Conservation agriculture

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Conservation agriculture

by humus » 07/08/22, 18:40

sicetaitsimple wrote:Another one who didn't understand....

It's interesting...but it tires me of these people who take everything at face value, without making a minimum of effort to understand.
The guy is a market gardener, he is not an academic!
When he says without water, it means without watering.
Big scoop! obviously vegetation needs water to grow.

Indeed, born on the spot, he is not aware of benefiting from rainfall and a climate rather favorable to market gardening.
BUT on the other hand, he says that some years he has absolutely no tomatoes* and that at such times his wife tells him that the activity should be stopped.
*I imagine because of diseases or lack of water?
So his practice is not all rosy either.

Once again the nags of the net who take everything literally without making a minimum of effort to understand, when he says that the agris are lazy, that does not mean that they do not work : roll: , that means they don't do any (sorry, not enough : Mrgreen: ) effort to reflect on their practices, which boil down to: ploughing, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, pesticides and watering.
And the sales technician of the phyto product seller who says which product to apply and when.
So yes, they are lazy not to think about doing otherwise.
And sowing water-hungry plants in areas that are often dry and then emptying the rivers is not thinking either

Well, otherwise, this report is oversold.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/22, 18:59

What is especially disturbing in his remarks is not so much his shortcuts as the peremptory nature of his assertions: the minimum would have been to show more moderation by specifying the conditions which are his and not necessarily those of everyone . I think what irritated a lot of people was the adversarial nature of practices different from his. All generalizations are potentially risky and especially in the field of life.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/08/22, 19:33

The journalist has also probably selected the shocking passages, it is a technique that Elise Lucet commonly uses. the questions are often oriented in the direction determined in advance, obscuring the controversy ...

I would be curious what the market gardener thinks, who probably had more nuanced remarks, cut during the editing.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/22, 20:10

izentrop wrote: I would be curious what the market gardener thinks, who probably had more nuanced remarks, cut during the editing.

It's quite rare, but it can happen to me to be a bitch...
"Summoning" Le Parisien and TF1 and having a speech, let's say a little excessive, is also a good way to create a buzz when a Leetchee kitty (see link above, €60000 already collected) is opened to help him to deal with a fire in its shed, which occurred at the end of May. Of course the reports will still not talk about it, but you come across it directly if you do a search with his name on the Internet.
Mode "bitch language" OFF.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 07/08/22, 20:37

ahmed
I think what irritated a lot of people was the adversarial nature of practices different from his. All generalizations are potentially risky and especially in the field of life.
sorry but I listened and listened again to what this market gardener said, but he does not accuse the peasants. It goes without saying that there is an awkwardness of language which could suggest that he accuses the farmers whereas the analysis of the whole (the whole video), concerns only the behavior of the plants faced with the lack of water and which, watered by humans, will no longer seek this liquid in depth, if it is served on the surface.
in my garden, and you must have already observed it, my plants (little watered) are drooping and turning yellow, while the surrounding "wild" plants are a beautiful green. Similarly, wherever the grass has been mowed recently, it has turned yellow while in the middle, where I have not mowed, the grass, in full sun too, is as green as usual.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/22, 22:22

Janic, notwithstanding any possible clumsiness of language, the monolithic promotion of its practices as opposed to others appears, at the very least, as an indirect criticism.
I join the analyzes ofIzy as well as Sicetaitsimple insofar as (which I did not initially know) a journalist would have intervened and would have carried out the script and/or the editing...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/08/22, 23:02

and what about conversation farming?

:P : Wink:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 08/08/22, 08:16

Remundo wrote:and what about conversation farming?

:P : Wink:

No problem : Mrgreen:

What not to do, especially in Romania and Germany, followed at the very end of what to do, (without water : Mrgreen: )

PS: Climate skeptics are right, the models are wrong, it's worse than expected : Mrgreen:
and 2022 is not even in doc....

Or even what to do, which in addition induces a naturally consequent storage of carbon (CO2) in the soil by plants. 51,4 tonnes of CO2/ha/year! around 56 minutes : Shock:

There you go, we keep it alive! : Lol:
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/08/22, 08:47

07/08/22, 22:22
ahmed
Janic, notwithstanding any possible clumsiness of language, the monolithic promotion of his practices as opposed to others appears, at the very least, as an indirect criticism.
any different practice can be and is a direct or indirect criticism of that of others and vice versa.
I agree with the analyzes of Izy and Sicetaitsimple insofar as (which I did not initially know) a journalist would have intervened and would have carried out the script and/or the editing...
like all external interventions, generally from people who are incompetent on the subject or who defend their own conception of the subject in question.
We see him on this site addressing non-conformist questions on different subjects such as currently on vaccines in the face of the usual conservatives.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/08/22, 08:57

humus wrote: naturally significant storage of carbon (CO2) in the soil by plants. 51,4 tonnes of CO2/ha/year! around 56 minutes
No answer to this question, sorry...
Nicolas Guyonnaud
2 weeks ago (edited)
Thank you for this instructive video! On the other hand for the rate of organic matter that you present, the passage from 1.4 to 8,8% I learned that the rate of organic matter in itself does not mean anything if it is not associated with the rate of clay, clearly the ratio of the MO/Clay rate, if we are at 12% we are low, at 17% we are good, 24% is great!
see the role of soil carbon in agriculture:

So my question is what is the percentage of clay in the soils of the Cagnole farm? And would it be wiser to present the MO/Clay ratio rather than just the MO rate? it would be less confusing! because 1.4% of MO with a clay rate of 10% is very correct! but at 40% clay it is very low.
0 x