Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What mill to produce BRF?

by eclectron » 01/12/20, 19:31

Rust COHLE wrote: in the "One day, one idea" section, what do you think of the DELEKS brand?

The only flaw of the geotech crusher, in my opinion, is the shrinking extraction chute.
This is no problem with branches without leaves.
On the other hand, as soon as there are quite large leaves (such as maple, plane tree, etc.), it tends to make a plug at the exit.
As with a sheet of paper which would block the extraction.
With practice we anticipate by alternating leaves and wood alone, to chase the leaves, but I admit that it is not great anyway.
I have a harpoon branch to unclog the chute without dismantling and without stopping the engine. : Mrgreen:

Moreover, between the Ahmed version and the electron version, geotech had the "good idea" to add a small bar at the exit of the extraction chute.
The idea is to improve safety to prevent your hand from slipping into the chute while the engine is running, but it jams even more on wide sheets.
Once this obstruction rod is cut, I find myself in the same configuration as Ahmed and it breathes better.

70mm, 100mm, 6.5CV, 7CV all this is subjective.
I go from 100mm but you have to hold back the branch and go there in spurts.
ditto for the 70mm.
You should not think that you are throwing a 70mm branch (especially if the wood is hard) and think that it will take care of itself.
It may jam when cutting, the clutch will smoke, especially if the blades are a little tired.
You have to manage the advance of the wood yourself on the large sections but I don't see this as a negative point, given the price of the chipper.
To avoid this inconvenience it would be necessary to put 15 to 20 times the price….
This whole category of crusher must react in the same way, since it is the same Chinese base.
To see if the model above would react better? (double power)

The two crushers that you present seem better than the geotech at the level of the extraction chute.
Ahmed had left to make one himself, a constant section, which in my opinion would be the best.

Well seen for the willow BRF, I had not thought of the "willow water" effect. : Wink:
Willow degrades quite quickly but it grows quickly, resists pruning very well and is easily crushed.
For me the willow is ideal.
Personally, I wanted to quickly afforest bare land and I planted a lot of willows by cuttings. I watered the cuttings the first summer and then nothing.
Now even in dry areas in summer, trees are holding up.
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/12/20, 20:00

It is always the same Chinese shredder from the same factory, no matter the brand, which is only dependent on the European dealer, as well as the price. As for the "Lifan" engine, it's pure Chinese ... The only real differences are the collapsible feed chute and a less powerful motor. It is difficult to assess whether the ejection chute is narrowed or not, because it is only seen in one shot; I will lean in the affirmative.
Eclectron said:
Ahmed had left to make one himself, at constant section, which in my opinion would be the best.

It even happened! ... and that's the solution.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 01/12/20, 20:57

Ahmed wrote:It is always the same Chinese shredder from the same factory, no matter the brand, which is only dependent on the European dealer, as well as the price. As for the "Lifan" engine, it's pure Chinese ... The only real differences are the collapsible feed chute and a less powerful motor. It is difficult to assess whether the ejection chute is narrowed or not, because it is only seen in one shot; I will lean in the affirmative.
Eclectron said:
Ahmed had left to make one himself, at constant section, which in my opinion would be the best.

Thank you both for your precious advice, the hard part remains to be done: the choice!
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/12/20, 21:14

The issue of the outlet chute jam, which is the weak point for this kind of device, can be solved by any locksmith if you do not have the ability / tools to get out of it yourself. : this must be kept in mind, unless this inconvenience appears to the user as bearable, of course.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/12/20, 08:11

Ahmed wrote:Eclectron said:

Ah bah I missed the end then! : Lol:

An idea in the air for non-locksmiths: I think the extraction chute could be made of wood (medium) with a thin metal veneer inside to limit wear.
There is no great effort in this chute.
I once made a plywood lawn mower puller that must be 15 years old and still working.
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/20, 10:25

Your idea of ​​thin steel veneer on wooden walls is interesting, moreover it would not be useful to cover the whole: it is especially the bottom and the adjacent parts of the sides (therefore not necessarily the entire surface of the sides); on the outside it is not at all necessary.
I am repeating my previous message to you: Here is what gives in the "provisional assembly" version (the sheet is only pointed) the "Covid19" model chute:
IMG0069A.jpg
IMG0069A.jpg (353.61 KB) Viewed times 3695

I was able to carry out a rapid grinding test with vines well garnished with leaves and although it is premature to draw definitive conclusions, I am convinced of the merits of my approach. Question security, it is almost impossible to reach the rotor with the hand (which was not the case with the original part), because if the opening is wider, I voluntarily made assemble the sheet before upper. At the level of the cap, I left an over-length pending, to rule later. I think the curvature is too pronounced and I will probably remedy it by bringing a part with a larger radius on this part.
1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/12/20, 14:35

Ahmed wrote:... I think the curvature is too pronounced and I will probably fix it by fitting a part with a larger radius on this part.

Thanks for the photo. : Wink:
Intuitively I also think that the curvature is too pronounced but remains to be seen in use?

On second thought, even a partially metallic "all-wood extractor" may not be the best idea.
It would be even easier to make a wood / steel hybrid.
-The base and side cheeks in wood.
-the upper and lower faces in thin sheet metal, screwed to wood.
And then a good exterior paint for wood to protect from the rain.

The simplest being without an extractor, I tried : Lol: , it does not care everywhere and watch your eyes, so very bad idea!
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/20, 17:58

Regarding the curvature, I copied / pasted the initial message and since then I have enlarged the radius and finished soldering the assembly. Although having planned to install an adjustable cap, things remained as they were in that this curvature was generally satisfactory and that the possibility of adjustment would bring fewer advantages than disadvantages. Indeed, on a chute of this dimension, it is difficult to install a simple and reliable device (for lack of space, otherwise the ideal [and classic] formula is a chain whose length is varied on a point of anchoring, in reaction with a tension spring operating in opposition => resistance to vibrations, since the chain can only react in one direction and it is elastically clamped in the other => no unlocking or adjustment possible).
If you want a photo, just ask! 8)

You write:
The simplest being without an extractor, I tried : Lol: , it does not care everywhere and watch your eyes, so very bad idea!

Yes, it is the spreading mode! : Mrgreen:
The downside of a wooden structure is that I wonder if it would withstand the very strong vibrations to which it is subjected for a long time, considering that the chipper does not, in my opinion, offer a suitable fixing base for this material.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/12/20, 19:39

Ahmed wrote:The downside of a wooden structure is that I wonder if it would withstand the very strong vibrations to which it is subjected for a long time, considering that the chipper does not, in my opinion, offer a suitable fixing base for this material.

Yes the vibrations are very important.
You have to try to find out, I'm ready to give it a go but not right away.
And anyway I will not touch the original extraction.

For fixing, I can see pretty well how to do with a medium thick base, there would be steel brackets (angle iron) and steel flanges to reinforce.
you may need to glue the wood screws into the wood as well.

If it does not take use, this will be the opportunity to learn how to weld steel : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/20, 21:30

It is especially at the connection that the efforts are considerable, otherwise a properly secured wooden tube resists vibrations well ...
Learn to weld, it opens up a lot of possibilities, especially repairs ...
0 x