2 percent before the end of the world

philosophical debates and companies.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 2 percent before the end of the world

by GuyGadebois » 14/12/19, 16:59

dede2002 wrote:Now we no longer use incandescent bulbs, and the LEDs stop suddenly, or start blinking.

The weak link in LEDs is the integrated transformer. The parade consists in finding and buying bulbs with an integrated transformer which goes from 85V to 265V, they are more durable and absorb well the fluctuations and the peaks of the network. Avoid the strict 220V and never buy the cheapest.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/12/19, 19:18

It seems that the frequent causes are: the fuse resistor at the input of the circuit (for those which are in 220 V) or a led * which has heated (often indicated by a black point), it can also be a capacitor, sometimes visible from the swelling or deforming (but it can also suck without external signs). Often therefore minor causes that can be fixed without much knowledge. I had already taken a look in the "recycling" bins, but so far I had only found compact fluorescent lamps that I am not interested in (I always thought that was a no - sense of transforming this valid product that is the fluorescent tube into something that loses all its advantages and becomes more unsustainable) ...

* As they are generally assembled in series, a single fault is sufficient, as for Christmas garlands ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/12/19, 00:17

Ahmed wrote:* As they are generally assembled in series, a single fault is sufficient, as for Christmas garlands ...
Even the LED panels that cost an arm and even the flat screens.
I had the opportunity to repair the TV in my living room. It was intended for the trash because of backlight failure. I replaced the 4 strips of 42 LEDs in series. I did not test them because it needed a 60 V power supply ... Maybe only one HS led :?: : Shock:

It was quit or double. For 10 months it has not broken down and I now know how it is made: a mille feuille with strips of LEDs on the edges. Same principle for led panels.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 15/12/19, 14:32

It was easier to repair the first generation LED bulbs, the ones that were soldered from behind on printed circuits. now with smd technology you can only possibly change the whole card.

Regarding the first bulb that still works, it is still obsolete, like all incandescent bulbs currently, even if it was not programmed at the start ...
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"