Bike shock absorbers: power and energy consumption?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: Bicycle shock absorbers: power and energy consumption?

by Christophe » 03/12/19, 19:52

Good friends, it's almost Christmas, so I found this, at a good second-hand price, not too far away, so I fell in love, he is over 10 years old but he is very very clean for his age!

This is a VIPER FS 3.0:

Viper_FS_30.jpg
Viper_FS_30.jpg (130.16 Kio) Viewed 3189 times

Viper_FS_30_2.jpg
Viper_FS_30_2.jpg (208.52 KB) Viewed 3189 times

Viper_FS_30_3.jpg
Viper_FS_30_3.jpg (165.22 KB) Viewed 3189 times

I intend to electrify it, I would now have a really healthy base, unlike the 5.0 Rockrider from my 1er Electric ATV!

The advantage, and the link with this subject, is that it has shock absorbers unlockable with a simple lever (AV and AR).

So i will be able answer the question of the energy consumed by the shock absorbers!

It is enough that I make the same journey (several times for more precision) at the same average speed, I would have 2 consumption in Wh / km ... and we will see which will be better and in what proportions!

I already have an idea of ​​mountain bike consumption with the rockrider base: 10 to 17 Wh / km depending on the route and average speed.

I have already found that frank acceleration in electric propulsion was not synonymous with significant overconsumption ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."