Lazy garden ... help

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Lazy Potager's Kitchen ... help

by Did67 » 22/01/19, 16:20

Here, happy and very timely:

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/ ... _3244.html

(alas, subscribers only - or buy the number dated today?)
0 x
Jérôme
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jérôme » 22/01/19, 16:37

We find the report here:
http://invs.santepubliquefrance.fr/Publ ... es-adultes
France is not very advanced on this point ...
And then we see that the change will not be easy, see for example page 20 the small survey "dried vegetables".
Many answers are motivated by egocentric thinking.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/01/19, 20:00

Jerome wrote:More generally "meat" has a direct impact
- our planet
- our health to a certain extent
- it must be remembered, the animals
Put all or part of these points under the carpet is it possible?

we agree,
for animal suffering, it's out of context, I agree that in some slaughterhouses, morons do their job bad, but the man with respect to animals developed strange behaviors, we will criticize the way of to slaughter an animal, but we will marvel at the videos of dogs or cats that are affuble of anything or that is forced to do things that they must not appreciate, it is also a suffering animal
So once again, Man is not reasoned, so it's a return to the reason I'm looking for, but a global return,

when I was an aquarium enthusiast there was great debate about how to kill a fish without suffering, while most aquarists buy their fish in a pet shop where there is a margin of seven to make up for losses, and do not practice breeding and the exchange
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/01/19, 20:05

Moindreffor, I find your argument strange: should we accept violence because of the existence of another being exercised in an opposite context?
This opposition is, moreover, only apparent, since both are an instrumentalization of other animals (ie: non-humans).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/01/19, 20:18

Ahmed wrote:Moindreffor, I find your argument strange: should we accept violence because of the existence of another being exercised in an opposite context?
This opposition is, moreover, only apparent, since both are an instrumentalization of other animals (ie: non-humans).

I just do not accept either, I just say that one gets people to the niches and the other makes them applaud and like, it's this contradiction that I wanted to highlight

a well-slaughtered animal suffers only a few seconds, an animal transformed into something to have likes on social networks suffers him for years, but nobody cares, since it is even sometimes encouraged

so I say we put the magnifying glass on what we want to see ... when we stop trying to select dogs without hair, to reproduce and trade, I do not see much of vegans to tackle such topics, yet there is good animal exploitation and abuse
0 x
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/01/19, 20:30

... we are in a society of the spectacle and each one of its aspects influences on its presentation ... The contradiction which you observe corresponds to this founding myth of the superiority of the Western white man on all things, in some way his deification secular (which explains structural atheism).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/01/19, 20:35

Ahmed wrote:... we are in a society of the spectacle and each one of its aspects influences on its presentation ... The contradiction which you observe corresponds to this founding myth of the superiority of the Western white man on all things, in some way his deification secular (which explains structural atheism).

it's complicated to say that man decides unreasonably what is right or wrong : Mrgreen:
but I like, because very fair
0 x
(of me)
Jérôme
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jérôme » 22/01/19, 21:24

Moindreffor wrote:a well-slaughtered animal suffers only a few seconds

Well, it's strange, you really think that's the rule and that the suffering in breeding is limited only at the time of killing?

Moindreffor wrote:so I say we put the magnifying glass on what we want to see ...

It also happens that we put the magnifying glass on something for 1 / continue to ignore the main problem and 2 / try to discredit those who fight it.

That said, the nasty mania of selecting animals unfit for a normal life for our interest / enjoyment - hairless or otherwise - seems to me quite detestable.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 23/01/19, 10:49

Jerome wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:a well-slaughtered animal suffers only a few seconds

Well, it's strange, you really think that's the rule and that the suffering in breeding is limited only at the time of killing?

Moindreffor wrote:so I say we put the magnifying glass on what we want to see ...

It also happens that we put the magnifying glass on something for 1 / continue to ignore the main problem and 2 / try to discredit those who fight it.

That said, the nasty mania of selecting animals unfit for a normal life for our interest / enjoyment - hairless or otherwise - seems to me quite detestable.

well we will not advance much, I will just say that animals raised in bad conditions, are animals low coast, so fight against the sale of these animals there, seems to me laudable and necessary, but to choose a label red, an organic (if the standards are stricter in the conditions of breeding and not only on food), or a short circuit (where we know the breeder) would be the best solution to improve the animal condition, so do not put everything in the same basket
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/01/19, 19:25

Did67 wrote:Ah, the French and their contradictions: "Today, four out of five French people are in favor of a total abolition of intensive breeding and one in three households declares themselves flexitarian."

Vegetarians are roughly 2% of the French population.

Flexitarian, by chance, it's flexible as a definition. I must be, I think?

A third of French households have at least one "flexitarian", that is to say an individual who reduces his consumption of animal protein (meat, fish, eggs, dairy products)

I have at least halved ... The red meat by 50 ...

I was born flexitarian ... well let's say that my mother raised me like that ....

When to red meat ... yuck

But on the other hand I have no militant approach on the subject: everyone eats well what he wants according to his convictions that they are religious or ecologists
0 x