Producing your seeds

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Grizbi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Producing your seeds

by Grizbi » 05/04/20, 22:37

Moindreffor,

Have you managed to identify your female flowers from your male flowers on your cucumbers?

As much I pollinate by hand on squash / zucchini because easily identifiable and ligatable. As much on the cucumber ... I row !!!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/04/20, 23:09

Grizbi wrote:Moindreffor,

Have you managed to identify your female flowers from your male flowers on your cucumbers?

As much I pollinate by hand on squash / zucchini because easily identifiable and ligatable. As much on the cucumber ... I row !!!

So here you put me a glue because I do not like cucumber at all and I have never done it personally.

I think my wife tried a year but it didn't work out well.

It did not seem to me that it was in his plans to do it again this year.

You would have to ask Didier on his thread.
0 x
Grizbi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grizbi » 05/04/20, 23:31

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Grizbi wrote:Moindreffor,

So here you put me a glue because I do not like cucumber at all and I have never done it personally.

I think my wife tried a year but it didn't work out well.

It did not seem to me that it was in his plans to do it again this year.

You would have to ask Didier on his thread.

Moindreffor wrote:thank you, I will have to look for the male flowers, there it’s raining neat

In fact I was responding to the last message from lessffor which was already exchanging with Didier on the subject last year : Cheesy:

But if your wife has tips, I'm interested. The flower is one, so small that it is difficult I find to transpose the binding of the zucchini / squash flower to the cucumber flower, and two I know that there must be a slight bulge at the base of a female cucumber flower but I really can't see them

I have to put on glasses I think ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/04/20, 23:41

Grizbi wrote:In fact I was responding to the last message from lessffor which was already exchanging with Didier on the subject last year : Cheesy:

But if your wife has tips, I'm interested. The flower is one, so small that it is difficult I find to transpose the binding of the zucchini / squash flower to the cucumber flower, and two I know that there must be a slight bulge at the base of a female cucumber flower but I really can't see them

Ah ok : Mrgreen:

No, my wife doesn't know much about it, it's not too much of a culture that fascinates her either.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/04/20, 11:43

then there, you must explain
I did not find the female flowers on my cucumbers because there were none : Mrgreen:
self-fertile variety a special name that I forgot
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/04/20, 12:19

Grizbi wrote:In fact I was responding to the last message from lessffor which was already exchanging with Didier on the subject last year : Cheesy:

I find that on the video that Didier to post on the previous page we can see the difference, even if the image passes a little quickly perhaps on the male flower
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand