6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/20, 19:00

Let's put on the good, hardworking guy who starts early. He lives near station B, and he must go to the next station "A", so 3 stations further. It's cool, just 3 metro stops, so it starts from "B", goes through "C" and "D", and stops at the next "A". In the Paris region, everyone revered that.
Ah, no luck it was not fut-fut ..... So he gets up at dawn to take the first subway, but the first 3 pass under his nose without stopping!
Finally there are 2 in a row that will stop, but no luck, their next stop is "C" or "D", not the next "A" ....
And no luck for him, if he stops at "C" or "D", he will not have a match for the next "A"!

There we have a monument! The trains will no longer fail to run on liquid nitrogen!
0 x
Christophe

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by Christophe » 13/02/20, 19:32

sicetaitsimple wrote:(...)

There we have a monument! The trains will no longer fail to run on liquid nitrogen!

I admit there you killed me! PTDR! : Cheesy:

Here I speak the kids!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/02/20, 22:06

before making fun, animations would be more meaningful.

there is undoubtedly a game of "cat and mouse" between the oars.

concerning the cost of the conductors, that is not inevitably prohibitive, all the more that one can automate the lines

regarding the costs of the material, not obvious that it is more expensive.

concerning the energy aspects, if the trains have less hit cycles, it is a priori less energy-consuming, and we must not forget that there is recovery under braking (when one train brakes, the other starts again, hence the interest of cat and mouse games on the rails)

For the moment I am curious about Patrice's ideas.
0 x
Patrice072LeMans
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Patrice072LeMans » 13/02/20, 22:38

To answer "sicetaitsimple":
« the good, hard-working guy who starts early. He lives near station B, and he must go to the next station "A" "He sees two trains arriving at the same time, BD at the head of the station and BC at the end of the station, so if he wants to go to B, C, D, he can get on a two train. But unfortunately he has to wait for the next train to go to A, which passes 2 minutes later… it's bald, it's like when you wait for the bus on the street and 50 cars pass in front of you…

To answer "izentrop", " 2 half-trains instead of a large one, but in this case also 2 locomotives and 2 drivers »But the automatic metros no longer have a driver and already have a power train per wagon, we are no longer in 1900 ...

To answer "bardal" If a half-metro follows a metro that stops at a station where it itself does not stop, how does it do it? He jumps over it? He pushes him ? … The diagram clearly shows that the metros never double.

The advantage is that two trains arrive at the same time and allow you to go to 3/4 of the stations, you just have to get at the head of the station or at the end of the station ... for the last quarter, we wait the next train.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/20, 22:54

Remundo wrote:and we must not forget that there is recovery under braking (when one train brakes, the other starts again, hence the interest of cat and mouse games on the rails)

There is much less energy recovery in the railway than one would think ...

If there are 10% overall I think it's huge ...

As for the diagram I put it tomorrow on the server!
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/02/20, 00:21

normally the metros are equipped with reversible current machines, braking injects power on the rails, accelerations and running at constant speed draw.

it would be good to have the technical opinion of RATP machinists on this subject.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 00:34

normally yes ... in theory yes ... in practice it is much less optimized than that ... the heat of the metro is a clue ... if it were so optimized it would not heat that much!

I think it's quite simple to find some info on it.

I would also be very curious to know the consumption of a metro in wh / passenger.km annualized and all inclusive (stations, consumption, annexes ...) ... you can compare it to your lodging!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 00:56

Easy ... the RATP consumes ... 1,4 billion kwh per year, 62% of which for the metro alone !! 1 billion kWh ca 1 TWh ... it is 1000h of production of a nuclear reactor ... approximately ... : Cheesy:

It remains to find the annual passenger km.and we will have the answer ... I predict a good> 100 Wh / passenger km!

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alimentat ... o_de_Paris

The Paris metro consumed three million kilowatt-hours of electricity in 1900, and in 1994 more than one billion kilowatt-hours12. In 2004, the annual consumption of the Paris metro was equivalent to that of a city of 120 inhabitants000.
In 2008, the energy consumed by RATP amounted to 1,4 billion kWh per year, the equivalent of the annual electricity consumption of a city of 350 inhabitants, such as Nice. The electrical power required during peak hours is 000 megawatts (MW) 260.
Share of energy consumed by traction (69,7%)
Metro: 40,6%
RER: 27,8%
Tram: 1,3%
Share of energy consumed by lighting, ventilation, escalators, elevators, etc. (30,3%)
Stations and tunnels: (21%)
Administrative buildings: (3,7%)
Bus network: (3,6%)
Workshops: (2%)
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 14/02/20, 01:03

Patrice072LeMans wrote: ... / ...
To answer "bardal" If a half-metro follows a metro that stops at a station where it itself does not stop, how does it do it? He jumps over it? He pushes him ? ... The diagram shows that the metros never double.
... / ...

I suspected a little... : Twisted:

In the same way, no train will push the other, or will not jump over it, except accident of course… Which means that, in the best case, the "gain" for 1 passenger will be the time necessary for a station. , no more… All this at the cost of a complexification and a cost multiplied by two…

Indeed, maybe with a little liquid nitrogen ...
0 x
Patrice072LeMans
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Patrice072LeMans » 14/02/20, 06:14

To answer "bardal", This means that, in the best case, the "gain" for 1 traveler will be the time needed for a station, no more.
The gain will be to travel 50% faster, because each train stops on average only once in 2.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."