Dismantling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Disassembling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 11:53

Christophe wrote:Ok it's the photo that misled me then (or that is not 100% the product you bought ...)

For the duration bin ... roooh must read! I just say it again! A little over 4 but I live alone most of the time ... so divide this time roughly by the number of people who use it! : Cheesy:

And hop, in January, a big leak one morning without warning (after opening for coffee) at the ceramic on hot water ... obliged to close the hot water time for repair ...

Ok I will be vigilant ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Disassembling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 20:04

Here is the beast : Mrgreen:

For the moment RAS but I see where it can escape: it is not at the level of rotation joints in the foot by chance?

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 20:57

Ouhhhh I recognize this bastard threaded rod indémontable! : Mrgreen: Good luck when he starts to run away! I went there, you'll get there too! Yes it looks like it's the same model ... or very close anyway!

Good advice given above to avoid my joke: fat these 2 rods! I did not do it!

Mine was leaking at the ceramic so from the top at the lever: you can see it by removing the lever with a small key 6 pans, the screw is just behind the red / blue pad ...

ps: uh use the image host forum please ... function attachments ... thanks
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 21:27

Christophe wrote:Ouhhhh I recognize this bastard threaded rod indémontable! : Mrgreen: Good luck when he starts to run away! I went there, you'll get there too! Yes it looks like it's the same model ... or very close anyway!

Good advice given above to avoid my joke: fat these 2 rods! I did not do it!

Mine was leaking at the ceramic so from the top at the lever: you can see it by removing the lever with a small key 6 pans, the screw is just behind the red / blue pad ...

ps: uh use the image host forum please ... function attachments ... thanks

Ok I'll make sure ... in my case they are in the thickness of the board.

I do not remember the assembly but there are nuts so in theory if you remove the nut is ok no?

Or did yours rust?

This is the first thing I checked and for the moment no humidity at this level ...

I will be vigilant.

I'm not going to touch anything at the lever level once that stuff is enough to touch once and it's dead. : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 21:54

nico239 wrote:I do not remember the assembly but there are nuts so in theory if you remove the nut is ok no?

Or did yours rust?

1) These are pressure rods (which support a plate that presses on the sink), the nut that is seen protruding is actually a system nut-against nut to handle the rod in question ... the 2 mine were seized I could only disassemble one of the 2 (and if I could not remove one it would have ended the grinder!)

2) You tease me or you do it on purpose (not to look at the beginning of the subject)? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

plumbing-and-health / disassembly-tap-discount-Chinese-flu-dismantled-vs-Grohe-kiwa-t15920.html

Rusty? Yes it's a euphemism! : Cheesy:

Here is what 1ere looked like (the one I disassemble!)

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 21:58

Image do not hit boss not tap ...

In fact it is a bit far but from memory it is on this point that our two faucets differ (if I can afford Image

From memory I have two threaded rods all along their length.

They had to read your subject in anticipation and change their stuff ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 22:06

Yes, it must be that! So you're lucky! : Mrgreen:

But the principle probably remains the same: you have a turntable that pulls the base of the tap on the sink ... you can compare the photo of the 26-year-old Grohe and the 4-year-old "Chinese" on the 1st page .. . as much on the design as on the state ... : Shock:

In your case I do not know what the tap is tight since is not on a sink. If it is on a thick wood, there is a good chance that it will be dismounted (soft wood).
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 22:36

Christophe wrote:Yes, it must be that! So you're lucky! : Mrgreen:

But the principle probably remains the same: you have a turntable that pulls the base of the tap on the sink ... you can compare the photo of the 26-year-old Grohe and the 4-year-old "Chinese" on the 1st page .. . as much on the design as on the state ... : Shock:

In your case I do not know what the tap is tight since is not on a sink. If it is on a thick wood, there is a good chance that it will be dismounted (soft wood).

I pushed it a little in strength in the wooden hole that's for sure.

And, from memory, then I tightened the nuts ...

Well anyway we will not solve the problem today we'll see what happens over time.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 22:38

If it is yours will be years ... 8)

Put a little fat on the 2 rods ... better to prevent!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 22:49

Yaisse ...
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "