6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by Remundo » 14/02/20, 09:50

in Brussels, the metros use the principle I was explaining and announce 40% energy recovery under braking

0 x
Christophe

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 12:44

Uh and do you really believe in this cartoon? : Cheesy:

Rather find us real figures and technologies !! Like an altom or bomber datasheet ... and an encryption of what it costs on the network side!

Non-constant partial reinjection on a network is an unnamed electrical shit to manage ... it creates overvoltage and other phase shifts, impedance, reluctance and other electrical joyiness almost impossible to manage! SNCF does not really do it ... it's not for nothing!

Do not confuse the electromagnetic brake, widely used, and feedback, which is an "option" of the magnetic brake!
And it is easier to "brake in batteries" than by injecting into the network ...

So there is a gap between what is announced and reality! Sorry Raymond ... but that's how it is! It also surprised me when I learned this a few years ago ... so the reality is less green than a cartoon!

Take another example, this summer I did the Montenvers ... the rack railway of the Mer de Glace ...

Going down I was a little surprised to see electromagnetic elements on the roof ... I thought they were transformers * ... so I asked an employee !! What a denial! These are the dissipators of the electromagnetic brake! Why don't they inject on the network? The situation is ideal in their case: 20-25 minutes of constant descent!

20190707_161026.jpg
20190707_161026.jpg (362.72 KB) Viewed times 4042

If it does not inject it is certainly in this case for a security reason: constancy of the brake compared to the network voltage ... or quite simply because it is quite profitable to operate a centenary train almost in its juice! Yet if he has an activity that suffers from the melting of ice it is them! : Cheesy:

* they are transformers, they transform electricity into heat : Cheesy:
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 14/02/20, 13:33

the techno of 20 or 30, or more for the sea of ​​ice train, did not allow it easily : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 13:35

Have the physical laws of electricity changed in 20-30 years? : Mrgreen:

We can possibly understand the safety side for the Montenvers train ... for the others ??? : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/02/20, 13:43

(Seeing the sun, I put cream in Hyères)
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 14/02/20, 16:54

not physics but the electronic power components and the servo to drive everything : Wink:
just as if you had the opportunity to repeat water injection tests it would be much easier to put electronics to optimize the operation than in 2001.

the only time I used this train it broke down :( and we went down on foot : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 6 HALF METROS THAT STOP 2 STATIONS ON 4 BUT YOU GO UP AND DOWN OR WANT.

by sicetaitsimple » 14/02/20, 17:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:The real question is whether he ever took the metro ... at least in Paris.

It was my first reaction, page 1.

Beyond the drawbacks already mentioned (waiting time on the platform before "his train" arrives), the concern is that on a metro line there are stations with very heavy passenger traffic (SNCF stations, interconnection stations between several lines) and others where there is very little passenger traffic.

But if you have never taken the metro at rush hour at "heavy traffic" stations, it is indeed possible to play the electric train by letting "half trains" pass, 2 or 3 in a row, in one of these stations. without stopping ..... It's just playing on the electric train, not transporting people .....
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/02/20, 17:19

idea is not bad! It would unclutter the platforms with more fluid pedestrian traffic.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 14/02/20, 17:21

Janic wrote:idea is not bad! It would unclutter the platforms with more fluid pedestrian traffic.

Sorry? You can explain?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 18:32

Here is the animation of the concept (for those who still want to try to understand : Cheesy: ):

Half-Train Simulator
1 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."