"Saving" the planet or the climate: what is fashion telling us?

philosophical debates and companies.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "Save" the planet or the climate: what does fashion tell us?

by Ahmed » 16/09/19, 22:11

The whole question remains: is this a reasonable objective? From this point of view, the damage to the biosphere remains ... and, as you rightly note, this is only a configuration reserved for materially rich countries and, moreover, quite vague.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/09/19, 22:36

Ahmed wrote:The whole question remains: is this a reasonable objective? From this point of view, the damage to the biosphere remains ... and, as you rightly note, this is only a configuration reserved for materially rich countries and, moreover, quite vague.

You know, I am a little "peasant" in my reasoning .... It does not seem abnormal to me that it is in "rich" countries that the question arises of reducing its energy consumption rather than in countries "poor" where globally people aspire to a little more "comfort", in the broad sense.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/09/19, 11:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Ahmed wrote:The whole question remains: is this a reasonable objective? From this point of view, the damage to the biosphere remains ... and, as you rightly note, this is only a configuration reserved for materially rich countries and, moreover, quite vague.

You know, I am a little "peasant" in my reasoning .... It does not seem abnormal to me that it is in "rich" countries that the question arises of reducing its energy consumption rather than in countries "poor" where globally people aspire to a little more "comfort", in the broad sense.

Especially since their ecological footprint ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)