Recycling loop furnace thermosiphon boiler

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Recirculation loop boiler boiler thermosiphon

by Ahmed » 26/02/18, 23:13

I think there are some misunderstandings from you when you write:
On the other hand, in a thermosiphon installation, the hot water rises then it goes down again to be cooled.

In reality, hot water tends to rise because its density is lower and after cooled in heat exchangers (radiators), its density increases, which tends to bring it down.

Further:
I do not understand. How to keep the temperature high enough?

Due to the use of thermostatic valves, it is possible to dissipate only the necessary heat in the living rooms despite a high water temperature in the circuit, temperature maintained by a sufficiently bright fire (well, it's of course easier with an automatic boiler controlled by a probe ...), this to avoid the dew point.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
lil
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lil » 27/02/18, 15:08

Ahmed wrote:In reality, hot water tends to rise because its density is lower and after cooled in heat exchangers (radiators), its density increases, which tends to bring it down.

Yes, I think we agree, it's just that I guess in reality, the hot water starts to cool as soon as it comes out of the boiler. So a vertical departure sufficiently high at the exit of the boiler makes it possible to launch the circulation. And then we can start going down. This is what we see on the diagram of the manufacturer posted above, the tubes stop climbing and even begin to come down before reaching the radiators.

Further:
I do not understand. How to keep the temperature high enough?

Due to the use of thermostatic valves, it is possible to dissipate only the necessary heat in the living rooms despite a high water temperature in the circuit, temperature maintained by a sufficiently bright fire (well, it's of course easier with an automatic boiler controlled by a probe ...), this to avoid the dew point.

Yes I think I understand. I take this for a board of use to save the life of the boiler: make sure the fire is bright enough to warm the radiators and maintain a sufficiently high return temperature.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/02/18, 18:33

Your first point does not seem very clear to me ...
The fact that the radiators are located a little lower than the top of the circuit does not change much the principle of the thermosiphon: as long as the water column is cooled in the good part (if we can say!) circuit (ie the opposite of the rising hot water column), its higher density will contribute to the circulation of the whole. So, the water that comes out of the short loop of your diagram can not play the role that you wish it ...

You perfectly understood what I wanted to say about the second point! 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
lil
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lil » 27/02/18, 21:01

I started the installation. It may take me a few days. I'll keep you informed.

Thank you 8)
0 x