Abbé Pierre and Charlie Chaplin, the first 2 #Yellowjackets

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Re: The Abbé Pierre and Charlie Chaplin, the first 2 #JetetsJaunes

by Christophe » 14/01/19, 19:44

Ahmed wrote:I would translate by "among" and I do not see why a "mens" which does not mean anything and which obviously does not pronounce Chaplin.

Yes among would be correct too ...

For the menS I agree this does not exist (but I am not an English teacher either ...) and I am only seeing what google translation suggests ... : Idea:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 14/01/19, 20:06

Can we imagine Abbé Pierre preventing people from passing or asking them to say "Macron resignation"? Ridiculous!
Father Pierre is the complete opposite of a yellow waistcoat, he is an altruistic individualist. That is to say that he does not expect everything from the State, he does not spend his time criticizing it, acts positively and in his own personal way (reason for which I speak of individualism, not to be confused with selfishness), especially with the creation of Emmaus, but even before, see his political journey, as well as in the resistance.
Having easy indignation is accessible to anyone, even with a yellow cardigan. Father Pierre went far beyond, raising awareness, being constructive and leading by example. Even if he would probably support them, we are far with him, very far, from many street bawlers who never paid in person for the others and who, outside the group, no longer exists.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/19, 22:28

Abbot Pierre was a great media success because it represented a harmless critic who attacked the consequences and not the causes (the two continue!). As a result, he channeled with his action a number of demands in a direction that did not overshadow, on the contrary, political and economic powers.
The State having extended as much as possible its prerogatives, it is quite logical at first and in the urgency to address it to obtain at least the abandonment of measures which will degrade the living conditions of many people . In a second step, it will be judicious for the movement of the YGs to determine their orientations independently.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Society and Philosophy"