Julienmos wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Now that we have learned that the state has ordered millions of masks for caregivers and that it is also making 1 million a day for the population

if I believe this article (published on March 31 in my regional daily) the masks "for the population" would not be intended for everyone ... but for professional use

Yes that's what I'm saying: we go back to work in exchange for wearing a mask.

What matters is that the activity resumes
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/04/20, 18:57

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
But for the hands, the remedy is much easier to put into practice: do not touch your face and wash your hands as often as you have touched “foreign” surfaces.

I do not find ! I do it regularly - there is often a tickling "trick", a runny sweat when it's a little hot ... I think I would have the greatest difficulty respecting that!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/04/20, 19:00

VetusLignum wrote:
But since when has it been used? If it's been 1 week, it's too early to see the effects.
And is it used early enough in the course of the disease? In my opinion, it is often when it is too late.

When, in fact, were the surveys carried out in the different countries?

I thought I understood - am I wrong? - that it is the city doctors ... So there, in general, it is at an early stage ... You cough, you do not do the 15th, you consult ...
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 03/04/20, 19:07

Chloroquine: "Let's not waste any more time!" (a manifesto Initiated by ex-minister Philippe Douste-Blazy)
http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/sante/ ... 293677.php
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/04/20, 19:16

Did67 wrote:I thought I understood - am I wrong? - that it is the city doctors ... So there, in general, it is at an early stage ... You cough, you do not do the 15th, you consult ...

In France, I don't think so, but I might be wrong .... The "Raoult" protocol requires an electrocardiogram before and another after two days. The last (and second) time I took a routine RV with a cardiologist, it was over 3 months of waiting ...
From what I understand, in France the treatments remain in the field of hospital medicine.
But beware of any other information.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/04/20, 19:21

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Did67 wrote:I thought I understood - am I wrong? - that it is the city doctors ... So there, in general, it is at an early stage ... You cough, you do not do the 15th, you consult ...

In France, I don't think so, but I might be wrong .... The "Raoult" protocol requires an electrocardiogram before and another after two days. The last (and second) time I took a routine RV with a cardiologist, it was over 3 months of waiting ...
From what I understand, in France the treatments remain in the field of hospital medicine.

And so, all travelers who are given before leaving for "exotic" countries have an EKG?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 03/04/20, 19:28

GuyGadebois wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

And so, all travelers who are given before leaving for "exotic" countries have an EKG?

I think Dr. Raoult feels he has no room for error, and therefore I imagine he takes more care than he would in other circumstances.
On the other hand, he prescribes azithromycin at the same time, which can also have side effects on the heart; this could also explain these precautions.
But it is true that this raises questions; if liberal doctors were to prescribe this treatment (as requested by Douste-Balzy), should they also pass ECGs?
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "