Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

Re: Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

by Did67 » 09/03/18, 09:18

Phil532140 wrote:
Did 67, the minimum temperature is 34 ° Is it good? What do you think is the "tricky" parameter that should not be limited too low? (HT? I set it at 80 °) What value would you put?

Just under this parameter, there is a parameter that I do not understand (AP) which is a multiplier / value of the temperature necessary for an increase of 1 ° of the environment ... I tested the parameter, plus it is lowered more the requested temperature (IP 71) increases: Do you know how to explain the principle?
Thank you again for your involvement and your feedback.
Philippe.

I do not know if I did not mix the pliers: it is the maximum starting time that it is not necessary, in your case, to restrain too much. This is used in particular to protect heated floors. But if I remember correctly, you still have "old jacks" as radiators, and there we can - and must - send fairly hot water. So check that this parameter (maximum starting temp) is not 55 ° for example ...

The factor you mention seems to me to be what we call the "slope" of a heating curve ... Basically: the more you go up the number, and the more when the outside temperature drops, the starting temperature increases (the V3V opens, if you want). This is the very principle of a heating curve.

Another thing to do is adjust the heating curve - a long-term adjustment. While researching "heating curve" or "Okofen boiler setting", you should find old posts in which I describe point by point how to "empirically" adjust - without calculations, without instruments), a heating curve ...
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 09/03/18, 21:01

12 ° outside and here is the boiler that has trouble reaching the set 19 ° inside ... I go back the curve? It seems to you a lot of water at 36 ° requested for 20 ° ext?

36 ° curve for 20 ° and 79 ° for -15 °?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/03/18, 08:27

Phil532140 wrote:12 ° outside and here is the boiler that has trouble reaching the set 19 ° inside ... I go back the curve? It seems to you a lot of water at 36 ° requested for 20 ° ext?

36 ° curve for 20 ° and 79 ° for -15 °?

for 20 ° external temp, there is no need for heating so 36 ° is sufficient.
but first of all, I repeat myself, observe what your boiler does. is the starting water actually at the temperature required by the curve.
does V3V do yoyo, etc.
you have to have the patience to stay a little in front of the boiler and understand what is happening.
to raise the temperatures at a moment T is very often insufficient especially if the boiler oscillates without stop in mode on / off / on or that the V3V does the yoyo opening / closing.
0 x
Click my signature
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 10/03/18, 08:35

Thank you for this new return

I spent a good part of the afternoon yesterday in front of the beast. It was there that I noticed that the v3v was in the middle (so it could send more) but that the indoor temperature had not risen to 19 ° since the morning ... As if the heating curve had not was not "strong" enough ...
For 19 ° setpoint with 10 ° ext, the requested temp was of the order of 40 °
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/03/18, 09:26

Phil532140 wrote:Thank you for this new return

For 19 ° setpoint with 10 ° ext, the requested temp was of the order of 40 °

ok, good point. you were therefore in a "stable" situation over a fairly long period.
I propose to note these 3 values ​​for different cases:
departure time
actual internal temperature (for a fixed setpoint of 20 ° for example)
temp ext
and then when you have a significant number of values, especially with quite different outside temperatures, you can put all that in my chart excel and find the right values ​​of curve and slope foot.
heating slope3.jpg
heating slope3.jpg (117.63 KIO) Viewed 7602 times

my file is made for an 20 ° room instruction
you enter several values ​​of temp ext ext and temp int
you can already check that the actual tempers are in line with the current heating curve.
then you move the 2 values ​​down to bring the purple slope on the blue and you have your new values.
heating slope3.xls
(28 KB) Downloaded times 506
1 x

Click my signature
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 10/03/18, 09:53

Super tool thank you!
Can I change the setpoint temperature to 19 °? The cells are protected ...
The current foot is the minimum temperature of the water and not the temperature of the water required for 20 °
Sorry if my question seems stupid to you ;-)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/03/18, 10:29

sorry, I did that at the time to avoid changing formulas but it does not matter much. you will have a line parallel to that of 20 °
on the other hand, on your boiler, the slope is defined by 4 points instead of a foot + slope. you have to do a little trigo to find the values.
yes, the curve foot is the minimum temperature of the starting water.
0 x

Click my signature
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/03/18, 16:05

dirk pitt wrote:ok, good point. you were therefore in a "stable" situation over a fairly long period.
departure time
temp ext
and then when you have a significant number of values, especially with quite different outside temperatures, you can put all that in my chart excel and find the right values ​​of curve and slope foot.

A comment I would like you to validate. It seems to me that to make these surveys, it is desirable to get rid of other regulatory fixes and therefore:
- deactivate the effect of the interior sensor (Phil spoke of "interior thermostat" a little above)
- open the thermostatic valves fully.

What do you think?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/18, 19:27

sicetaitsimple wrote:
dirk pitt wrote:ok, good point. you were therefore in a "stable" situation over a fairly long period.
departure time
temp ext

A comment I would like you to validate. It seems to me that to make these surveys, it is desirable to get rid of other regulatory fixes and therefore:
- deactivate the effect of the interior sensor (Phil spoke of "interior thermostat" a little above)
- open the thermostatic valves fully.

What do you think?

Yes. And wait for thermal equilibrium - in a house with high inertia, it can take 24 or 48 h ...

Finally, it is often necessary to correct the slope by "very cold". It is then that a small deviation which goes unnoticed when temperatures vary in too narrow a field ("mild weather") turns out to be quite significant. This year, it's probably rapped ... It will be necessary (perhaps, because sometimes, we fall right too!) To review that to adjust a little ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/03/18, 20:36

the correction by the room sensor only shifts the heating slope parallel to the red line of my graph.
for thermostats, they must be open.
0 x

Click my signature