Vegetable conservation? freezing

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Vegetable conservation? freezing

by A.D. 44 » 19/04/20, 20:33

Really thank you for your advice from your experiences.

Regarding green beans, I have had feedback from neighbors who have cultivated for a long time and who all (or almost) advise against freezing them, they tell me that they become "elastic" :-). Not good what ...

For peas, for them, no worries. According to them it is even better than any other means of preservation (at our disposal, I do not speak of deep-freezing ... or another process).

But for the zucchini and eggplant they didn't really know ... Hence my request here !!!

Thank you
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/04/20, 21:14

Dehydration is the solution.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 19/04/20, 21:16

AD 44 wrote:Really thank you for your advice from your experiences.

Regarding green beans, I have had feedback from neighbors who have cultivated for a long time and who all (or almost) advise against freezing them, they tell me that they become "elastic" :-). Not good what ...

For peas, for them, no worries. According to them it is even better than any other means of preservation (at our disposal, I do not speak of deep-freezing ... or another process).

But for the zucchini and eggplant they didn't really know ... Hence my request here !!!

Thank you

green beans I pre-cooked for a long time and not great, then one day there was no time I put like that in the bags and in the freezer, with my wife we ​​love it, my son prefers canned food, it's true that afterwards the freezer can be cooked more or less, so more or less crunchy according to taste, "elastic" beans it is a problem if we make them blanch it seems to me to remember, but abandoned for a long time so maybe not
but since I put them like that directly in the freezer it's TOP
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/04/20, 21:28

AD 44 wrote:Regarding green beans, I have had feedback from neighbors who have cultivated for a long time and who all (or almost) advise against freezing them, they tell me that they become "elastic" :-). Not good what ...

The best thing is that you form your own opinion with a few limited tests.
But as I wrote above, do not confuse "freezing at home" and "deep freezing in manufacturers".
Green beans frozen at home are just not good if you want to eat them as beans, at least from my experience. If you want to mix it in a soup, why not ....
Green beans frozen, so very quickly cooled, it's totally different, basically it looks and it has the consistency and taste, even if it is not of course a fresh green bean. But it's completely edible.
0 x