Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

by Phil532140 » 05/03/18, 08:31

Hello Dirk,
I see values ​​everywhere on the doc ... Not easy for a Boeotian ...
Dirk if you have time to look at the doc. RV from the 20 page. (Settings between 20 page and 24)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx11- ... NYOFJZZ0Ew

Thank you in advance.
Philippe.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/03/18, 13:19

Hello,

I looked at the doc, indeed it is very bushy and I will not allow myself to give advice.

On the other hand I have a question a little more basic: we see p13 / 43 that you have the choice for a radiator circuit between the very low temperature 55 / 45 and a 75 / 55 regime which is the one set on your boiler.

The problem is that if your radiators are old (especially in the initial home), it is likely that they were sized for 90 / 70. In other words, they provide their maximum power for an input temperature of 90 ° C and an output temperature of 70 ° C, hence 60 ° C of deltaT with the part (90 + 70) / 2 = 80, T piece 20 ° C, 80-20 = 60.

If they are powered with 75 / 55, the deltaT will be only 45 ° C (65-20) so they go much less heat.

Do you know what is the date of installation of radiators?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/03/18, 14:12

I took a quick look.
I guess the temperature you tried to move (55 to 65) was the 12 parameter on the 27 page.
I would like to know the values ​​of the following parameters:
27 page:
then, check the hardware config: do you have at least one of the small option cards under the main board:
boiler1.jpg
hottie1.jpg (88.02 KIO) Viewed 6919 times

and are the X3 and X6 connectors on the small board going to the 3 channel and the circulator.
and do you have another circulator (boiler circuit) connected in X7 of the motherboard?
last question, do you have an outdoor temperature sensor?
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 05/03/18, 18:33

dirk pitt wrote:lowering the boiler protection temperature would prevent the pump from shutting down and help to have less thermal disturbances but it is absolutely not desirable for the longevity of the boiler heating body.
in any case, if the boiler temperature falls below 55 ° while its set point is (should be) around the 70 ° is that there is a disturbance so huge that it must be sought and eliminated .

I already think that 55 ° is a little play with fire, if I can use this expression ...

Generally, this value (I confirm what was written dirk pitt: it is a value of the water in the boiler, intended to protect the heating bodies against the condensations, which start towards 55 ° when the combustion of the pellets is Optimized - minimum combustion air not to throw calories through the flue pipe) is rather 60 ° C among the Austrian top ...

I did not take the time to peel the docs: the nominal temperature of the boiler is it paramétrable ??? (on mine, this is the case).

This is the temperature that the autopilot aims to achieve: below, the boiler tends to modulate upwards; above, it modulates downward; so that at equilibrium, it stabilizes towards 70 ° ...

When the boiler makes the yoyo, it may be appropriate to go back a little this parameter (be careful, it is very very sensitive: up to 1 ° or 2 maxi) ...
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 08/03/18, 16:28

Dirk, Did37,
Thank you for your answers.

Dirk, yes it is the 12 parameter that I modified.
For the other parameters of the 27 page, I have:
14 = 74 °
15 = 83 °
= 16 1.0
= 17 100.0

Yes I have a probe of T ° ext, I also have the thermostat inside.

As soon as I have time to open the beast, I answer you on the electronic part.

So, is the nominal temperature of the boiler 74 °? Should we change it?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/03/18, 18:23

Phil532140 wrote:
Dirk, yes it is the 12 parameter that I modified.
For the other parameters of the 27 page, I have:
14 = 74 °
15 = 83 °
= 16 1.0
= 17 100.0

Yes I have a probe of T ° ext, I also have the thermostat inside.

As soon as I have time to open the beast, I answer you on the electronic part.

So, is the nominal temperature of the boiler 74 °? Should we change it?

The translation for parameter 14 says "set boiler temperature". Which in effect seems to correspond to what is often referred to as "nominal temperature" - the one the boiler is trying to achieve.

74 ° seems high to me. I'm more used to pellet boilers which "navigate" (modulate) between 65 and 75 or 78 °. With nominal telperatures around 68 to 70 ° ...

With a max temp of 78 ° C (which corresponds to your 15 parameter).

I don't know the algorithm that manages the modulation. But in general, the higher the nominal temperature, the more the boiler will "push" its modulation upwards. And more, like these nervous drivers, it does not stop accelerating and going into the wall, that is to say, brake too late and come to a stop ...

For parameter 12, I will not go below 60 °, knowing that if the pump stops at 60 °, that does not mean that there are not "cold spots" (eg near the point return inlet), where the temperature may be lower. The risk is that corrosion points will form ... This parameter 12 protects your boiler! Normally, when the interior temperature drops and reaches 60 °, on the one hand the hot water withdrawals stop and on the other hand the boiler is normally "full blast" ...

But first of all:

1) note all the changes you make, to be able to go back.

2) Make only one change at a time, and leave yourself two or three days to observe the effects.

One or the other setting seems suspicious to me: for example 16 = 1.00 (it makes no sense to want to reduce a boiler to a minimum power equal to 1% of its nominal power. In general, it is 25 or 30. Below, it is better for the boiler to stop and restart later - earlier than to function as a "smokehouse"!
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 08/03/18, 18:38

Thank you

What do you recommend to me as a first modification?
To lower the nominal temperature to 70 °?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/03/18, 18:49

I just saw on page 16, a whole bunch of parameters related to the regulation and the heating curve.

You would have to take your courage in both hands and go through these elements - date and clock; comfort temp set, reduced temp set; among these there is a "tricky" parameter: "the leaving temperature limit" (check that it has not been limited too low) ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 08/03/18, 19:06

Before touching the boiler settings, I advise you to lower the circulator speed and then observe what happens during a complete cycle when opening the V3V. I think the problem comes from a cold burst that lowers too quickly the boiler temperature and / or a phase difference between the boiler temperature and the opening V3V.
so for now, I'll put the temperature as the DID67 said the 12 ° temp60 and that's it.
the text on the parameter 14 makes me suspect a modulation of the boiler temperature depending on the outside temperature which is possible on a boiler oil or gas but works very badly on a granulated boiler whose reactions are slow.
0 x

Click my signature
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 08/03/18, 21:51

Dirk pitt, I already lowered the circulator to the mini and I'm pretty happy with the result ... I put the 12 parameter on 60 ° now.

Did 67, the minimum temperature is 34 ° Is it good? What do you think is the "tricky" parameter that should not be limited too low? (HT? I set it at 80 °) What value would you put?

Just under this parameter, there is a parameter that I do not understand (AP) which is a multiplier / value of the temperature necessary for an increase of 1 ° of the environment ... I tested the parameter, plus it is lowered more the requested temperature (IP 71) increases: Do you know how to explain the principle?
Thank you again for your involvement and your feedback.
Philippe.
0 x