Connect a small generator on the EDF network Enedis 50 Hz 230V AC?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Connect a small generator on the EDF network Enedis 50 Hz 230V AC?

by thibr » 10/12/18, 19:24

a rectifier a big condo and a network injection UPS : Mrgreen:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Connect a small generator on the EDF network Enedis 50 Hz 230V AC?

by Forhorse » 10/12/18, 23:03

Remundo wrote:
I have already tested genes on different loads (but never on the network) and the regulation is not very brilliant; some go to safety as soon as the "coupling", others start backfire until choking if you insist ... others trip at full power and decoupling from the load.

that's not the fault of the generator, but the engine and its limitations. A heat engine can not accept a brute load of more than 30%.

Specifically, on a group of 1000W, if you try to make him feed a load of more than 300W, it is likely to stall. Once this load of 300W fed, it is necessary not to believe that it will be able to start again another one of 300W, its limit will be 30% of what remains is 210W, and so on.

But that does not change anything in our history of synchronization with the network ... normally if we do things well, at the time of synchronization we are "empty" ie in phase and with a voltage of the same amplitude, therefore I = 0.
Only then do we accelerate the motor so that the group delivers in the network (network which will impose the speed on the generator ... and therefore on the motor but not its load: the more the motor will try to accelerate the generator, which will not be able to not accelerate since it is wedged on the network, the more it will deliver to "dissipate" the energy that tends to try to make it accelerate. In the extreme, if you have a motor that is too powerful compared to the generator, the current drawn will be too high, and there, since normally we have placed a circuit breaker of suitable rating, it trips. To be quite clear, what defines the current drawn by the generator is not its "size" but the mechanical energy it receives)
In short, I repeat again, but you are looking for complications where there are none.
Generators were already synchronized more than a century ago without any electronic component.
0 x