How to consume less and save?

philosophical debates and companies.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How to consume less and save?

by Ahmed » 12/12/19, 22:12

The explanation was given above: the current economy is configured for abundant energy and any decrease will impact it heavily. These are not the only physical factors to be considered, but their interaction with the economic system.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/12/19, 22:23

And Ahmed finds a very nice touch in the 22m !!!! The public exults !!!!!

And in relation to the question on " it is important not to trust the symmetry of this curve, "?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/12/19, 22:52

... we must follow: the symmetry only represents the quantities of oil, but not the work necessary for extraction which will be much more important than in the deposits previously exploited (in the first half of the curve) since these are the easier which were the first (remember the colonel Drake) ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/12/19, 23:07

Ahmed wrote:... we must follow: the symmetry only represents the quantities of oil, but not the work necessary for extraction which will be much more important than in the deposits previously exploited (in the first half of the curve) since these are the easier which were the first (remember the colonel Drake) ...

Ah but I am! I even wrote a few lines above "But why, on a physical level, should the decrease be much faster than the growth? Knowing that indeed at this stage the price should reflect a certain rarity, therefore "boosting" all that is exploration production.
And you wrote: "above all, do not trust the symmetry of this curve, "

Indeed, if we are content to exploit the resources currently exploited without doing anything more and without putting an extra $, it will drop quickly! You're right in this case!

But I tend to think that this will not be the case ..... And that we will even reactivate deposits yesterday or today abandoned.

Your asserted non-symmetry of the curve is stew, clairvoyance, tarot cards, coffee grounds ..... Neither you nor I know anything about it.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/12/19, 23:21

We have to agree on what is called degrowth: as I said the quantities are symmetrical, but the effort to extract these resources will be much higher and the costs will be passed on to a very petro-dependent economy ( and fragile!). That you see a stimulant there where I see a brake remains indeed a question of interpretation ... : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/12/19, 23:30

Ahmed wrote: like i said the quantities are symmetrical,

Sorry to be a bit vulgar, these are not our habits when we debate! But there you are kidding the mouth of the world! You wrote a little above:

"Above all, do not trust the symmetry of this curve, because the easiest oils to extract are already burnt ... and if we correct the plot of this factor, that is a hell of a game-changer. "
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/12/19, 19:14

Either I am unclear (and I am sorry), or you make rewarded efforts for not understanding: I do not have all the elements to decide ... :?
Symmetry exists at the level of volumes, but not of the reality of the difficulties of extraction and the energy necessary for this purpose. This should be nuanced more or less depending on technological progress on the one hand, and the ever increasing amount of oil consumed on the other (which represents a very different curve).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/12/19, 19:21

Ahmed wrote: I do not have all the elements to decide ...

Exactly, however you wrote a little higher "It is important not to rely on the symmetry of this curve, because the easiest oils to extract are already burned ... and if we correct the plot of this factor, that is a hell of a game-changer.".

It is of course on this sentence that I reacted, with a few arguments, and also saying that "neither you nor I know anything about it".
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/12/19, 20:27

You move a quote out of context to make me say what I never said ... : roll:
A corrected curve would be different from that which represents only the volumes; in what proportion is another story ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/12/19, 20:51

Ahmed wrote:You move a quote out of context to make me say what I never said ... : roll:
A corrected curve would be different from that which represents only the volumes; in what proportion is another story ...

Well, well if you never said it, I'm the one who imagined ... My apologies.
0 x