Easypell boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

Re: Easypell boiler setting

by Did67 » 10/01/19, 18:19

1) No. There must be a "variator" or a 3-speed dial? Piloting by regulation is on / off (in the absence of a heating request, to limit electricity consumption)

2) No. The boiler is kept at 60 ° minimum. Normally, if it is well parameterized, it is 65 to 75 or 78 ° C.

There is an integrated "temperature reading" system at the return level: cold water arrives from the outside, mixes with hot water at say 65 ° ... The surfaces in contact with the combustion gases should remain above 60 °. With pellets, it condenses at worst at 55 °, so there is even a margin.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 10/01/19, 22:35

Perfect. Thank you.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 10/02/19, 20:38

Bonjour à tous

Is there a way to see the average duration of the heating cycles on the Easypell? I can not find the information in the doc but it would be surprising if it was not saved somewhere. I think I have very short cycles (about 20 minutes I would say).

Thank you in advance
Thomas
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 10/02/19, 22:05

I am answering myself and if it can be useful to others ... There is no information on the regulation but you have to go hack on the boiler screen by pressing the "down" keys at the same time "and" up "for 3 seconds. We then have access to some interesting information.
For my part, the burner has turned 66 360 min since the end of October for 2 764 startup which is an average of 24 min per cycle. I do not know if there is possibility to increase the duration of these cycles (my boiler is an 16kw)?

If anyone has an answer ...
Thank you
0 x
zeehood
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeehood » 08/04/19, 14:17

Hello everybody

I've been reading this thread carefully since I had an Easypell installed at home in Beaujolais at the start of winter. I find that it works well, and my home being relatively well insulated, I do not encounter the problems sometimes mentioned of difficulty in heating (although it is more a question of regulation problems, some having to ask for 21 to have 19 degrees) . On the other hand, I have serious doubts about the proper functioning, precisely, of my regulation. Let me explain: I have the configuration of the ext probe + room thermostat and thermostatic heads, and the boiler produces the DHW. In hot weather (8 degrees and more), the boiler obeys more or less the set temperature (I ask for 19 during the day, and I want 16 at night; I have 19, but never 16, always more). My problem therefore seems to be with the "reduced" temperature setpoint, which I never manage to obtain, especially in cold weather (5 degrees and less). There, the boiler is working no longer (normal, you will say to me), I still get my daytime setpoint through overconsumption (still normal), but the temperature hardly drops at night! I have 19 degrees all the time, which induces an overconsumption of granules, and affects my comfort (I like 16 for sleeping). Before trying the forum, I asked the advice of the installer, who congratulated me on the quality of my insulation, and asked not to change the settings too much. Except that I know that the insulation doesn't have much to do with it, since when I run out of pellets in cold weather, the temperature in the morning drops without worry to 16-17 degrees ... put to rest, therefore, and a technician who certifies me that the regulation works. I would also like to point out that I made adjustments to the heating curve when I only had the ext probe and the thermo heads (always left at 20 °), with the boiler's "compensation" mode on "0". I then requested the installation of the room thermostat and activated the correction, thinking that this would solve the problem. What a slab! The comfort instructions always seem to me to be well respected, but at night it is always hot. Once again, the hotter it is outside, the less I feel this phenomenon, which seems logical to me because the temperature drops less at night and it is normal to have "easily" 19 in the morning.
After countless attempts at fine adjustments, I went through extreme adjustments to see if they caused any reactions: currently, I have a Water Law at 2, a Fixed Point at 20, a "compensation" at 10 and I ask for 0 ° at night. Guess what ? I still have 19 :). I understand that the boiler has to be re-lit often to keep warm and to produce DHW, but why is there hot water circulating in my heaters at night? The only effective solution so far has been to close a little thermo heads at night ... we saw more modern as regulation by heating curves.

Two questions then, and forgiveness for the length of the subject:
- Is there an error in my understanding of the heating curves, and what can I do to find the solution and lower 3 ° the night temperature?
- How can I be sure that regulation works properly? Has been installed?

I realize that these questions should be clarified by the installer, but he has come from far enough and is not the talkative guy on the phone; however, I will try again on occasion. As for the company that provided me with the overall service, I prefer not to mention the subject ...

Thank you in advance and good day !

Benjamin
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 29/04/19, 19:21

Hello,

First thing, unless you have misunderstood your explanations, to adjust your heating curve must leave all the thermostatic valves in the maximum open position.

Then (unless your correction is on zero), when switching to reduced mode your circulator should stop the circulation of your heating circuit if the setpoint is exceeded; which is the case if it is 19 ° C during the passage in reduced.
On what value is your correction?
What is the value of your hysteresis?
0 x