Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What mill to produce BRF?

by GuyGadebois » 02/04/20, 16:14

Paul72 wrote:The positive point of this discussion is that I am going to prospect for a chain saw with battery offset on the waist, it looks interesting. Do you have links for those who have tested?

I have not personally tested it, but a landscape friend has a Stihl and he is delighted with it.
https://www.stihl.fr/Produits-STIHL/Tro ... terie.aspx

Otherwise, I found this one with a remote battery (but it only cuts 22cm):
https://www.agrieuro.fr/tronconneuse-el ... 12595.html
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 02/04/20, 16:28

GuyGadebois wrote:
Paul72 wrote:The positive point of this discussion is that I am going to prospect for a chain saw with battery offset on the waist, it looks interesting. Do you have links for those who have tested?

I have not personally tested it, but a landscape friend has a Stihl and he is delighted with it.
https://www.stihl.fr/Produits-STIHL/Tro ... terie.aspx

Otherwise, I found this one with a remote battery (but it only cuts 22cm):

Thank you, interesting, it takes around 700-800 € for a correct basic material (machine + battery + charger)

The harness thing is for heavy users, up to 3 or 4 hours not bad!
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/04/20, 17:21

Paul72 wrote:a chain saw with battery offset on the waist, it looks interesting.

I find the chain guide a little short for felling, we can adapt a longer one, 30cm I think.
An extra battery would be a plus for the very needy! : Lol:

I mainly do pruning and exceptionally felling.
cut in the morning, recharge at midday, cut in the afternoon, 1 battery is enough for me.
when the battery is discharged -> it's a break! : Lol:
as an example I felled a 30cm tree at the foot and cut the branches with a single charge.
Splitting the trunk in 4 * and cutting into 33cm logs required another battery charge.
* starts with a chainsaw and splits with wedges and mass.

At one point I had a Bosch on battery, which is no longer done, it was really too heavy at arm's length for pruning because the battery was on the chainsaw.

There are pro models with battery in the back but the price is pro too : Mrgreen: € 2400 for the whole ...
https://www.oleonmotoculture.fr/accesso ... 77153.html
never tested.

Paul72 wrote:For the shredder, for 10 years I have had a 14hp (!!) thermal thing that works with "knives" that turn and make a noise not possible. In fact, they are like iron blades which, turning very quickly, break the wood ...

wouldn't it be that kind by chance?
https://www.mecacraft.com/broyeur-therm ... t-hta.html
they were the only ones on the market at one time and I hesitated for a long time ... because of the price and doubt about the principle of separate grinding.
And I did well ! : Lol:
The shredder that Ahmed and I have, avoids delimbing. We are getting closer to using a pro grinder at the lowest cost.

I don't know your grinder so I don't prefer to say bullshit on the sharpening of what seems to me to be hammers?
What I can tell you is that the pro shredder I used had the same "hammer" principle but with movable knives on a massive drum.
sharpening was an important criterion on the speed of passage.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 02/04/20, 18:13

Yes, that's exactly what the grinder is. at the time it cost half the price ...

For the chainsaw, it would be intended for occasional cuts, rather of pruning than felling, cutting of logs possibly
a 35cm blade would be sufficient, and a total weight of 4 or 5kg does not scare me more than that.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/04/20, 18:27

Ahmed wrote: My project would be more ambitious, in the sense that it would imply a broad pedagogy aimed at modifying the perception of things and making waste a precious resource, through the intermediation of a municipal crusher. The idea being to mutualize the material and the flow of matter, so that what enters and what leaves can be attributed at best: those who bring waste can leave with shred or not and, in the second case this shred is available for those who do not have or not enough waste (I intend to put in the market a market gardener to smooth the flows so as not to have stock and thus avoid fermentation which is the most delicate constraint). … Communication on new gardening practices (such as the reduction of composting) as well as on societal issues is an essential component of this program which is intended for subsequent duplication.

OK, so the idea is that the municipality buys a shredder (pro?), Make BRF for mulch and possibly shred at home, (with "qualified" labor provided or just the shredder?)

On the other hand, I would need a rewarding argument to avoid vegetable fires: Various haulms, full of pesticides, size of small fruits.
Their argument being that we have always done it! : Lol: but above all that fire kills diseases and this is unfortunately not untrue!
But the life of the little house in the meadow rotten in front of a string of "conventional" vegetable gardens

There is a local evolution towards healthier, I see it in some, young people in particular, I think I can be heard but I would need arguments.
On the subject, the mayor should follow too.

It's going to be sporty in front of the one who goes from decis with a blower, as a preventive against the Colorado potato beetles that it is not even certain to have and on a day of strong wind where everything comes to my house and pits my throat (we far away : Twisted: ) and makes the insects die at my house ....
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 02/04/20, 18:34

Paul72 wrote:a 35cm blade would be sufficient, and a total weight of 4 or 5kg does not scare me more than that.

In this case, any chain saw on battery would be suitable, it seems to me. No need to shift the weight of the battery?

I am not equipped to prune in the trees, I do very very amateur (ladder + my size, without security) I often cut at arm's length, so for me the weight of the machine is important.
0 x
whatever.
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 02/04/20, 18:36

Vegetable fires are prohibited by law ... : Shock:
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/04/20, 20:22

Eclectron, you write:
OK, so the idea is that the municipality buys a shredder (pro?), Make BRF for mulch and possibly shred at home, (with "qualified" labor provided or just the shredder?)

Yes, a shredder that can be towed by a light vehicle (3T5 from the town?); Home delivery is done with qualified personnel (safety of people and also of the machine!), This is what the city of Chalon / Saône had set up, but it is an option to be discussed with the municipality...

The hammer mill follows a different logic from the blade mill and is not intended for the same use. Especially, it is suitable for waste * which does not require cutting or which would quickly sharpen the blades (presence of stones or earth, for example).

* Very soft waste, typically herbaceous or very hard: dry wood and foreign bodies, such as stones, pieces of glass or brick ... : Shock:
Not suitable for fresh wood which is elastic and absorbs the shock wave which will easily destroy a flint kidney ...

I bought a Dewalt pruner, much less efficient (low chain speed) than the Sthil version, but not at the same price and more in keeping with the modest work (it's still me who works! 8) ) that I expect. Very practical for occasional work and for dismantling (trees); for heavy, I come back to thermal ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 03/04/20, 08:46

Ahmed wrote:Yes, a shredder that can be towed by a light vehicle (3T5 from the town?); Home delivery is done with qualified personnel (safety of people and also of the machine!), This is what the city of Chalon / Saône had set up, but it is an option to be discussed with the municipality...

OK, we do not play in the same court in terms of means (300 inhabitants)
I'm going to have to find another much more economical solution, more focused on volunteering and that supposes for the volunteer to be convinced.
No municipal truck but personal tractors. At least one person has a grinder on a tractor.
To convince him to be a volunteer .... I don't know. He still does the BRF for himself.
I have to think about all this ...

Paul72 wrote:Vegetable fires are prohibited by law ... : Shock:

Yes, and I'm the police! : Lol:
In fact people don't care, they set fire and get out.
and the few people who live nearby, it's not their problem ...
"We have to burn!"
I even had one that caused things to burn from the nearby town. "well it's the countryside!" , it disturbs in the city but not under my windows obviously.
The hedge that separates us can stop the sight but not the smoke.
So get angry ...

the other unstoppable argument "I never burn" (well yes the proof!) or "I only burn once a year", yes like all the others, each in turn ....

By dint of moaning, it seems to work but I have to hit them all one by one ...
it allows to get to know each other. : Lol:
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/04/20, 09:24

Perhaps a rotor crusher of identical design to those which we both use, but on PTO behind a tractor would be a good solution in your case? : Idea:
The only device that meets this criterion (rotor) is this: https://www.triadegreenworld.com/broyeu ... oints-pto/
All the other small grinders have equipped with a disc, an economical choice, but less satisfactory from my point of view.

I tried to find out about the price of a professional electric shredder (mains and / or batteries), but ... Covid19 ... :frown:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."