Creation and maintenance of an orchard

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Creation and maintenance of an orchard

by paysan.bio » 17/12/17, 09:27

Did67 wrote:
Ahmed wrote:In Wikipedia, however, it is mentioned that a method of applying Polyurethane would be, I quote: "Flexible foams (which) are particularly used in furniture (seats of seats and sofas) ...".

Yes, yes ... But to my knowledge, it's these much denser, often yellowish, "molded" foams - if you de-bone a car seat, you'll see it's a lot denser ...

there is an air layering technique which consists in replacing the potting soil with rock wool.
It's green. maybe that's what you were talking about Hamed.
to my knowledge, with this technique, it is sometimes necessary to re-moisten with a syringe.
its advantage is that rootlets are better ventilated than with potting soil.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/12/17, 09:35

No, the plastic foam is only a thin compress whose role is only to serve as a support for the hormone cutting + fungicide mixture and to keep everything in contact with the wound. The roots will develop, in turn, in a volume of sphagnum contained in a plastic film envelope. If the envelope is correctly made, it is not useful to replenish water because this type of foam is highly hygrophilic.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 17/12/17, 09:43

Ahmed wrote:No, the plastic foam is only a thin compress whose role is only to serve as a support for the hormone cutting + fungicide mixture and to keep everything in contact with the wound. The roots will develop, in turn, in a volume of sphagnum contained in a plastic film envelope. If the envelope is correctly made, it is not useful to replenish water because this type of foam is highly hygrophilic.

I have never seen this technique.
I think I will try.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/12/17, 10:16

If you need more details on this subject, don't hesitate to ask questions! 8)
0 x
youskar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by youskar » 17/12/17, 18:44

Ahmed wrote:No, the plastic foam is only a thin compress whose role is only to serve as a support for the hormone cutting + fungicide mixture and to keep everything in contact with the wound. The roots will develop, in turn, in a volume of sphagnum contained in a plastic film envelope. If the envelope is correctly made, it is not useful to replenish water because this type of foam is highly hygrophilic.

Good evening I would like to know when you talk about fungicide what do you mean exactly?
Regards Karim
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/12/17, 19:18

Karim, a fungicide is a chemical substance that opposes the development of fungi, as the name suggests (roughly: fungus killer). In this case, it was part of the "recipe" that I was using and it was present as a preventive measure to avoid possible mold (a wound is an open door to external microorganisms) ...
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"