Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/09/17, 17:00

Gaston wrote:
Christophe wrote:New old-fashioned? Do you have models in mind? Because I can't see there ...
In Europe there are none, since electronic injection, ESP, ABS and other emergency call buttons are compulsory.

We can no longer buy a new car without ESP ???
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

by Gaston » 05/09/17, 17:24

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/09/17, 17:31

We learn it every day ... : Idea: if it saves lives so much the better.

Like all modern cars have "big" screens at the front that compensates ... : Oops: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/09/17, 13:16

nico239 wrote:We learn it every day ... : Idea: if it saves lives so much the better.

My 20-year-old boy has a sticker on the back window of his old golf 2:
no air bag, no ABS, no ESP ... I'm dying as a man : Mrgreen:

As for the passenger transport company ... The passat a Mamita in 2010 covered more than 100 km / year when my brother had it in his company ... With a single driver ... who did two to three days of 000 hours per week...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/17, 08:28

Message entirely in the subject taken from: Transportation-electric / car-and-electric-transport-the-fil-of-news-t14813-200.html # p325417

Grelinette wrote:Some sentences that seem interesting to me on the management of EV batteries,
from of the link article given by Petrus where it is advised to load at only 70% -80%)

"It has been shown that the battery models currently fitted to Elon Musk's vehicles were starting to suffer from a 5% load capacity degradation after the first 80 km path".
"We have to wait 240 km more (i.e. 320 km per kilometer) so that the battery tires a little more and drops to only 90% of its original capacity"
"the trick already known to save your li-ion battery is to daily charge the battery up to 90% rather than 100% - a total to reserve for long journeys, and thatElon Musk for his part advised an ideal load of 80%
"Jeff Dahn goes even further, he indeed advises for his part to stop at 70% of the capacity, especially for the Model X SUV, which is fully electric. "
"Tesla car can travel 320 km on full charge. A distance that falls to 240 km if you follow the advice by Jeff Dahn "
"in Finland, a taxi driver has just reached the 400 km distance traveled, for a only 7% battery damage"
"Tesloop ...: we just saw one of the Model S exceed 480 km by mileage [color = # FF0000] in just two years[/ color] "
“Toyota has used this for a long time on hybrid cars: the battery charge is managed in such a way that it never drops below 30% or 40% and never goes above 70/80%. When the ODB indicates that the charge is full, in fact it is at 70/80%.

We note in passing that Toyota would implement a gauge system which gives "false" information on the battery charge level in order to preserve its capacity. It is not yet a "Smart gauge" but it comes close!

A "smart gauge" would be for me a gauge that adapts to the driver's habits and indicates the best time to recharge the battery and calculates the optimal charge, for the same car, depending on whether you are:
- a housewife who makes small daily trips to go shopping
- a craftsman who will ride all day to go to his work sites
- an employee who will make a very regular trip morning and evening to come and go from work
- a salesperson who will make a long journey every 2 days
- a tourist on a ride
- Etc. ..
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/17, 14:10

The Tesla's problem is their price.

An electric with a range of about 300km at around 8000 € (which I pay) and with reliable and non-rental batteries I think I buy
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/09/17, 09:30

300 km of autonomy corresponds to a 60 kWh battery in mixed use (off the motorway), i.e. less than 20kWh / 100km.
On the highway, consumption commonly reaches 30kWh / 100km

Currently, the kWh of battery has fallen below 200 € or 200 $ so a gross value of 12.000 $ for 60kWh
In 2009, it was worth over $ 1000

So we will have to wait a little longer for a car with a range of 300 km at € 8.000. :?

Electricity is already profitable if you know how to choose the right vehicle, because you should not focus on the purchase price of the vehicle but on its PRK (Price of Kilometric Return), i.e. the totality of the expenses incurred between its purchase and its resale weighted on the mileage traveled.

For some like our friend nlc, a Tesla model S meets this equation. The reason is simple, 150.000 km in 3 years and it charges mainly on Supercharger, without paying electricity (this is no longer the case on the last vehicles purchased or the manufacturer just offers a free charge package, beyond, the charge is payable). Home charging costs less than 2 liters per 100km for an individual and significantly less for a professional who pays electricity up to 5 times cheaper in Duty Free.

There are very good "family" electric vehicles with more than 200km of autonomy for less than 20.000 € if you leave a diesel over 10 years old.
The Hyundai Ionic was one of them this year, the dealerships have sold off their demonstration models and are out of stock on this acclaimed vehicle.

Madame's electric Volkswagen (an e-Up) has covered 50.000 km in 3 years for 900 € of electricity ... do your accounts ...

Regarding TESLA SuperChargers, they are reserved for the exclusive use of TESLA because even if Europe has forced TESLA to use the German plug standard (Type 2 developed by MENEKES), TESLA has managed to get the best out of it. Its sockets allow TESLA to charge alternating current up to 22kW (15kW currently, it seems to me) on Type2 public terminals but also direct current on the same contacts.
The 3 phases and the earth become 4 pads, ie 2 positive and 2 negative, to directly supply the vehicle battery from the 130kW SuperCharger. Tesla also provides a ChaDemo adapter which allows its models to charge up to 50kW on the fast terminals providing this fast charging standard of Japanese origin.

Tesla and most brands offer integrated GPS applications to locate and guide the vehicle to charging infrastructure.
It is unfortunate to admit that the charge outside the TESLA network is still a lottery ... CHARGEMAP has been trying to remedy this for years, there is still a lot to do.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/09/17, 14:11

citro wrote:300 km of autonomy corresponds to a 60 kWh battery in mixed use (off the motorway), i.e. less than 20kWh / 100km.
On the highway, consumption commonly reaches 30kWh / 100km

Currently, the kWh of battery has fallen below 200 € or 200 $ so a gross value of 12.000 $ for 60kWh
In 2009, it was worth over $ 1000

So we will have to wait a little longer for a car with a range of 300 km at € 8.000. :?

Good ok

citro wrote:Electricity is already profitable if you know how to choose the right vehicle, because you should not focus on the purchase price of the vehicle but on its PRK (Price of Kilometric Return), i.e. the totality of the expenses incurred between its purchase and its resale weighted on the mileage traveled.

Either but difficult not to include a comparison between this overall cost and that of a traditional secondhand

I say this because I am really interested.
I drive about 15000 km a year with a car that consumes about 13 liters per 100
I often do 200km in the day round trip BUT with 3 passes so 6 in all

AND bigger pitfall ... not sure that I can recharge at work

So for the moment I think that I am off target for vehicles in circulation and it's a shame because it tempts me well, even if I don't have all the financial ins and outs.

Before depreciating € 20000 it is not won.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/17, 15:30

I'm going to be the Devil's advocate but AMHA the governments will not be long in tax kWh for electric cars ... their current profitability compared to thermal will then collapse.... We had a long debate on the subject here: Transportation-electric / electric-car-should we-the-tax-kwh-EDF-road-t10007.html (2010 already!)

In Belgium we are currently talking about a km tax to replace the road tax (the equivalent of the old annual French sticker ... hey yes Belgium is not only the country that imposes the most work in Europe it is also the one that taxes the most ... the small ones ...) which would be another alternative to compensate for the shortfall of States on electric vehicles (low for the moment but it will quickly progress ...)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/09/17, 20:56

If this is the case it is not close to being profitable then .... : Evil:
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."